Is this correct what Loyds TSB have told me?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They don't have a valid CCA although they've written to me stating

that they're still currently trying to locate a a signed copy of my credit agreement with them, but they say :

We can assure you, however, that before we opened your credit card account, we would have required sight of a signed agreement. If you take this matter further, we are confident in our ability to be able to prove this.

In addition, we would point out that your credit card account has been in existence for some time and you have drawn down and repaid debt on multiple occasions, thereby acknowledging that your agreement is valid and enforceable.

The account was opened around 1996, and hasn't been used since around 2000, and I have paid reduced amounts via debt management from 2000 until around 2007.

It's been back and forth between AIC, Debt Managers and Apex.

Thank you

HT

Send them this

Dear Cretins

I suggest you read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and pay particular attention to S 127. You are already in default of my Legal Request under S 77/78 of the same act.

Im sur I do not need to quote case law to you to prove you are talking errant nonsense

yours etc

They really don't understand do they the poor little mites, the argument isn't whether a debt exists or has existed the crux of the matter is whether it is legally enforceable, which in this case it isn't because they cannot produce a CCA.

Lloyds TSB only keep agreements for six years.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w289/diskmandave/BLS-NoAgreement.jpg

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/68852-ltsb-no-agreement-game.html

They put up quite a fight though...

Edited by diskmandave

I'm having a similar battle with Moorcroft over Lloyds, so I'll be interested in what happens here. I've also had the 'Lloyds don't keep paperwork older than 6 years' argument, so I just wrote and thanked Moorcroft for confirming that Lloyds don't have a true copy of the properly-executed agreement.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I'm having a similar battle with Moorcroft over Lloyds, so I'll be interested in what happens here. I've also had the 'Lloyds don't keep paperwork older than 6 years' argument, so I just wrote and thanked Moorcroft for confirming that Lloyds don't have a true copy of the properly-executed agreement.

Regards.

Fred

they found my agreement from 1998 here :(

they found my agreement from 1998 here :(

They found mine too, it's just that it's a great big pile of dung.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

And mine from 1992, so they certainly keep them for longer than 6 years.

I can however shed some light as it looks as though its been retrieved from microfiche - in my instance the executed agreement was illegible.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

They really don't understand do they the poor little mites, the argument isn't whether a debt exists or has existed the crux of the matter is whether it is legally enforceable, which in this case it isn't because they cannot produce a CCA.

Send them this

Dear Cretins

I suggest you read the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and pay particular attention to S 127. You are already in default of my Legal Request under S 77/78 of the same act.

Im sur I do not need to quote case law to you to prove you are talking errant nonsense

yours etc

Would it be possible for you to point me in the direction of a suitable template that I can reply to them with?

Thanks again

HT