ncp parking ticket

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone advise me on what I should do about getting a parking ticket from and NCP car park in Ipswich. I purchased a ticket and it didn't have a sticky back to it so I just placed it on the dashboard in front of the driver seat. I came back before the hour was up and had been given a parking fine. I searched for the ticket I had purchased but couldn't find it. I can only presume it had blown off the dashboard when I shut the car door. I'm not sure whether to write to them explaining that or just do nothing until I get a letter from them. I guess it's there word against mine.

I would appreciate any advice from anyone that can help me. I am loather to send them the requested £50 but if I don't then after 28 days it will go up to £100.

What should I do?/

Thanks

Kevin

Welcome to the forums.. :-)

As is stated in every private parking thread here........

(except mine!)

Yours is similar to mine...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/226388-diskmandave-central-ticketing.html

IGNORE... IGNORE.... AND IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH.....

IGNORE SOME MORE!!!

IT'S A [problem]!!!

But do please come back for help or support should the need arise! :)

Remember, it's NOT a fine.

It's an unenforcible [problem] invoice.

As Dave said.......

Don't respond to any letters.

Don't write.

Don't email.

Don't phone.

Ignore. IGNORE. IGNORE.

Eventually, they'll get fed up and chase some other mug who is easier to intimidate.

If any of the above fails to work...... Just ignore some more!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

i to have ignored all letters from ncp but now it is with the bailifes what do i do next do i still ignore or tell them where to go as well lol

It cannot be with the bailiffs unless it has been to court, and you have lost, and you ahve failed to pay the court judgement.

I suspect you mean it is with the "debt collectors" who are only the same people as NCP in the first place.

It cannot be with the bailiffs unless it has been to court, and you have lost, and you ahve failed to pay the court judgement.

I suspect you mean it is with the "debt collectors" who are only the same people as NCP in the first place.

Barry Swift, I would double check this if I were you. As it has been said, some NCP car parks are Local Authority ones. If you have received a PCN from NCP acting on behalf of the council then this can be registered as a debt at TEC at Northampton County Court. Just double check to make sure it is definately a private one.

Regards,

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

ok thanks people i will check but as far as i awhere i aint been threatened with court just yet

thanks

As Lamma says, you wont get threatened with court if it is a Local Authority ticket, it will simply be registered as a debt with TEC. You might want to post the ticket up for concensus on the matter.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

If it says "breach of terms and conditions" on the ticket, it's a [problem] invoice.

If it says "Traffic Management Act 2004" on it, it's a bonefide fine.

Hi, there,

I am a first time user and since I have been benefit from reading all you posts, I would like to share my experience with you guys.

We parked at the local NCP last Sunday: never parked there before because there are many other council run, free to park on Sunday places. It was a mistake to park it that day as we think we will pay and avoid the wind and rain. ( we were taking the kids to the nearby cinema and NCp is the nearest car park.)

When we were back, we have been issued the Parking Contravention Charge Notice. Same as the rest of you guys, pay £50 within 14 days or double the amount for later payment. We parked at the bay saying "Late Pay Parking": it was Sunday and the weather was really bad, there were hardly anybody in town so we decided it doesn't hurt anybody if we parked for a couple of hours, or less, depends the film. What a mistake!!!!

The officer worked there told me that a lot of people was very angry about it and one man was so angry, he broke the window of the office and the police was called! Anyway, he said even himself disagree what the company was doing and the fine was only introduced a month agao, hence a lot of local people was caught by such a [problem]!

Another thing I think it could proven the ticket is invaild is that it said the car was "parked in a restricted area in a car park" which is under NCP Violation Code 1, the car was actually parked on "Late Pay Bay" which should under Code 8 "Parked for longer than 20 minutes limited parking pay"!!! What a shame they can't even get the violation code right!

So, after doing our research, we have decided to ignor the ticket and see what will happen: we are good citizens and pay our tax, etc, being ripoff by such national company is just not fair!

Well, they have sold half of the business tp private equity company and that surely is saying something about why they have just bought in such money-making [problem] to rip honest people off.

Will keep you guys posted of what happens next.

Thanks for reading.

Hi folks im new to this forum.

I think I have paid at least £700 to these b*****ds in the past 6 months!

Please dont be tell me that I could have avoided these smelly, evil, rotten people!

:(

EPIC FAIL

don't need to tell you - I think you now know. tell all your neighbours and friends about this 'industry'