Think i done a boo boo :(

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't bother to contact capquest, there's nothing they can do at the moment as you are disputing the debt.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca to the original creditor.

Tell Capquest you want a statement of account for the past 9 years, remind them that they have to prove that there isn't a 5 year gap in payments. ;)

ok printed that out and off to post office in a short while :)

thank you for all your help so far (and local knowledge lol).

edited to have this checked! have changed 77 for 78 in both sentances is that right?

Re:− Account/Reference Number 22811367

This letter is a formal request pursuant to s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit. You are reminded that should you fail to comply with my request, the provisions of s.78(6) will apply.

If it is your view that you are not the creditor, s.175 of the CCA 1974 applies in the case of a simple assignment, and places a duty upon you to pass this request to the creditor. In the case of an absolute assignment, you are a creditor as defined by s.189. If you contend that you purchased the rights but not the duties of any agreement, you are reminded that s.189 of the Act is clear that an assignment is of both rights and duties.

Your attention is drawn to ss.5(2), 3(b),6 and 7 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (CPUTR).

I enclose a postal order in the sum of £1.00, which is the statutory fee. Note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

If you are unable to comply fully and properly with this request, you should confirm this in writing at the earliest opportunity, and certainly within the statutory time limit for compliance, and return the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Edited by tugmistress

ok had a reply today

Dear Mrs XXXX

our client : littlewoods finance company limited

ac no XXXXXXX

balance £498.32

we thank you for your correspondance and respond as follows

we can confirm that the last payment made to this account was on 3rd august 09. therefore under the limitations act 1980 this account is not statute barred, as a period of five years or more has not passed.

Payment is now due in full. Please contact us on XXXXX to arrange immediate repayments

ok they obviously didn't read the letter right so what do i write back please?

help :(

Dear Cretins

If you had read my letter correctly you would realise that I didnt mention the Limitation Act 1980 as it doesnt apply here in Scotland.

I referred you to The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6. This debt had been extinguished prior to me being browbeaten into making any payment to you.

yours etc

oooh could i really get away with sending that one word for word do you wonder? lol i'd love to!

caithness.org rules!

lo tug

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

have you sent off the cca request? if not send it, don't sign it and don't discuss anything over the phone if they ring you.

i've sent off what i posted a couple of posts above :)

caithness.org rules!

lo tug

dx

lol you're right there, LO dx :)

• 2 weeks later...

all total bull by the looks of things

i take it , it did not have your sig anywhere?

now, how is the sar going - did it get posted?

if you get pestered, i'd write saying you make no payments between xxx & xxx so they can bug off.

just because they conned you into paying an old debt, it does restart the clock under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX :)

i posted whatever was put on here :)

if i signed anything it was the original back in 1997 (according to their letter, i can't remember!)

i did recieve a letter earlier this week just saying that the account was on hold for 28 days while they found the information.

in todays mail ( the photo's above) there is no letter heading or anything from capquest - are these the same people?

and i take it you meant to type does NOT in your last sentence?

:D Save your £10, send Capquest this instead http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter and if they provide an enforceable agreement I'll bare my ass in the church of St Leonard in Beeford. :D

I'm glad I don't have to do the above, it's windy up there. :D

windy, it been raining solid now for 20hrs

oh and sri my not key was U/S.

correctly spotted

the sar would be useful, there nust be heaps of charges and p'haps ppi that has been mis-sold awaiting a reclaim?

dx

and they

The letter's fine. I never bother filling in the details in a PO in case they send it back....you can reuse it then. ;)

Send it recorded delivery and don't sign the request.

never thought of that have useless ones from moorcroft, (2) and IQOR and wescot god i've wasted 4 pound odd?

I'm glad I don't have to do the above, it's windy up there. :D

haha i would have been willing to take photo's though ;)

windy, it been raining solid now for 20hrs

oh and sri my not key was U/S.

correctly spotted

the sar would be useful, there nust be heaps of charges and p'haps ppi that has been mis-sold awaiting a reclaim?

dx

well from what i remember of the original phone call off them the actual balance i owed was about £100, but with interest it added up to just over £500, i don't think i'll get anything back but i'll send off a combination of the SAR and the 'get stuffed it ain't enforceable' and see what comes back :)

really appreciating the help guys - i'm finally starting to get a life :)