• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome - illegal repo in contravention of section 92 and unfair relationship ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good morning all :)

I'm in the process of filling in the N244 for summary judgement. Question 4 asks if I will be attaching a draft of the order, I can't seem to find anything on this anywhere :confused:

Any advice greatly appreciated, I don't want to mess up at this stage!! :eek:

Without running to my friend mr google i would imagine that to mean a draft of what the outcome would be...ill go visit my friend now lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Without running to my friend mr google i would imagine that to mean a draft of what the outcome would be...ill go visit my friend now lol

I've been chatting to my friend Mr. Google all night, (and all morning!!). I kind of thought that too but I'm not sure how to go about it :confused:

There is an option to not attach one, so it's not desperate I don't think :confused:

I've been chatting to my friend Mr. Google all night, (and all morning!!). I kind of thought that too but I'm not sure how to go about it :confused:

There is an option to not attach one, so it's not desperate I don't think :confused:

this is from the notes for the form

Question 3

Set out what order you are applying for and why; e.g. to adjourn the hearing because..., to set aside a judgment against me because... etc.

id then probably say no to attaching because you arent asking for adournment etc

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

this is from the notes for the form

Question 3

Set out what order you are applying for and why; e.g. to adjourn the hearing because..., to set aside a judgment against me because... etc.

id then probably say no to attaching because you arent asking for adournment etc

It's really annoying cos on the notes it just misses out question 4, the only thing I wanted guidance on! :mad:

WELL DEPENDING HOW LONG YOUR APPLICATION IS

POINT 3 WOULD BE SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

POINT 4 NO

POINT 5 AT A HEARING

POINT 6 30 MINUTES

POINT 7 N/A

POINT 8 DISTRICT

POINT 9 DEFENDANT/RESPONDANT

POINT 10 THE ATTACHED WITNESS STATEMENT

I MYSELF FEEL THERE IS NO NEED FOR A DRAFT ORDER

WITNESS STATEMENT SHOULD BE ENOUGH

THIS IS A SIMPLE CASE OF A SUMMARY JUDGEMENT

THE JUDGE CAN MAKE HIS OWN ONE UP

WAIT FOR MORE COMMENTS THOUG

THIS IS A ROUGH TEMPLATE FOR A DRAFT ORDER IF REQUIRED

IN THE XXXXXXX county court

Claim No:

IN A PROPOSED ACTION

BETWEEN:

[ ]

Claimant

and

[ ]

Defendant

draft/ORDER

UPON [hearing the claimant and the defendant]

AND UPON [reading the witness statement

IT IS ORDERED THAT:

Dated the day of 200

I noticed that too :rolleyes: sod's law isnt it

I Would Go With

the Attached Witness Statement

It seems that I'm not precluded from ticking more than 1 of those boxes??:confused:

I will be referring to their defence, (in the fact that it was an admission in parts), and I was also considering attaching some evidence too.

I just don't want to allow them any room to squirm out of this, kind of belt and braces approach. I'm aware of not making it too long and drawn out for the judge's benefit; I was thinking of:

• My allegation is.....
  • Points X,Y and Z in their defence are actually an admission to my allegation
  • Find annexed excerpts from 3 reputable debt advice groups to support my allegation, relevant areas highlighted for ease of reference
  • CCA 1974 S92
  • CCA 2006 S140

best bet is for you to set out your withess statement and post it up for me to go over

the important thing is its not to long as judges to tend to skip over docs

relevant points

addmission

relevant case law

printed out on the witness statement

thats the relevant sections

Hello Guest! You got your AQ today too?? :D

muhahahahaha

Also got notification from DVLA today that somebody is applying for the V5. So welscum decided to send the car to auction before the conclusion of this case, now that wasn't very sensible was it??! Oh well, just another point for my summary judgement, hay ho :rolleyes:

Are they serious!!! :eek:

i would also be tempted to send a letter to the court informing them that this company is acting in defiance of a summarry court action or something to that effect...would nt it now be classed as theft of property /vehicle withourt the consent from court..

I'd be tempted to let them do it actually! Will only compound their actions and give you a stronger argument.

This is what im doing letter outlines that they will issue anyway if we are not the people in possession of the car so no point contesting ;) Cant believe what they sent today tho :rolleyes:

I'd be tempted to let them do it actually! Will only compound their actions and give you a stronger argument.

This has been decided as the preferred course of action! lol! :D

I would've loved to have had my car back because it was special to me, (to anyone else it was a falling apart piece of cr*p!), but you're right, I now have even more ammo to prove the kind of wretched company they really are!! :mad:

I hadn't finished my summary judgement, for some reason I just couldn't muster the motivation to do it the justice I know I have the capability of giving it :Cry:

I strongly believe in fate, and if I had submitted it before now I would've missed this golden opportunity!! :D

I've given it a lot of thought and I can't see this as anything other than beneficial to my case ;)

The claim was filed on 1st April, (ha ha! that tickles me every time :lol:), I got my road tax reminder a couple days ago, (so car was still registered to me), and then V5 notification yesterday. This proves that they put my car to auction after the commencement of the case. Even if the DVLA were massively lax, the maximum time it would've taken to process the new application would've been 4 weeks, which was still after the claim date!

On my claim form I requested either the car back or the value as stated in the agreement, but now there's no woolly area, value of car it is :) Which incidentally I put as the value as stated in the agreement, (it's not like they ever make any allowances for depreciation! :p).

If the judge was going to have any reservations about my claim for unfairness, then hopefully this will strengthen my case ;)

It seems so cool that in the space of 2 or 3 days I have received; a road tax reminder, notification of application for V5, notice of allocation to fast track, copy of the directions given by the judge on the day and an Allocation Questionnaire :cool:

Wannabe is now fully armed and ready to strike!!! :cool: