Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

144 Excellent

About farmlama

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Are you saying that you do not take the breaks, but they deduct the hours regardless? For the hours you are saying you work, you should be taking breaks
  2. Quick question, but from reading this, I get the impression that you have not had the body works carried out, is this correct? if you have an estimate but not had the works carried out, then you have not yet sustained this loss yet and it may be questioned why you didn’t get it repaired in the last two years and that as so long has passed that it does not really need any repair. If the estimate is from a main dealer, it is likely that a local garage would also be able to repair for a much lower price too so if you was to get it repaired, your loss may be much less than previously t
  3. But if you decided to use a rental for a few months, that is not the fault of the caravan park and the pitch will still be available for you. If you are not happy with the settlement as you feel they are not offering enough to cover the like for like replacement of a used caravan and all the additional costs such as removal of the old one, then you need to address that with your insurers.
  4. Can you not buy a used caravan though as the settlement should cover that. Your caravan was used so the insurance won’t pay for a new one, but you should be paid wnough to get a like for like old one and you can ask if they would cover costs to instal. But the pitch is still available for you to use, so you have not lost that and won’t be entitled to a refund
  5. If the caravan has been written off, have you not been given a settlement cheque to buy another. So you can get a new caravan to use on the pitch. If you decide against getting a new caravan and using the pitch, then that is your choice and neither the insurance company or caravan park owe you anything if you have been paid the funds to get a replacement and the pitch is available for you to use as it is your choice not to use it as nobody is preventing you from using it.
  6. When you get a replacement caravan, can you not have it on the same pitch and therefore you will still have use of it?? You cannot claim any losses from the park that get settled by your insurers as the loss will no longer be yours. If your insurance company want to try and recover from the park then they can try.
  7. I used to work as a tree officer for a local Authority, I now work as an insurance officer at a different local Authority. Firstly the issue with the tree tree is not that it wasn’t planted deep enough, trees are planted as little saplings and pretty much all have a similar size root ball at that time and will be planted to the same sort of depth, as they grow the root system forms and usually different types of tree will have a different root formation, certain types of tree are known for having surface roots that will crack pathways etc, cherry trees are quite bad fo
  8. I just wanted to update on this for anyone interested that may have experienced similar. following the kind advice about the European consumer files on denied boarding, I decided to issue proceedings. initially I contacted bracers easyJet to go through their complaints procedure, their initial response was to blame Luton airport on the short gate announcement time. i then made complaint to Luton airport who advised they had followed EasyJet’s instructions on the timeframe to announce the gates. I returned to easyJet with my complaint and they admitted that it was t
  9. A high hedge would mean two or more coniferous trees and therefore high hedges legislation would apply. A row of trees can be regarded as a hedge regardless of height
  10. Also we do not know what council we are speaking about so it is unclear if the council housing is a separate entity. Take for example the bourough council where I live (I am also in a council house). About 10 years ago the housing section formed into a private company that was separate from the council itself, however for whatever reason the private company didn’t work and the services then were taken back over by the council, and so where I live, the council and the landlord are one and the same, this however would not change their position on responsibility for a private tree. I
  11. But the trees are not the councils property to deal with, they are the neighbors property. If the op was private renting, you wouldn’t expect the private landlord to cut down someone else’s trees and it’s no different because the council are the landlord. Yes the council have responsibilities for their property, but these trees aren’t their property so you seem to be providing misleading advice here about the social housing aspect. the councillor may have some sway to get the council to take enforcement action, but this will be nothing to do with it being a council house and
  12. Essentially while a council may in theory be able to enforce works, there is no legal duty for them to do so and most councils will not offer this service as they have such limited resources as it is and if they offer it to you, they will need to offer it to others with private disputes and it opens up a whole new can of worms. in addition, if they were to take enforcement action, this will be a complete separate department to the housing team and the status of your tenancy doesn’t come into it. the duty to ensure the tree is correctly maintained is on the tree owner an
  13. But if the trees are dangerous, that is an issue for you to take up with the owner of the trees. the council in their role as your landlord do not have any more power than a private landlord or private home owner would have to enforce another private owner to do something. thiis is a civil matter neighbor dispute, not a tenancy issue with the council.
  14. I feel that people are focusing too much on the OPs property being a council house and putting responsibility on the council to resolve this. imagine for a moment that the OPs house is privately owned, now what powers would they have to take action on the trees? Pretty much none without taking the tree owner to court right. Well as the trees are privately owned, that is the same power that the council have right now. the information with the £375 will be inline with high hedges legislation as this will be the only power the council will have and it is common for there t
  15. If your solicitor doesn’t see the claim as having a good chance of success then I would see that as a bad sign. is there a chance that you have misread the inspection reports and gotten confused to convince yourself that you should push this? councils will record minor defects to monitor them even when they aren’t requiring repair right then. Also are you sure that the defect recorded in may 2018 was the same and not a different one that was repaired? your accident happened in February when it’s not uncommon for potholes to open up or get larger because of f
  • Create New...