ROSSENDALES (proud to be profesionals)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He will have renewal in the pipeline then - just pay the first and second visit fees those being £24.50 and £18.00 - pay them to the council along with the liability order amount and then get a letter sent to the head of revenue at your council asking them to investigate their agents illegal behaviour for which they are responsible.

Adding a copy of the letter asking for £100 fees will give them enough proof it has happened.

No Prob I understand, thanks for pushing me in the right direction, it will hurt tho cos ave got mates fiddling system and dont have the crap we / I do, and they get there bills paid etc, but that's another story.

It's a way of life for some people, sometimes by choice, sometimes by ignorance/head in sand/etc.

Glad to have helped. You could even pop my cherry, and tip my scales, as that has never happened lol.

Good luck mate, I think you are making the right decision - just dont let him tell ya you have to pay his £100 fees. Just the ones I highlighted above. And get a receipt as well, I would put nothing past these buggers.

• Haha 2

pay the council direct not the bailiff otherwise not all of it might get to the council and the liability order will not be fully satisfied leaving them the chance of coming back again.

Pay the order + the fees to the council and the council will pass on what it sees fit

pay the council direct not the bailiff otherwise not all of it might get to the council and the liability order will not be fully satisfied leaving them the chance of coming back again.

Pay the order + the fees to the council and the council will pass on what it sees fit

Hi

Ok I will pay the council as you say, should I ask them to seperate the bailiffs fee's ( £24.50 and £18.00) and give me a receipt, then I can write to Rossies with the photocopie receips along with a nice letter as you advise.

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I would pay the council online or use the 24 hour payment line otherwise if you send cheques you may find your council return them and ask you to pay the bailiff direct. This will also give you an instant receipt either via email confirmation or transaction number over the phone.

Once you've paid online send your letter to the council complaining about their agents illegal activity and that depite this behaviour you have paid the fees prescribed in law and the council should pay this money onto their agents. You are also requesting an explanation and apology from the head of revenues as to why they are permitting their agents to act illegally whilst on council business.

Copy the exact letter to Rossendales with the heading For Information Only.

Put the onus on the council to apologise and explain.

If you know what you actually owe the council then yes pay them the full amount owed to them (mind I've noted people that have paid by cheque and had them returned uncashed, the online option means they have to take the payment although they can return it, I've not seen any post stating they have).

Bailiffs from what I've gleaned from others in similar positions on this forum shows that even once the original liability is paid to the council doesn't mean they won't still turn up. However it does mean there sway is considerably lessened. You can then contact for the full break down of legal and truthful costs to the bailiff. In that it would be wise to include the receipt for payment for council tax as proof that amount is no longer owing and if they want to dispute that matter they need to contact the council. You can then work on getting the fees that are owed (1st/2nd in your case) paid up and done with and get rid of the bailiffs off your back.

I noted there was an instance where the bailiffs then tried to claim they still had powers in a post on here once someone had paid the council in full, but rest assured they don't so it will all be hot air if they threaten to levy items etc once you've got to that point.

I would pay the council online or use the 24 hour payment line otherwise if you send cheques you may find your council return them and ask you to pay the bailiff direct. This will also give you an instant receipt either via email confirmation or transaction number over the phone.

Once you've paid online send your letter to the council complaining about their agents illegal activity and that depite this behaviour you have paid the fees prescribed in law and the council should pay this money onto their agents. You are also requesting an explanation and apology from the head of revenues as to why they are permitting their agents to act illegally whilst on council business.

Copy the exact letter to Rossendales with the heading For Information Only.

Put the onus on the council to apologise and explain.

Hi andie

So I pay online in full with bailiff charges, get reciept, print then send letter and reciept to bailiff's office ( Rossies)?

Mr W

If you know what you actually owe the council then yes pay them the full amount owed to them (mind I've noted people that have paid by cheque and had them returned uncashed, the online option means they have to take the payment although they can return it, I've not seen any post stating they have).

Bailiffs from what I've gleaned from others in similar positions on this forum shows that even once the original liability is paid to the council doesn't mean they won't still turn up. However it does mean there sway is considerably lessened. You can then contact for the full break down of legal and truthful costs to the bailiff. In that it would be wise to include the receipt for payment for council tax as proof that amount is no longer owing and if they want to dispute that matter they need to contact the council. You can then work on getting the fees that are owed (1st/2nd in your case) paid up and done with and get rid of the bailiffs off your back.

I noted there was an instance where the bailiffs then tried to claim they still had powers in a post on here once someone had paid the council in full, but rest assured they don't so it will all be hot air if they threaten to levy items etc once you've got to that point.

Are you saying not to include the bailiffs costs? at this time? is that not prolonging the enevitable?

Cheers

Mr W

yes pay online with bailiff charges - print of the email receipt then send a letter TO THE COUNCIL and COPY IN Rossendales - Rossendales won't give a fig about your complaint until they see that it has gone to the council - even then they might not bat an eyelid but your council should know what they are doing

yes pay online with bailiff charges - print of the email receipt then send a letter TO THE COUNCIL and COPY IN Rossendales - Rossendales won't give a fig about your complaint until they see that it has gone to the council - even then they might not bat an eyelid but your council should know what they are doing

Great I shall do that.

Cheers

Mr W

Not saying not to pay the bailiffs charges but either way you'll have a fight, cos until the council give the fees to the bailiffs (more likely to refund you and get you to pay them as its your liability not theirs), or until you pay them the fees still are applicable.

The council themselves haven't charged the fees the bailiffs have and you'll have to push them to pay the bailiffs, the bailiffs at the same time won't receive that money until the council deem fit to do so and they're not the quickest off the mark. Me personally atm in my situation from my council know full well it would be at least three weeks before they even read a letter as I'm waiting for a response from the 1st September. That means if they don't instantly give Rossendales there payment which I doubt they will (not out of mean-ness, just because your a low priority to the council once they have there money), you could still have Rossendales chasing you for what they want, and as far as they're concerned (rossendales) they won't leave it til the council admit they owe them the money of which you'll only be receiving a receipt to state you paid council tax owing, or that you paid x amount for council tax on x date.

If its Rossendales and you've worked out the fees for 1st/2nd visit, then theres nothing to stop you paying only the fees online to them and then the council their amount seperately.

Which ever way you do it, you still need to be 100% sure the fees incurred on your account are only those that you've stated (1st and 2nd) can also do that online on the Rossendales website if you go to the section for pay now. You don't need to register or pay, but it gives you a small insight into what fee's they'll be expecting from you.

Soz don't want to confuse you more, but thinking of my dealings with Rossendales recently and of course the council I'm dealing with, I wouldn't want you to put yourself in a position where you've done the right thing but still being chased and have a whole new fight on your hands and aren't prepared for it ;)

Not saying not to pay the bailiffs charges but either way you'll have a fight, cos until the council give the fees to the bailiffs (more likely to refund you and get you to pay them as its your liability not theirs), or until you pay them the fees still are applicable.

The council themselves haven't charged the fees the bailiffs have and you'll have to push them to pay the bailiffs, the bailiffs at the same time won't receive that money until the council deem fit to do so and they're not the quickest off the mark. Me personally atm in my situation from my council know full well it would be at least three weeks before they even read a letter as I'm waiting for a response from the 1st September. That means if they don't instantly give Rossendales there payment which I doubt they will (not out of mean-ness, just because your a low priority to the council once they have there money), you could still have Rossendales chasing you for what they want, and as far as they're concerned (rossendales) they won't leave it til the council admit they owe them the money of which you'll only be receiving a receipt to state you paid council tax owing, or that you paid x amount for council tax on x date.

If its Rossendales and you've worked out the fees for 1st/2nd visit, then theres nothing to stop you paying only the fees online to them and then the council their amount seperately.

Which ever way you do it, you still need to be 100% sure the fees incurred on your account are only those that you've stated (1st and 2nd) can also do that online on the Rossendales website if you go to the section for pay now. You don't need to register or pay, but it gives you a small insight into what fee's they'll be expecting from you.

Soz don't want to confuse you more, but thinking of my dealings with Rossendales recently and of course the council I'm dealing with, I wouldn't want you to put yourself in a position where you've done the right thing but still being chased and have a whole new fight on your hands and aren't prepared for it ;)

WOW

I think you have rattled this topic for the right reasons though, I will pay council what they want and pay the bailiff what is deemed to be correct re his two visits, direct to the Rossies site, do you think they will get balshy if say I pay his 2 visits even though he has asked for £100.00.

and can they not take any more monies from my acc once they have my details.

Cheers

Mr W

Once the council have been paid in full, ie the amount on the liability then it becomes satisfied and the liability order becomes nullifed.

The bailiffs are howevver still entitled to their fees although if you told them to *'#+ off then it would be a CIVIL matter as they have no powers once a LO is satisfied. I would personally pay the council the amount owed online and then send a cheque for £42.50 along with as letter to the baliffs to bring closure to the account otherwise it just drags on and on.

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

and can they not take any more monies from my acc once they have my details.

Simple answer is that I do no know, other may have more of an idea. If they do take extra monies, do a Charge Back on your credit card - which will please Rossendales no end, I am sure.

Send Rossies a cheque for the £24.50 and £18 (or maybe even the full amount?), and pay the balance to the Council. The Liability Order is then discharged in full, and keep the receipts.

I'm off for a swim, and not onlince tonight (footy) so I will add anything extra that I can tomorrow.

FX

Once the council have been paid in full, ie the amount on the liability then it becomes satisfied and the liability order becomes nullifed.

The bailiffs are howevver still entitled to their fees although if you told them to *'#+ off then it would be a CIVIL matter as they have no powers once a LO is satisfied. I would personally pay the council the amount owed online and then send a cheque for £42.50 along with as letter to the baliffs to bring closure to the account otherwise it just drags on and on.

Hi Slim

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have a cheque book, I am getting a little confused now...I will pay the council direct, then ask the bailiff for a breakdown of his charges, which I already know..or should I make payment direct to Rossies then write to them outlining my payment??

nope I paid Rossendales £50 online as a gesture of goodwill and to show I was willing to pay my debt at £50 a month, I've got my MP fighting my corner and asking the head of revenues to take this back. I've explained to them that if they don't I'll never pay there debt off as they keep added unjust charges and the £50 I pay will never even get to the council.

I know slightly different but the principal is the same. Anyways Rossendales have taken no further payment from me as I've not given them the details its been done by an external means of online payment. You should of course write to Rossendales and state you've paid the council, give proof of that (receipt) and state you've paid their fees (get a screen print from your pc or at the very least note the receipt reference number).

If they attempt to take any monies from your account after that its fraud, because you've stated the amount to be taken no more no less ;)

Simple answer is that I do no know, other may have more of an idea. If they do take extra monies, do a Charge Back on your credit card - which will please Rossendales no end, I am sure.

Send Rossies a cheque for the £24.50 and £18 (or maybe even the full amount?), and pay the balance to the Council. The Liability Order is then discharged in full, and keep the receipts.

I'm off for a swim, and not onlince tonight (footy) so I will add anything extra that I can tomorrow.

FX

Cheers..what footy you watching then?

nope I paid Rossendales £50 online as a gesture of goodwill and to show I was willing to pay my debt at £50 a month, I've got my MP fighting my corner and asking the head of revenues to take this back. I've explained to them that if they don't I'll never pay there debt off as they keep added unjust charges and the £50 I pay will never even get to the council.

I know slightly different but the principal is the same. Anyways Rossendales have taken no further payment from me as I've not given them the details its been done by an external means of online payment. You should of course write to Rossendales and state you've paid the council, give proof of that (receipt) and state you've paid their fees (get a screen print from your pc or at the very least note the receipt reference number).

If they attempt to take any monies from your account after that its fraud, because you've stated the amount to be taken no more no less ;)

Thanks for your reply ...o m g ..I think that I will send their fee's reg post along with a letter inside. ??

If you go online to rossendales and go to the payment section you will need both the council refernce normally eight digits and the rossendales reference. Have a look at what they say you owe, if its the liability amount and the £42.50 (1st and 2nd visits) and that is all they have you showing as owind then you might as well pay it online to them and be done with it. They are legally entitled to those charges and if they havent taken the p*** and put more on then just get it over and done with.

Then write them a letter to confirm that its done and dusted and all debtors are satisified.

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

If you go online to rossendales and go to the payment section you will need both the council refernce normally eight digits and the rossendales reference. Have a look at what they say you owe, if its the liability amount and the £42.50 (1st and 2nd visits) and that is all they have you showing as owind then you might as well pay it online to them and be done with it. They are legally entitled to those charges and if they havent taken the p*** and put more on then just get it over and done with.

Then write them a letter to confirm that its done and dusted and all debtors are satisified.

Cheers

I will do that .

Ta

Mr W