PUZZLE - Book Quiz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these last two books ones we will have heard of (I've never heard of the Wasp Factory)?

One of them is one of the most famous and well known books ever written. The other, by no means obscure, will perhaps be better known to those who like detective stories...

Are these last two books ones we will have heard of (I've never heard of the Wasp Factory)?

Me neither, but it exists, although it sounds weird:eek:

The Wasp Factory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

6, A Study in Scarlet?

clutching at a broken straw here

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

14 - The Wasp Factory??

I may be really thick, but I still can't see the relevance at all in the clue:confused:

I've read all about it on Wikipedia as well:lol:.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

One more to go guys. Now that A Study in Scarlet has been guessed, I am happy to tell you that this last one is one of the most well known - and in my opinion, best - books ever written.

The clues need to taken on face value, and Google will probably be your friend when hunting for the answer. Note that each of the three parts of the green clue -

1 Public mask..an alternative face or name, perhaps?

2 And MacCormack who?

3 Lucky he's so vocal!

- can form three search words which, when punched into Google, lead to the answer very quickly...

Edited by Tezcatlipoca

04 war and peace

Tez, Just wanted to say thanks for doing this quiz, :D:D

Famous vocalist?!! Well I've never heard of him, that was a very ambiguous clue, naughty Tez :D I would never have got that in a month of Sundays :p

The vocalist part was just an extra clue to give you the correct MacCormack. The original clue, 'MacCormack's public mask' gave you MacCormack and Pseudonym.

Even without the vocalist part, just punching 'pseudonym maccormack' into Google gives you his wiki page, the pseudonym and the punned title of the book, as the first search result.. ;)

Tez, Just wanted to say thanks for doing this quiz, :D:D

My pleasure. I write a lot of these things for fun, so may do another one at some point in the future...