The Rankines have had their MOJ license cancelled today:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Was bound to happen eventually :rolleyes:

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Explain to a thickie the precise implications of this please? :confused:

It means the Rankines will have to go out and get a proper job now :D

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Me being a Thickie too... and being a relatively new member of the forum so not really 'informed' about Rankine, other than that their court antics have caused havoc for us consumers... were they actually trading as a CMC and have they now had their licence revoked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

No idea if they own it!

If their "cash cow" has gone, then even if they do then it probably won't be for long. ;-)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I'm sure they would need a consumer credit license though.

Oh wait.

Not according to the letter they displayed on their site from OFT which said what they proposed didn't come under their remit...............

Guess there's no one to over see them now apart from maybe PC Plod

Ok i hate to sound thick or blonde but jusy what is a MOJ license?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I suspect they will blend back into the ranks of the Debt Industry from whence they probably came originally.

The mess they caused was just too handy.

Put another way, if they were sent out to cause havoc for Consumers, what more could they have done to make things any worse? I think they did exactly what they wanted to do: make a big fuss, lose badly, set a Precedent or three.

Oh look, that's what happened.

The big question remains: were they well financed by you-know-which-industry behind the scenes?

Cheers,

BRW

hiya all

my gut feeling is the same as BRW,,,, i wonder could it all have been for a bit of unsettling news,,,, i mean bring doubt into peoples minds,,, but as a cag member i now know id rather stick with you guys then believe what is reported outside,,,, sometimes i fall down but i bring myself back to reality once im logged back in onto cag

bless all you who have helped me in the past and continue to help others

you are truely what matters in all this madness we all face

have a sunny day all, laters angel x:-)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Not according to the letter they displayed on their site from OFT which said what they proposed didn't come under their remit...............

Guess there's no one to over see them now apart from maybe PC Plod

Sadly, i cant say too much on this topic, however, what i can say and know from my own knowledge and not second hand, is that, the purchase of debt and also the debt adjusting practices that are carried out by the Rankines are licenceable activities. i also klnow that the OFT is looking into their practices with a view to legal action for carrying out licenceable activities without a licence.

I have been in contact closely with Birmingham City Coiuncil Trading Standards so i am aware of whats happening;)

thanks for the input pt. Iam sure as soon as this matter is cleared up it will come to light what they have been up to.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Forgive my ignorance but I am in court tomorrow would anything re Rankines cases & this lic being revoked be something I should be armed to know ready? Have Restons on my back? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/185814-court-papers-help-required.html

Have been looking at another thread too in preperation in case this may get applied in my instance http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/208173-having-rankine-american-express.html

Any thoughts???

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Forgive my ignorance but I am in court tomorrow would anything re Rankines cases & this lic being revoked be something I should be armed to know ready? Have Restons on my back? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/185814-court-papers-help-required.html

Have been looking at another thread too in preperation in case this may get applied in my instance http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/208173-having-rankine-american-express.html

Any thoughts???

To be honest I don't think that it actually affects the Judgment at all

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

To be honest I don't think that it actually affects the Judgment at all

Okey doh IGNM.....always glad to be forewarned on any tips off I may have to come back on where possible cheers

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate