Totally Lost and In trouble. Debt Managers and Barclays

ashbash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

This is what happened:

Over the year this one girl made friends with and I really thought she was a very good friend we did a lot togethor, in my second year she said she had started a charity and needed to deposit money temporarily (ok I am a bimbo and thought nothing of it, by the way I am a girl) I thought nothing of it and said OK. Then she brought some guys in who she told me were working with her and they were the leaders.

To break it down:

They deposited the 5K then told me to go and withdraw it, so I did.

Sameday a little later they phoned me and said they had deposited another 5K and I had to go and withdraw it, i now know how stupid I was and naive I thought I was helping a friend, anyway I went to the bank closest to me a different branch and withdrew it.

Now it turned out they had not deposited the second amount but because the bank does not update its system until the following day the money still shows in your account I find it impossible to believe!!!but I know now because the police told me when I reported it.

The story is worse because they have credit cards on my name because they threatened me when I refused to co operate and I was so scared I did what they told me. I can't explain the dread I feel and how distraught I am.

Hi

The story is worse because they have credit cards on my name because they threatened me when I refused to co operate and I was so scared I did what they told me. I can't explain the dread I feel and how distraught I am.

How can they have credit cards in your name?? Have you cancelled these Ash??

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Ashbash,

There is no way a bank would let you take out cash against money that isn't there.

If I paid in a cheque from a client into my company account and went to any bank with a company cheque trying to get cash over the counter they would not give it to me. However, if I paid in cash in say, Manchester, and went to a bank in Liverpool three hours later with that company cheque they would let me have the cash (subject obviously to the usual security checks and in any case I'd be withdrawing cash at a bank where they knew me).

Cash withdrawals go straight out of the account IMMEDIATELY. If the first £5,000 had gone and the second £5,000 had not been paid in the bank would not have let you withdraw these funds.

If the bank let you have the funds in these circumstances they are at fault. Anyway, what did you do with the £5,000 you withdrew?

Then report her to the police. This is serious.

Ash has already done that I believe Daniella...see post 7...news not good though...

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Ashbash- you say these people deposited £5000 in your account, but you havents said how- was it cash or a cheque?

How much did you have in your account before this happened?

have already asked how it was deposited as there must be some trail with this money, however ash hasnt responded to this question

If it was by a bouncy cheque, ashbash would have had the cheque returned to her and so would be able to chase the account holder for the amount which bounced.

If it was cash, well- that would have been credited to her account straight away and so wouldnt have caused her any bother (assuming she didnt draw on her account herself, thus putting her into overdraft when she withdrew the £5000 for her dodgy friends.

Edited by noomill060

We don't really know what happened here and we are not getting any answers. A sum of £5000 was deposited and withdrawn - fine. Cash is deducted by a bank from an account balance immediately. So how was a second £5000 withdrawn without a deposit?????

I suspect this is one of the many variants of the fake cheque fraud that's been doing the rounds for a few years:

Advance-fee fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really don't think there is anything that suspicious about this case. The question is what is the best way of assisting Ashbash?

I suspect this is one of the many variants of the fake cheque fraud that's been doing the rounds for a few years:

Advance-fee fraud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I really don't think there is anything that suspicious about this case. The question is what is the best way of assisting Ashbash?

You cant put a cheque and draw on it straight away.....

I also doubt wheather you can with 5k on one day with no notice and then draw another 5k with no raised eyebrows or system warnings. Sorry but this story doesnt add up at all.

I realise people have said ive come on this board recently and if i hadnt got anything better to say then "troll" then keep quiet

But this is a troll,... plain and simple

Hi

This is what happened:

Over the year this one girl made friends with and I really thought she was a very good friend we did a lot togethor, in my second year she said she had started a charity and needed to deposit money temporarily (ok I am a bimbo and thought nothing of it, by the way I am a girl) I thought nothing of it and said OK. Then she brought some guys in who she told me were working with her and they were the leaders.

To break it down:

They deposited the 5K then told me to go and withdraw it, so I did.

Sameday a little later they phoned me and said they had deposited another 5K and I had to go and withdraw it, i now know how stupid I was and naive I thought I was helping a friend, anyway I went to the bank closest to me a different branch and withdrew it.

Now it turned out they had not deposited the second amount but because the bank does not update its system until the following day the money still shows in your account I find it impossible to believe!!!but I know now because the police told me when I reported it.

I find that impossible to believe. Which bank are you with?

I agree re the "impossibility" of this. Whenever I have tried to take out money it is becoming more and more onerous. HSBC now REQUIRES one to have a chequebook in your possession when withdrawing from your HSBC account at their counter - even if you have a passport or other acceptable ID.

I have never withdrawn £5,000 (or even a sum approaching that amount) but I just find it hard to believe a bank would let such sums come in/out of the account like that. Maybe if a business with a history of payments and receipts of that size. But not a student.

What is the "correct definition" of a "Troll"? (Forgive my ignorance). My sense it is someone who is not who they pretend to me, who uses the forum to mislead and/or obtain information not consistent with the forum's purpose. That said, while I think I know what it means, I may not be right, so the "proper definiton" would be appreciated

Huff&Puff, your first post abvoe is a 2006 article. Banks have done an awful lot of work to improve clearing speeds recently and many now clear within 2 hours.

I don't think the OP is a troll but I do believe they have been given a load of flannel to cover over a mistake by the bank. Thats why I'm intrigued to know which bank it is.

Hi Welshmam,

I did see that it had been reported to the police, but wasn't certain if Ashbash had given them all the details of this girl/these people, for example where they live, what the charity is about. If she did and the police say they know about them then why aren't they doing anything about it? They would "know about them" if they have done it before (probably several times) and what they are doing through a third party is obtaining money by deception which is a criminal offence. There must be some evidence to prosecute them if they are habitual criminals. Apart from anything else there must be a record of the (first and only) deposit being paid in on the CCTV. These things are all timed.

I don't think this has anything to do with clearing cheques. Ashbash quite clearly says the second deposit wasn't made so why would the bank part with £5,000?