You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• Is that your name on the Lloyd's Pharmacy label? If it is, I suggest you use a program like Paint to obscure it.   You should be able to upload a file with multiple pdf files if you read our guide - click on the word upload.   HB
    • Ok so the charging order or restriction remains in force, no time limit.   I'm back now to finding a CS who understands that the restriction merely requires them to notify the council AFTER the house has been sold [as per post no. 17] and can explain that to the buyer's solicitor so the buyers are reassured and proceed with the sale. I can then pursue the case with the council when they receive notification of the sale as no doubt that will fire up the case again after being dormant for so long.   If anyone can recommend a CS they've used before in similar circumstances or one they know has experience of this I'd be grateful. Thanks
    • Well it seems slamdunk to me. Not only that but they refer specifically to the original order and that they ask you to sign and "amended order". The only other explanation is maybe they have received it from you. Could that be a possibility? I think I would initially drop them an informal line – by email and by letter saying that despite the amended order which you agree to on XXX date, you now see that the money which has been paid out you has had the full £850 deducted. With a please explain why this has happened and why the terms of the amended order you understood had been agreed had not been. Suggest that you send that after them immediately and will see what comes back. Maybe it is simply some misunderstanding and there is no point jumping the gun and started to issue threats if there is some innocent explanation. It certainly sounds a bit strange  
    • Hi i have attachd photos and the letter also there are 18 questions   1.Do you uderstand the caution? "you do not have to say(or write), anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court, anyrthing you do say may be given in evidence.   2. please sate your full name and address   what is your occupation and how long have you held this position.   what is the name of your employer the company you own?   3. please give your full account of how waste that contained correspondence addressed to you was found to be fly tipped material depositiied it then shows a map.   4. did you produce the controlled waste, shown in KM2 - KM6 below, deposited on the named road.   KM2 I have never seen before in my life KM3 is not a clear picture i cannot say i recognise or dont recognise these objects.   5. if not, do you no who produced the waste shown in photographs KM2 - KM6 depositied ---- if so please state there name and address.     6. did you deposit the waste, shown in photographs.   7. if the awnser is yes to question 6, please state why and the date you depositied the waste.   8.if the awnser was yes to question 6, did you ask permission to deposit the waste there? if so please give details of person or company.   9. if you did not depsoit the waste shown in photographs KM2 - KM6, depositied (name of road) do you know who did? please state name, address.   10. have you organised or paid to have any waste removed?   11. if the awnser to question 10 is yes, do you recognise any of this waste in photographs KM2 - KM6 pkease state photograph numbers.   12. if you asked or employed a third party to remove or organise and manage removal of waste, please state details name address etc. as well as a written agreement.   13. if you trannsgerred waste to a third party please state on what date, how i found the individuals and when i contacted them.   14. if you did employ or ask someone to remove the waste produced by you, did you check to see if they were a licensed waste carrier with the enviroment agency.   15. if you transferred waste to a third party describe the vechile used to transport the waste away.   16 uf you transferred waste to a third party please describe the persons involved.   17. did you do everything you now believe to be reasonable actions in the circumstances to make sure that any waste produced by you was transferred to a authorised person or registered waste carrier? please list actions taken, what else could you have done to check?   18. is there anything else you wish to add.     I have trid to upload files direct to this website but it said error 200   https://docdro.id/gnI3oBJ   https://docdro.id/BsMEPgn   https://docdro.id/i70Eu9U   https://docdro.id/gOhhUVe   Sorry i pressed something my keyboard and it sent
    • Thank you for that. I can't see any photos though, maybe you're working on that.   HB
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
sequenci

The Rankines have had their MOJ license cancelled today:

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4005 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am truly saddened by the news.............................NOT! :D

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Was bound to happen eventually :rolleyes:

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Explain to a thickie the precise implications of this please? :confused:

Explain to a thickie the precise implications of this please? :confused:

It means the Rankines will have to go out and get a proper job now :D

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Me being a Thickie too... and being a relatively new member of the forum so not really 'informed' about Rankine, other than that their court antics have caused havoc for us consumers... were they actually trading as a CMC and have they now had their licence revoked?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Oh yes. Even came on here a while back and tried to tout for business on the strength of his miraculous "sealed judgment".

CAGgers soon saw him off, though. :-D

When they first started off, they weren't registerd with the ICO as Data Controllers!

How Sad that the MOJ cancelled their licence; comment made whilst sardonic smurk on face.

AC

I might take a drive up to their house later and yell 'HA HA' out of a megaphone.

They only live up the road.

They still have a house? :shock:

No idea if they own it!

No idea if they own it!

If their "cash cow" has gone, then even if they do then it probably won't be for long. ;-)

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Thought they had said they didn't need to be MOJ registered for the selling debts sc..? Probaqbly decided not to pay the fees to renew their registration lol!:roll:

A house, built on sticks and/or straw?

AC

Thought they had said they didn't need to be MOJ registered for the selling debts sc..? Probaqbly decided not to pay the fees to renew their registration lol!:roll:

I'm sure they would need a consumer credit license though.

Oh wait.

I'm sure they would need a consumer credit license though.

Oh wait.

Not according to the letter they displayed on their site from OFT which said what they proposed didn't come under their remit...............

Guess there's no one to over see them now apart from maybe PC Plod

Ok i hate to sound thick or blonde but jusy what is a MOJ license?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Ok i hate to sound thick or blonde but jusy what is a MOJ license?

Legal authorization to offer certain types of claims management services.

CMR: Claims Management Regulation

[SIZE=2][COLOR=SeaGreen][FONT=Verdana][URL="http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/"][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I suspect they will blend back into the ranks of the Debt Industry from whence they probably came originally.

The mess they caused was just too handy.

Put another way, if they were sent out to cause havoc for Consumers, what more could they have done to make things any worse? I think they did exactly what they wanted to do: make a big fuss, lose badly, set a Precedent or three.

Oh look, that's what happened.

The big question remains: were they well financed by you-know-which-industry behind the scenes?

Cheers,

BRW

hiya all

my gut feeling is the same as BRW,,,, i wonder could it all have been for a bit of unsettling news,,,, i mean bring doubt into peoples minds,,, but as a cag member i now know id rather stick with you guys then believe what is reported outside,,,, sometimes i fall down but i bring myself back to reality once im logged back in onto cag

bless all you who have helped me in the past and continue to help others

you are truely what matters in all this madness we all face

have a sunny day all, laters angel x:-)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Not according to the letter they displayed on their site from OFT which said what they proposed didn't come under their remit...............

Guess there's no one to over see them now apart from maybe PC Plod

Sadly, i cant say too much on this topic, however, what i can say and know from my own knowledge and not second hand, is that, the purchase of debt and also the debt adjusting practices that are carried out by the Rankines are licenceable activities. i also klnow that the OFT is looking into their practices with a view to legal action for carrying out licenceable activities without a licence.

I have been in contact closely with Birmingham City Coiuncil Trading Standards so i am aware of whats happening;)

thanks for the input pt. Iam sure as soon as this matter is cleared up it will come to light what they have been up to.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Forgive my ignorance but I am in court tomorrow would anything re Rankines cases & this lic being revoked be something I should be armed to know ready? Have Restons on my back? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/185814-court-papers-help-required.html

Have been looking at another thread too in preperation in case this may get applied in my instance http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/208173-having-rankine-american-express.html

Any thoughts???

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

Forgive my ignorance but I am in court tomorrow would anything re Rankines cases & this lic being revoked be something I should be armed to know ready? Have Restons on my back? http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/185814-court-papers-help-required.html

Have been looking at another thread too in preperation in case this may get applied in my instance http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/208173-having-rankine-american-express.html

Any thoughts???

To be honest I don't think that it actually affects the Judgment at all

If I've helped feel free to add to my reputation.

I am not a Practising Lawyer. My comments are my opinion only. You should not rely upon those comments and should always take your own professional advice from a practising Solicitor or Barrister

To be honest I don't think that it actually affects the Judgment at all

Okey doh IGNM.....always glad to be forewarned on any tips off I may have to come back on where possible cheers

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate