ROSSENDALES (proud to be profesionals)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Last week I had a visit from Rossendales re poll tax..asking for £333.00.

I spoke with the Bailiff and he advised me that i could pay by instalments once he'd levied on my goods?? he said I had 2 weeks to decide.

I requested a bill from the council, and 5 days later I recieved it, it shows £233.00. so I called said bailiff and he advises me that the £100.00 are their charges, I asked for an explanation and he simply said ' our charges'.

Basically I can pay the £233.00 in full on Tuesday, so what nice letter can I send to both parties re my intentions.

And how do I find out if this bailiff is registered??

Thanks

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you search through/read the posts in this section you'll find alsorts of letters you can adapt for your own means. This amongst other sites is what I have done to write mine. Am sure someone may post something at some point, but the site is as I see it, free and those giving advice such as letters are not on here all day everyday so it maybes take a bit longer than you anticipate for a reply (I know I post to myself a lot of the time on my thread).

Hi All

Last week I had a visit from Rossendales re poll tax..asking for £333.00.

I spoke with the Bailiff and he advised me that i could pay by instalments once he'd levied on my goods?? he said I had 2 weeks to decide.

I requested a bill from the council, and 5 days later I recieved it, it shows £233.00. so I called said bailiff and he advises me that the £100.00 are their charges, I asked for an explanation and he simply said ' our charges'.

Basically I can pay the £233.00 in full on Tuesday, so what nice letter can I send to both parties re my intentions.

And how do I find out if this bailiff is registered??

Thanks

Mr W

If you intend to pay it all off in one go then pay it direct to the Council - they will either have an automated telephone system or you can pay online. I assume this is the first visit by the Bailiff - providing he hasn't levied any goods iside or outside the all you are liable to pay is £24-50, add this to the Council Tax of £233 and make a payment of £257-50 direct to the Council. When you have done that ring the Bailiff direct and tell him it is paid - who to and how you did it. If he comes knocking after that tell him to go forth and multiply. As Jim Royal may have said "£100 charges my a**e"

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you search through/read the posts in this section you'll find alsorts of letters you can adapt for your own means. This amongst other sites is what I have done to write mine. Am sure someone may post something at some point, but the site is as I see it, free and those giving advice such as letters are not on here all day everyday so it maybes take a bit longer than you anticipate for a reply (I know I post to myself a lot of the time on my thread).

Hi Thanks for your reply, spose I want everything now..

Thanks in anyway

Mr W

IF he comes today, DO NOT LET HIM IN.

Pay him what you owe, plus £24.50 plus £18 for the visit fees.

BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE, KEEP THE WINDOWS AND DOORS LOCKED.

NOT NOT LET HIM OBTAIN A LEVY - that changes the game big time, and it's a much harder battle at that point.

I will post a scan up in a min, it is the back of the CT 14 Day Baillif Notice I got through the post this week - and it is from my Council, but the fees are provided for in statute, but I do not have the reference to hand.:)

FX

If fact, the allowable fees may even be on the back of one of your letters! Have a quick rummage.

Hi

There are no fees anywhere, his fees that he has on the demand are £100.00 over the £233.00 the council want, I believe that he is owed two call charges which are what? I will call and pay the council within the next hour but what should I pay apart from the £233.00. as I dont want an irate bailiff at the door as I need to go out.

WoW

Thanks for that effort, so question is do I contact the council and tell them to take the £233.00 over the phone + £24.00 for the first visit and £18.00 for the 2nd..Total £275.00.

Then do I need to advise the bailiff of my payment ?? will he be ****ed off that I/ We know our rights, what do I do if he gets shirty etc.

Or is there a letter I can send to Rossendales and let them know what I have done, I could send that first class today.

Cheers

Mr W

Then do I need to advise the bailiff of my payment ?? will he be ****ed off that I/ We know our rights, what do I do if he gets shirty etc.

Let him get shirty. Don't even open the door to him!

I'm not sure exactly what to do here - people do not have the means to pay straight away, normally.

If you can pay the Council, do it. The Liability Order has then been discharged and there is nothing the he can do about it.

Alternatively, speak to the Bailiff from an upstairs window, explain you know your rights, and ask him if he will take payment and give you written conf that that Liability Order has been discharged.

Might help to have a second opinion on this one - not quite used to people having the means to pay there and then!!!;)

Let him get shirty. Don't even open the door to him!

I'm not sure exactly what to do here - people do not have the means to pay straight away, normally.

If you can pay the Council, do it. The Liability Order has then been discharged and there is nothing the he can do about it.

Alternatively, speak to the Bailiff from an upstairs window, explain you know your rights, and ask him if he will take payment and give you written conf that that Liability Order has been discharged.

Might help to have a second opinion on this one - not quite used to people having the means to pay there and then!!!;)

Thanks for your honesty..

Normally I wouldnt have the money to pay but on this occasion I have, I am considering telling the councill that I wish to be means tested through the courts or can this be done since they have the liability order?, or should I just pay it and get it over with.

Mr W

Bite the bullet lad. Pay them.

It's a long, hard battle dealing with these types, and you will still have the worry of "the knock at the door". The Council will play awkward, the Bailiffs will behave like bullies. If, per chance they get a levy, they WILL cause you a lot more pain and hearache than a couple of hundred quid that you could blow in a day, and have nothing to show for it.

Save yourself the ongoing worry, get this dealt with and put to bed (I love cliches), and put your efforts into something that will get you on in life.

Bite the bullet lad. Pay them.

It's a long, hard battle dealing with these types, and you will still have the worry of "the knock at the door". The Council will play awkward, the Bailiffs will behave like bullies. If, per chance they get a levy, they WILL cause you a lot more pain and hearache than a couple of hundred quid that you could blow in a day, and have nothing to show for it.

Save yourself the ongoing worry, get this dealt with and put to bed (I love cliches), and put your efforts into something that will get you on in life.

OK Mam

I shall get it sorted today...lol... you are dead right with your comments.

Cheers

Mr W

I did not mean that to sound patronising!!!! :eek: Sorry

No Prob I understand, thanks for pushing me in the right direction, it will hurt tho cos ave got mates fiddling system and dont have the crap we / I do, and they get there bills paid etc, but that's another story.

Cheers

Mr W

But you could still write a nice letter to your council (and it would be rude not to copy in Rossendales too) informing them of your wish to pursue a complaint against Rossendales and their bailiff for illegally claiming fees they know they are not entitled to.

And there is an online search to check the bailiff is registered

Certificated Bailiff

and if not a nice form 4 complaint go heads their way as well.

Just cos you pay up doesn't mean you should just accept their behaviour - but then I've never been one to let something go! My partner hates that :)

But you could still write a nice letter to your council (and it would be rude not to copy in Rossendales too) informing them of your wish to pursue a complaint against Rossendales and their bailiff for illegally claiming fees they know they are not entitled to.

Certificated Bailiff

Just cos you pay up doesn't mean you should just accept their behaviour - but then I've never been one to let something go! My partner hates that :)

Thanks for your input, my partner does not like my attitude toward these bailiffs and even tho we have no money she says pay what he asks and stop trying to 'get out of things'.

What if when I check he is not registered do I need to pay him?

Certificated Bailiff

Just cos you pay up doesn't mean you should just accept their behaviour - but then I've never been one to let something go! My partner hates that :-)

I would agree, always good to have someone fighting back.

IMO they are committing a crime by attempting to defraud you of fees they are not entitled to. I think it might come under s2 and s4 of the Fraud Act 2006, so if you pursue that avenue, once you have paid them, get a new thread going and be sure to let me know! There are plenty of people with more knowledge than I when it comes to such things... and plenty of people who seem to enjoy it as well!!!:D

I would agree, always good to have someone fighting back.

IMO they are committing a crime by attempting to defraud you of fees they are not entitled to. I think it might come under s2 and s4 of the Fraud Act 2006, so if you pursue that avenue, once you have paid them, get a new thread going and be sure to let me know! There are plenty of people with more knowledge than I when it comes to such things... and plenty of people who seem to enjoy it as well!!!:D

Hi Just checked him out..he is reg with Rossies but it runs out/expires on 24th this month??