ON Contribution based jsa got 13 week interview what happens pls

angel_1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

have been on job seekers contribution based allowance and due for my 13 week interview

what happens can anyone guide me pls,

also i read on another link info ref mortgage interest possibly being paid but my partner works full time and thus i wonder if we wouldnt get any help even though our house income has dropped a lot with me losing my job

past few weeks im become a bit low its really quite dis heartening when you call or write and you dont get a reply back:(

been checking on sites and papers and job centre

not sure what i have to show or what will be asked of me at the interview, never ever been in this position before and first time unemployed

cheers for your help and guidance

angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi angel.

The 13 week review is a more in-depth look at your jobsearch. They will ask you what you have been doing to find work (bring evidence if you feel it would help), and they will go over your current JSAg (Jobseeker's agreement) with you.

When a person first claims JSA they can restrict their jobsearch for the first 13 weeks. Hours, location, type of work, type of contract sought etc. However, after 13 weeks, a person has to expand their jobsearch, thus "lifting" the restrictions - if a person had initially restricted their jobsearch. This will be discussed with you and you will likely be asked to sign a new JSAg to reflect the changes being made to your jobsearch. If your jobsearch has never been restriced, your JSAg will not be altered much, if at all though you may still be asked to sign a new one.

In regard to the SMI (Support for mortgage interest), this is only applicable if your claim would satisfy the conditions for income based JSA had you not qualified for JSA ©. So, if your partner earns above the threshold for JSA (IB), you would not qualify for SMI.

• Haha 1

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Thanks Erika

your explanation is fully clearer for me now, having read lots of info, i was a tad confussed but i had thought with hubby working we wouldnt get mortgage help and thus i just need to concentrate on getting work or get new training too so will let you know after tomorrow for others to understand too

do i need to take in my cv - my pc crashed ended up with a new one and a lot of my letters were in a file which i thought id backed up on a stick and now that dont work me and pcs just dont get on:mad:

i m doing a free spreadsheet course which im hoping can let me do this computer driving course in sept which understand will give me higher qualifications in all info tech

anyway go in and re ask for help im guessing life is too short to worry too much about it,

have a fun day all cheers again angel x:)

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D