Completely ignoring a DCA, can it work ?

snowy101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Fred B,

Just to maximise their discomfort financially, the Welsh Language Act requires them to provide ALL of their paperwork in both Welsh and English to all postcodes in Wales.

A complete waste of their money and you can insist. Unfortunately the little luvvies are confused enough. Thinking of sending a phonetic version of Jack and Jill books in both Welsh and English

regards

oilyrag.:)

Hi Fred B,

Just to maximise their discomfort financially, the Welsh Language Act requires them to provide ALL of their paperwork in both Welsh and English to all postcodes in Wales.

A complete waste of their money and you can insist. Unfortunately the little luvvies are confused enough. Thinking of sending a phonetic version of Jack and Jill books in both Welsh and English

regards

oilyrag.:)

Glad to be of service when it comes to stitching DCAs up. I think this might be worth a thread on it's own. I don't know how many Welsh members we have on here but there are probably quite a few.

This is the kind of thing that I like - it will bugger them up like no tomorrow.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Glad to be of service when it comes to stitching DCAs up. I think this might be worth a thread on it's own. I don't know how many Welsh members we have on here but there are probably quite a few.

This is the kind of thing that I like - it will bugger them up like no tomorrow.

Regards.

Fred

hi, fred i intend to bugger them up , not only will i demand all of thier letters are sent in welsh/english, i will also ask for a copy of my original cca in welsh

(if and when they do find it!) i hope this will cost these **** dcas, when i did receive phone calls from blair oliver and snot i only spoke to them in welsh, maybe they thought that they got the wrong number, and ended up in a call center in india! havent had a call from blair & co for some time now:lol: :grin:. regards rhos 123

hi, fred i intend to bugger them up , not only will i demand all of thier letters are sent in welsh/english, i will also ask for a copy of my original cca in welsh

(if and when they do find it!) i hope this will cost these **** dcas, when i did receive phone calls from blair oliver and snot i only spoke to them in welsh, maybe they thought that they got the wrong number, and ended up in a call center in india! havent had a call from blair & co for some time now:lol: :grin:. regards rhos 123

Good on yer Rhos, I'll be interested to see how you get on.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Reading the thread with interest, just thought I would mention another angle on this. If someone owed me money, and I was confident of my facts, I may ask them for it once maybe twice, but letter after letter month after month ?? No I dont think so. So if a dca is using this tactic and knowing how ruthless they can be, surely the tactic itself speaks volumes.;-)

• 1 year later...

So , i started this topic in October 2009 & in December 2011 i am still waiting for

Door step collectors to call

Imminent legal action to start

Court papers to be served.

What i have had is loads of special offers of reduced payments, make us an offer letters, and the so called debts being passed down the food chain to the bottom feeders. Proof indeed that most of their threats are worthless hot air.

Well, at least you are helping the economy by keeping your postman in employment...

There is no law saying you have to take a blind bit of notice of debt collector **** and if your attention is that important to them, the least they can do is follow through on their hollow threats!

It's unreasonable for a DCA, or other, to phone you at home and assume you speak English as a first language in my opinion. I have had reason to accuse DCAs and banks of discrimination when they have insisted on speaking to me in English when I answer all calls to my home in Welsh. Their replies have been i sulting at best and it was quite hilarious listening to their frustrations... Oh and speaking s..l...o..w..l......y to you as if youhave special needs! This is my home and I'll speak my first language, my home language, language of work and daily life to anyone who calls unsolicited to my home. My CCA does not say I have to communicate verbally to them in English does it.. Now probably a different matter regarding writing to OC? The same would apply in court. Any written letters to OC would have to be in English I'm assuming as business with them was always such....

Public bodies with hqs based in Wales have to follow Welsh language boardguidelines... Whether that now applies to banks which have been more or less nationalised / subsidised is a moot point??

I always state to DCAs that I will only respond to them if they write to me in Welsh and then reply to them when I feel like it in Welsh... They do not like that....

The FOS deals with complaints in Welsh and will respond to you in Welsh if the request is made. Also the ICO.. This can take longer....

I'm still waiting to find out if anyone corresponds to DCAs in Welsh and if they get replies in Welsh!

Regards.

Fred

I'm still waiting to find out if anyone corresponds to DCAs in Welsh and if they get replies in Welsh!

Regards.

Fred

None have replied yet...... In either language.

I did leave a message in Welsh on answering message for the Welsh speaker for a legal firm acting on behalf of a dca who had sent the usual legal blah blah letter which annoyed me. I googled the solicitors in England and one of partners was Welsh and 'advertised' they dealt in Welsh. He was awol but his 'desk' allowed an answering machine message.. I left one iin Welsh. Got letter ... An apology I recall..... But was in English. They passed their details back to client......

So , i started this topic in October 2009 & in December 2011 i am still waiting for

Door step collectors to call

Imminent legal action to start

Court papers to be served.

What i have had is loads of special offers of reduced payments, make us an offer letters, and the so called debts being passed down the food chain to the bottom feeders. Proof indeed that most of their threats are worthless hot air.

If you dont pay the first DCA, why do the umptenth DCA think things will suddenly change and youll pay them..? :)

Perhaps when a DCA recieves an account from a creditor they dont always know it has been tried by someone else before them?

From a creditors poitn of view presumably they must think different DCAs have different strengths - which iswhy they pass them around and dont only use one.

there should be a limit to the amount of passing around that can be done IMO - max of 3 DCAs or something.

The Debt Buyer and Sellers Group is responsible for the buying and selling of debt, and IMHO it should be ABOLISHED.

Any debt should only be passed on ONCE outside the original organisation, and the original organisation is ultimately responsible for the passing on of the complete debt file, not just a name, address and amount on a spreadsheet.

The whole rotten system of debt buying and selling should be abolished - it feeds the misery this country is now under and does not generate any real 'income' as the bulk of the people dealing with 'distressed debt' are hiding the money offshore and not paying taxes - this is proven fact should anyone from the DBSG want to complain. It may only be a minor percentage of their members who do this but it is done, same as only a minor percentage of people do not pay their bills AT ALL....

Perhaps when a DCA recieves an account from a creditor they dont always know it has been tried by someone else before them?

From a creditors poitn of view presumably they must think different DCAs have different strengths - which iswhy they pass them around and dont only use one.

Hi Ghost

I don`t think creditors care about different " strengths " there interested in who can collect & what the debt is worth , I was told that debt is worth more to these company's because they insure against debt & then get paid when someone falls into difficulties then sell on the debt, so double bubble. I don`t think there will ever be a review with real facts that puts in place a regulatory body with real teeth. We still have sites like CAG & hopefully more & more people will become less fearful & more educated to the fact that they are powerless & never to be trusted.

Edited by snowy101
spelling

The whole rotten system of debt buying and selling should be abolished - it feeds the misery this country is now under and does not generate any real 'income' as the bulk of the people dealing with 'distressed debt' are hiding the money offshore and not paying taxes - this is proven fact should anyone from the DBSG want to complain. It may only be a minor percentage of their members who do this but it is done, same as only a minor percentage of people do not pay their bills AT ALL....

Not really sure how this makes any difference when it comes to the bottom line. The overriding principle is if you borrow money you pay it back - plenty of british companies and employees benefit from DCAs clawing money back on their behalf - its a spurious argument to say DCAs have less of a right to collect money because they are based abroad.

Hi Ghost

I don`t think creditors care about different " strengths " there interested in who can collect & what the debt is worth , I was told that debt is worth more to these company's because they insure against debt & then get paid when someone falls into difficulties then sell on the debt, so double bubble. I don`t think there will ever be a review with real facts that puts in place a regulatory body with real teeth. We still have sites like CAG & hopefully more & more people will become less fearful & more educated to the fact that they are powerless & never to be trusted.

I spose there must be a reason they are passed around and it must produce results.

With regards to insuring against losses - I am not really sure it makes much difference to the end debtor. I have a debt with a bank, why do I care what they are doing behind the scenes?