JSA - Income vs Contribution based

andydd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hiya all

how did this all work out for you all?

hope it was good news for you all

im due to see job centre for my 13 weeks interview but now im going to start a thread for me for my concerns will link up here in a bit

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/262171-contribution-based-jsa-got.html

cheers angel x

Edited by angel_1

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi, This is strange to get a reply today as my son got a letter yesterday after a month of waiting for a written reply, this answer is the same "NO" he cannot get help with mortgage coz of being on jsa cont based, a letter has also arrived to say they are now stopping his bennifits as he has been on jsa for 6 months !!!!! maybe now he can get jsa income based and SMI :confused::mad: There was no way they were putting him on jsa income based after 13 weeks , even though he has NO money what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi, This is strange to get a reply today as my son got a letter yesterday after a month of waiting for a written reply, this answer is the same "NO" he cannot get help with mortgage coz of being on jsa cont based, a letter has also arrived to say they are now stopping his bennifits as he has been on jsa for 6 months !!!!! maybe now he can get jsa income based and SMI :confused::mad: There was no way they were putting him on jsa income based after 13 weeks , even though he has NO money what so ever !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi. The way it works is (I think), people who become unemployed will be eligible for JSA-CB according to how much NI theyve paid in previous year(s). As long as you have paid NI then there is no eligibility criteria like JSA-IB, however if you are on JSA-CB and you apply for SMI, then SMI is based on certain eligibility criteria (similar to/same as JSA-IB), so you could in theory be refused, if this is the case you can find out why (savings, partner who is earning, etc) and appeal.

The letter claiming he cannot get SMI as he is on JSA-CB is wrong, I clearly got it, and so have many others.

It sounds like whilst your son is eligible for JSA-CB, he isnt eligible for JSA-IB or SMI (which is IB), this may be a mistake and needs working out.

I went from JSA-CB (and received SMi at 13 weeks) to JSA-IB quite seemlessly.

Andy

Thanks Andy, im just so sick of it all now to be honest, my son aged 25 was made redundant got a little redundancy money which went to pay his mortgage, he has his own house on his own, he has no savings what so ever , no partner,and soon to have no house !!! i just hope now he had done 6months on jsa cont. he can now go on IB and get some help or he will be in the ****, his mortgage lender have frozen for now but thats about to end so gos knows what he will do then , cheers :(

Hi just a quick addition - hope this helps....

make sure your son applys for JSA(IB) as they do not always just change the benefits automatically - in my experience you always have to fill in a JSA(3) to change the benefits over .

the first indication that the benefits havent changed over is when yur son would next go to sign on and they state "your claim is closed" and oh boy what a rigmarole it then becomes.

hope it all works out for him - i was in the same position myself and eventually had to find work via a tempin agency just to pay the mortgage

trishbeaker is right about completing a JSA3 to change over the benefit, it never changes over automatically, but the claim doesn't close if the payments stop. As long as you continue to sign the claim will continue - it's only the payments that stop.

trishbeaker is right about completing a JSA3 to change over the benefit, it never changes over automatically, but the claim doesn't close if the payments stop. As long as you continue to sign the claim will continue - it's only the payments that stop.

Mine changed over automatically, maybe I was just lucky !

Yes, andydd, you definitely were. :)

:). Although at the crossover time (6-months), I had a 'meeting' along with about 6 others with some job center staff went through various options and we all had a quick 1-to-1, so perhaps the CB to IB part was sorted out then, thus I didnt need to complete a seperate form.

This 'meeting' was the usual job center waste of time, with the exception of the fact they helped me start (and paid for) an IT Course (A+), at my local college.

Andy

cheers everone , im soooo P***** off with all of this im gettin my local MP and a solicitor involved , my son had letter saying they no longer are paying him jsa or his nat ins !!!!!!!!!!!, he filled in form for IB so lets see, he has NO MONEY FOR GODS SAKE , wake up WIGAN are they the only ones that know chuff all !!!!! about to lose his house , his dignity, his life ... how he would love to be employed.... should he change his nationality ..... mabe he will get some where .... angry p***** off and :mad:

• 1 month later...

just to let you know my son was awarded JSA IB after 6 months , just as he go a job !!! its only with an agency and no contract as yet but he is working and earning , its with Ranstad and at Heinz food factory , he did a fork lift driving course and got this temp job , just hope it can become perm.... no thanks to Wigan job centre , but they did give him £100 for finding a job :rolleyes: many thanks to everyone and hope all goes well xx