A new tactic?......08456021111

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just had a phone call from a number that I didn't recognise. Typed it in to whocalls me and it says its comes up with BT sms service. There are pages of complaints and briefly reading through noticed a DCAs' name mentioned (Muck Hall), so out of curiosity I rang the number and lo and behold ...it was a message from Calders (Sharklycard).

Anyone else had this happen? According to the complaints on that site people are receiving calls all hours of the day and night.

I've never heard of this BT service until now and wonder how much they charge? My biggest thought is if the DCAs can tell if the message has been listened to?

You can control the times of these texts or put a stop to them by ringing the BT automated service on freephone 0800 5875 252. Listen to the menu and select the appropriate option from 1,2,3,4 and 5. The last option will turn them off all together.

Hope this is helpful xx

I had a phone call from Lowells at work the other day to my office phone,that fortunately only I have access, to but when anyone phones and asks for me by name obviously have to say 'yes,speaking' so can't avoid the call.

When he said who it was I asked ' Is this a business call or personal' - cheeky sod said business and could I answer security questions,at that point I put the phone down but a few minutes later I got a BT text message on the same line so I guess it was Lowell,sadly works phone doesn't have caller display or 1471 so I couldn't check who it was.

i had one to my vm landline, claiming to be from vm and need to call them urgently.

Being that ive been behind with my bill for almost 6 months now (vm have been extremely good, and helpful, and havent cut me off at all, note to dca's guess who ill pay back first?)

i called them on the 150 number and told them of the message and phone number it had left. He told me he would pass it up the chain for possible fraud investigations.

question everything!

are they really allowed to phone you at work!! I guess all and sundry will soon find out about my financial situation when work secretaries take their calls soon then.

MBNA have been ringing my old employers even though i've been left 2 years. A girl I used to work with alerted me to this x

• 1 year later...

Lowells. will try to phone you all the time. Best thing to do is get a samsung phone; block there number when it comes up it gets dropped straight away...p*** the off. I went to open an account at sharclays, i was rejected straight after this vist , Shararclays what the money so there straight in contact with a dept collection such as lowells. If they send txt message to your phone use the above if with BT and drop txts to landlines. Wehn they chase you, the reason is that the 6yr period is comming to a close, after this period if they have no luck in getting hold of you . They can't do nothing...Paracites thats what this world contains, keep your money from them. Don't reply to them and don't let them get to you...waste there time.

Edited by nothing for us

• 8 months later...

I eventually got Talktalk to give me this number. The "Christmas Greetings"call I got from it, mechanical-voiced and quite malevolent sounding, could apparently be connected to MoneySavingExperet.com, to which I subscribe.

I'll be letting them know exactly how I feel about making unauthorised calls to my home, especially on Christmas Day.:-x

We took the plunge a couple of months ago and dropped our BT line for a Virgin line (in both ways!) it's stopped the calls dead as we have a new number.

I feel sorry for those who gave work numbers out, then hit finical problems as this is very embarrassing.

Just a thought that it's often better to drop your number for a clean start...

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk

thread closed was 2yrs old!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...