• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

RyanAir Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've just registered so please accept my appologies if this subject has already been covered.

Can anyone please tell me if it is Legal for Ryanair to charge individual Credit card Charges to everyone in a travelling party when they're ALL on the one booking instead of just one charge per booking?

If it isn't, does anyone know of any previous cases?

Thanks again to all for any responses

BB

As I see it Ryanair can charge what they like for whatever they like. If they called it a "Booking Fee" or an "Admin Fee" would that make you happier?

The only query I would have is under the Trades Descriptions Act as to whether they can call something a credit card charge when it clearly is not.

Hi geoff1248

Thanks for your kind reply. For a minute there you read like an Employee :D

I'm not against Ryanair charging a fee (called by any name).

What I am questioning is the Legality of, say, in a party of 5 - why charge 5 fees when it is only 1 card belonging to 1 person that's making a booking that's only processed once? Happiness comes from clarification...

Thanks again

BB

I am not a lawyer - so this advice is based purely on what I have read.

I am not sure what law you feel they might have broken. Their charges are there to see - albeit you may not have seen them.

Ryanair certainly feel they can charge what they like and treat customers outisde the norms of usual customer service.

While ever people continue to travel with them they will continue to do so. Peronally I would rather stick red-hot needles through my eyeballs.

Hi Folkiedave. Thanks for your reply.

Just found out most Card companies in the US have outlawed it and 10 States have made it illegal. Why not here? I think there is a reluctance in the UK to challenge this and we just can't be bothered with the hassle. Its the principle - we don't mind a charge - but make it FAIR

Quote. I asked Visa about the practice, and Ted Carr, spokesman, responded: "Visa does not allow merchants to charge consumers a fee for using a Visa card because we do not believe that cardholders should be penalised for using their cards. Checkout fees on purchases are harmful to consumers and unfairly shift the cost of electronic payments onto consumers"

Will update this post when I've contacted my own card company.

Thanks again

BB

This has been mentioned before, but I know from forced regular use of Ryanair [no other carrier goes there] that they charge £5 per person per flight, so £25 each way if you do a return trip for 5. I'm not saying I agree with it by any means, just clarifying.

There is something on this forum about the one card they don't charge for, but I don't recall the name of it.

The last booking I made with Ryanair the other day was more transparent than it used to be about charges. I can't remember if they added on the charge for using a credit card after I clicked to accept the booking, like they did last year. I know there is a facility to click through for information on charges, but of course if you book online, you have to use a card........

As for admin, tax and other charges, they are complete mystery to me and seem to vary according to the headline cost of the flight, as in they seem to be higher for the cheaper tickets.

I would love the OFT to look at this.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Just things like only buying promotional fares...they come without online check-in charges. Know what free payment method they use, know hand luggage size restrictions and keep extras stuffed in pockets, a seperate carrier...wear extra things if need be. No proirity seating; there's always a seat. Eat before boarding the plane so there is no temptation to eat food with a 5000% mark up (guess) and I eat before going to the airport too, although MAN has a Greggs and I'm not that tight I won'y pay 52p for a sausage roll, lol.

Avoid giving them commissions by using hotel and car hire scrapers, and also never buy a ruddy gift certificate because they expire @ 6 months and they don't give change!! (paying for a £1 flight and using a £25 voucher?! - minimum denomination)

Just stuff like that really. Another one is to make sure you don't fall foul of any dodgy weighing machines and make you split weight across other people's luggage where possible (this usually involves moving womankinds extra weight to mankinds!!)

Just generally keep an eye on what they are planning and I always read their T&C's before booking incase they are trying something on. I can't stop now - also it has been alleged that Ryanair purposefully get people's salutation wrong and make purposeful errors with names. Whether that is the case or not I type out my details with paranoid precision and make sure the screen is still, computer not busy, and click submit once - double clicking makes Ryanair a fortune in their thoroughly annoying name change fees etc.

No, but they have retained paid air passenger duty when it was not incurred (I never made the flight - so they didn't pay the APD). The swines, like others, charge an admin fee to issue the due refund which, funnily enough, is higher than the refund. There is no admin - it's just so they can keep your money.

Ryanair are so down on me though, I don't care anymore! My weight in kerosene does not cost 2p or £2 - which is just about the most I'll pay!

Thanks Thailand, it's kind of you to share that.

I think our problem is that we can't necessarily choose when we travel.

Have you experienced the problem of 'admin charges' varying with the price of tickets at all?

My best.

I have used the same method as Thailand and got some very good deals...it is a problems when you have to book at a late stage of any journey...then you will have to pay through the nose. However, I agree there is no admin as if you try to recover any costs for anyone of their fligths the admin will be much more than than what the flight costs ie £1. or £5, which is most I have paid since 2005 with Ryain air

In 2005, I book to go to a wedding and I book which I thouhg was months in advance with a very good prices, however, when I got to the airport I was told that I was month late, I book it for April instead of May!!! How stupid is that!!!! it was a genuine error on my part. I was in total panic at the airport. I was told that if I want to travel that day I would have to pay £250.00 and the wedding was the next day therefore I had to fork out that amount of money for a standby flight which had empty seats on it????

After that experience I am very careful when booking for any flights or indeed train journeys....:|

I turned up a day late at Girona once and Ryanair wouldn't accept my argument that 'our bums on a seat today are the same as our bums on a seat yesterday' LOL. Can't blame 'em for that. Thing is had to stay in ruddy Lloret de Mar for another 3 days in a hotel that catered for the Spanish grey euro as it was out of season...saved money by waiting 3 more days though!

Not the first time I've turned up a day late either *must not get so trollied on hols* :D

Standby is one way of putting it, Allwood, they know now that this policy makes them more money - in the good old days we could turn up at the airport and get a good deal!

I have booked two return journeys before now in case one goes t*ts up (as long as they were Ryanair and cost a penny)