True Call

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4742 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

True Call on dragons den now

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Truecall's sound, just bought one myself :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Not so sure andy choose to refuse costs me £4 a mth so in a bit of time it will pay for its self it also blocks 500 numbers where as choose to refuse only blocks 10.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

There's a good bit about it written by Steven4064 here..........

The Consumer Forums - TrueCall digital telephone recorder - the Rolls Royce of call recorders

Thanks Scott i have read that im just waiting now for funds to be available then i will get one though CAG of course.

PF

I've not got mine yet, but looks the bees knees :)

Hi,

I just sat down and watched a recording of Dragon's Den, interesting to note that the Dragons saw the merit in the device and were fighting to invest in it!

Seems to me that the financial companies, the DCAs and other low lifes have met their nemisis! Oh how I wish I had a device like this a year or so ago!

See a newspaper article here

Exclusive: Dragons' Den tycoons fight over inventor's nuisance phone call 'zapper' - mirror.co.uk

Great that bankfodder saw its merits before it went on dragons den though

PF

Agreed,

Without a landline phone number to harrass, the threat monkeys will be impotent....and out of a job!

Just caught up with Dragons Den on iPlayer, if anyone has any doubts about the power of this device they should really watch Dragons Den.

I bought True Call a few months ago, as said before it really is the bees knees, it has stopped dca's in their tracks, how I love Zapping their calls (without even answering their call) knowing that once their number is added to the Zap list they will NEVER get through. :lol:

Even if you did want to talk to a threat monkey, all you need do is press one button, at anytime, and the call is recorded to memory disc from THE BEGINING OF THE CALL (this wasnt mentioned on Dragons Den)

These units should be available on the NHS, my blood pressure has dropped since we bought ours. :cool:

Beachy

• 2 weeks later...
Bought one myself..... Cabot still phone my at least 2-3 times per day, but my phone never rings !!! Great stuff. I can now enjoy a lie in on a Sunday without them calling me :-)

Next step is the memory card for recording calls.

Pete_the_Postman,

Are you aware that you can get the memory card from CAG and its free.

You will need to contact Bankfodder, and arrange to send a copy of the invoice and in return you'll get a free memory card with no P&P to pay, I got my memory card this way.

Be lost without True Call - absolutely brilliant piece of kit!

Regards

Beachy

• Haha 1

If one of the mods can get Bankfodder to clear some space in his inbox please.

I'm about to purchase a Truecall unit and wish to take up the CAG on their excellent offer, but need to advise BF first according to the advert. His inbox is full.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

Lloyds - Settled for an undisclosed sum.:D

Hi, RichardM.

E-Mail the chap :)

[email protected]

I've not had a dodgy phone call since I got mine working :)

Well apart from the Mother-in-law getting through :D

Regards.

Scott.

• 3 months later...

Has anybody else who has bought one of these, had any reliability issues with it?

I've had one in use for less than a month. I returned home to find the phone line dead, and the True Call unit rapidly alternating between its front Red and Green LED's.

Resetting the unit by cycling the power made no difference, the only way I could get the phone back was to bypass the unit and plug the phone back in the main socket.

True Call support, stated that its a 'software fault' and the unit needs to be returned. I'm a little disappointed given its price tag that its not managed to survive in use for longer than a month.

Just wondering whether its a widespread issue or whether the unit has just taken an intense dislike to me :).

I think, like everything, the price tag does not necessarily ensure reliability. After all, if nothing went wrong on anything costing over £100, there would be a fair few garages out of business for a start.

I had a set-up problem with the first unit sent to me, which was believed to be in the connection from the unit to the phone. In fairness to truecall, they dispatched a replacement unit the same day and asked me to return the original unit, providing a pre-paid label in with the replacement.

That was five months ago now and I have not had any problems with the replacement unit at all. I have googled "truecall+problems" a couple of times since I purchased it, just to see if any flags had been raised. Usually a google search like that will find any complaints for a product, but there are surprisingly few for Truecall.

MBNA - Agreed to refund £970 in full without conditions. Cheque received Sat 5th Aug.:D

• 3 weeks later...

I would love one of these but £97 is too much considering how much they cost to make That said why do we need one, the fact is ofcom are not doing enough to stop companies harassing you at home Many times when you find out who it is you them have to find a number because 9 times out of 10 they may just say who they are when you ring back not how to get yourself off there list I get repeated calls from British gas every 2 weeks this happens, I told them upteen times now not to ring me I dont want my boiler serving I got a plumber in family that can do that I rarely give my number out or tick boxes to get marketing calls. I am ex directory for a reason harassment from companies

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I've just ordered one too. :)

Sick to the back teeth of Withheld and International numbers bugging me a few times a day - not answering the phone is the only option, but I still need to look at the Caller ID to see who is phoning and the phone isn't always near me.

Truecall will hopefully intercept and eliminate all unwanted calls, and so do it without even disturbing me. :)

No hopefully about it. I can guarantee that it will eliminate them all. I have not had a single call that I have not wanted to take since getting my unit back in August last year.

Just make sure that you set up your account with the numbers of folks that you would expect to ring and let the system do the rest. I do tend to warn anyone that I give my number to that if they ring they will find the phone system unusual, but when they've used it once, they normally ask where they can get the system themselves.

The recording card is worth getting as well. It's amazing how different a conversation with utilities companies etc can be when they know that every word they say is being recorded your end as well. No hiding behind lost recordings any more.

• 2 months later...