Channel 4 Dispatches to air debt collection exposé

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"In fact the Panorama did have an effect. I know it & other matters helped convince the government NOT to enact that part of the Bill allowing DCA's the right to break & enter private homes for civil debts"

Well I am very glad about that and happy to be incorrect on that point.

Hello all - will unfortunately be working when this airs but recording equipment up and ready to go. Much respect to Suzie and others for their very brave involvment.

To the guests -

if you are genuinely in distress or need of quality support and advice to help you deal with your debt problems in a balanced and realistic way (pretty much the opposite to the approach of any DCA) then you have found somewhere that likeminded people with much experience will help you reach your goal (along with CCCS, nationaldebtline and payplan). AT THE SAME time the folks on here will help you take the myriad of firms (and in fairness not just the DCAs) that are at best shady and at worst law breaking in their dealings with you to task..... they are also capable of some serious humour along the way! ;)

To the guests from the DCA industry - the vast majority of us want to pay back what is legally and legitimately owed so this much we have in common. Sadly most of you (and the companies you "purchased" the debt from) do not start from this point and hence we have the reality of the DCA industry today.....

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Hello all - will unfortunately be working when this airs but recording equipment up and ready to go. Much respect to Suzie and others for their very brave involvment.

To the guests -

if you are genuinely in distress or need of quality support and advice to help you deal with your debt problems in a balanced and realistic way (pretty much the opposite to the approach of any DCA) then you have found somewhere that likeminded people with much experience will help you reach your goal (along with CCCS, nationaldebtline and payplan). AT THE SAME time the folks on here will help you take the myriad of firms (and in fairness not just the DCAs) that are at best shady and at worst law breaking in their dealings with you to task..... they are also capable of some serious humour along the way! ;)

To the guests from the DCA industry - the vast majority of us want to pay back what is legally and legitimately owed so this much we have in common. Sadly most of you (and the companies you "purchased" the debt from) do not start from this point and hence we have the reality of the DCA industry today.....

Well said..;)Rainbow_Mexican_Wave_1_by_alexs2602.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Well, the latest post on Dispatches - Undercover Debt Collector - Channel 4 by JON gives an insight into the mind of a DCA.....oh yes.....and educational standards. :rolleyes:

You've got to hand it to him poor boy...Must have taken him an hour to type all that out :lol::lol::lol:

I was particularly impressed with his vocabulary for a pre pubescant thug :rolleyes:

Oh dear, some "clever" DCA seems to have taken Babybears name in vain.

I very much doubt that comment came from our BB!

I just saw that!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1. BABYBEAR on 20 July 2009 at 15:34
    If you stop paying your creditor without warning and then refuse to make a reduced plan they will sell the debt. So what? Personally I found debt collection companies more courteous than the banks! Most debtors are not the vulnerable, they simply do not want to change their lifestyle that they know now they cannot afford. Finally, I find the debt forums to simply exist to discuss ways to avoid paying your debts, irresponsible or what? The Consumer Action Group is appalling, they think debt avoidance is to be admired!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BABYBEAR on 20 July 2009 at 15:34

If you stop paying your creditor without warning and then refuse to make a reduced plan they will sell the debt. So what? Personally I found debt collection companies more courteous than the banks! Most debtors are not the vulnerable, they simply do not want to change their lifestyle that they know now they cannot afford. Finally, I find the debt forums to simply exist to discuss ways to avoid paying your debts, irresponsible or what? The Consumer Action Group is appalling, they think debt avoidance is to be admired!

:rolleyes:

Where is this published? :mad:

Naughty CAGGERS standing up for your legal and civil rights!!:grin:

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks