style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone else getting a lot of spiders in their houses???

Ive had at least one a night for the last week.. 2 yesterday... not small either, bloody huge.... really freaking me out:shock:

Sitting here with my feet up on chair

x

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ll have to get a cat, my dog is useless .... totally disinterested... hubby uses pint glass and paper to catch them (really are that big).. me and kids screaming... and puts them down the bottom of the garden...

Us to:confused:

We had 2 overgrown tarantulas last night. I've noticed this happens every year as the Summer is ending and the climate changes. The rain will inevitably draw them inside as well. My family are scared stiff of spiders so it is up to me to get rid of them. I hate them myself, but I can pluck the courage to pick them up and put them outside.

I threw the last one out last night and shut the door, 5 minutes later there was a knock at the door and this tarantula said "What was that for":p.

Getting bigger every year they are.

Arachnophobia:eek:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

The two that came in last night, I could have just put on a saddle and rode them out:D.

I do pick them up though, and try not to squash them in my hands. You can feel them trying to wriggle out which is not very nice.

But after all, they are all Gods creatures.;)

If you've ever been fishing and kept your bait in your mouth to keep it nice and warm ;) you should try it with spiders... whole new experience.

On a lighter note, according to statistics you will swallow approx 4 spiders in your sleep during your lifetime...

Sweet dreams... :)

I personally think fortnightly bin collection = more flies = more spiders.

Flies are a problem as they do spread diseases, so I will do my best to rescue spiders from the dog or the missus, and put them safe outside :p

We do have one spider that lives inside the wing mirror of the car, and daily it puts a web up between the mirror and the side window. I think it likes the idea of trawling!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I was right about this time of year. It appears they are just looking for a mate though.

Giant house spider - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

250px-Tegenaria_gigantea.jpg

Edited by Rooster-UK
Copyright image removed.

I love spiders... they're really cool creatures...:)

Its flies I can't stand... zubbing around, sitting on your food and vomiting on it crashing into windows and mirrors ... spiders get my vote just for catching those bar stewards...

Wouldn't dream of killing 'em..:mad:

Hats off to spiders... the bigger the better... besides they have lungs too so you can get them birthday cakes with candles on..

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I love spiders... they're really cool creatures...:)

Its flies I can't stand... zubbing around, sitting on your food and vomiting on it crashing into windows and mirrors ... spiders get my vote just for catching those bar stewards...

Wouldn't dream of killing 'em..:mad:

Hats off to spiders... the bigger the better... besides they have lungs too so you can get them birthday cakes with candles on..

:D

Have to agree with you entirely on the point of flies, dirty disease-ridden creatures. We had to have our poor rabbit put to sleep a few years ago because of them and I hate them with a passion.

But i think I must have had some sort of trauma as a child with spiders because the fear is very real (although very amusing to OH). I get a bit annoyed with myself when the spider has been removed and the 'threat' is gone but I just can't seem to help how I react.

And I knew someone would put a flippin' picture of one up :(

I put conckers on the window ledge and it seems to work at keeping them at bay.........not sure if it is just a myth but it works for me :D

Don't you mean BONKERS?:D

I saw something about spiders on the telly the other day. Apparently it is mating season for them. They will nest inside and breed as it is warmer and safer for them.

Later on they will go back outside when the weather improves.

So your starter for 10..... How many 'babies' will the average spider have in YOUR house?:eek:

a couple of months ago I was baby sitting, one of my grand daughters came into the front room and told me there was a spider in her room. I said I would deal with it and walked bravely into her room. I asked her where it was, she said it was behind the bean bag. I picked up the bean bag not expecting anything to be there, I nearly collapsed when the biggest spider I have ever seen in my life was sat there looking at me. I had to get rid of it as I had told her there was nothing to be scared of. I covered it up with a plastic pot put some cardboard underneath it and carried outside. Said grand daughter was full of praise and admiration, if only she had know I was quaking in my boots!

we get loads of spiders in my house, mostly harvest spiders, the ones with really creepy long legs, i hoover them up, the other day i hoovered all the spiders in the house and then hoovered up some stomes in attempt to kill the spiders in the hoover. sounds cruel but teach them for squatting in my house. still made my oh empty the hoover though coz i didnt want any of them to still be alive and get me

I don't mind small spiders or tarantulas, I just don't like the big Georges.....orrible' long legs and all....They don't last long though once our 2 cats spot them.

It's Daddy Long Legs that I really hate..spiders with wings..yuk..oh and bloomin' flying ants...This is making my skin crawl...:eek:

I really don't understand why people dislike spiders so much.... they do a wonderful job catching disease spreading flies...

Now slugs are a different matter... don't get me started on those good for nothing creatures :mad:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"