Mackenzie Hall. Do any of you know of them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im so pleased that I found this site. I wont pretend I wasnt worried, but when I received that letter I thought, bet you wish youd accepted those payments now.

[edited]

Proper answer. Here is a message for all our friends in the Kilmarnock Threat Centre

Edited by jonni2bad

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok who do i bill for a new keyboard and monitor?

ODC or Dannyboy660?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

same ere. Company just dont want to play by the rules do they?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I blame Alexander Fleming. He discovered Penicillin, the cure for all ills, yet he failed to wipe out some the worst bacteria which were only just down the road in Kilmarnock.

When dealing with MH, especially if you are unlucky enough to get them on the 'phone, there's quite a simple technique. Stay with the Burns theme, but introduce that fine actor John Laurie probably best known to many as Private Frazer in Dad's Army.

Now, get a picture of him in your mind talking to you on a candlestick telephone, and hear his voice in your mind saying :-

"if ya din'nae pay oor bill by this time next Tuesday,

you'll become wee sleekit, cowerin, timourous beastie..."

MH. "Look, if you don't take this more seriously, you're in serious danger of losing your house.....

You. "Aye, ....and it's a WIIIIIILLLLDDDD an' lonely, place....."

Click.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

That other famous Scottish literary giant Mr William Connolly had an excellent expresion which would be a suitable reply to MH or the sleeping partners in Leeds

'' GETTYFAHYABASSA''

ok all have decided to send an invoice to MH. WHats the chance of them paying up?

Slim - but you could send them repeat letters, adding interest and charges and making vague threats of legal action until they respond. Then you can turn round and tell them - "well that's what you do!"

how about i call them regarding the debt?

After all it is what they do.

Does anyone know the name of one of the directors?

how about i call them regarding the debt?

After all it is what they do.

Does anyone know the name of one of the directors?

Gary Jones - Lancashire

Paul McKenzie - Lanarkshire

Janice King - Lanarkshire. :D Go get em !

hi odc just to say thankyou to u and all the people who have giving me some brilliant sound advice over the last couple of months i think muppet hall backsides have caved in over a status barred loan they were chasing me over over the last couple of weeks they have been leaving automated messages abd sending me the same garbage letters legal action etc so last week i sent them the cca letter i give them 10 days to reply to it they replied in 7 days the letter was very nice they bascially told me that if the do not recieve the cca within 28 days from the original lender to send to me yeh they would be closing the case and i would hear no more from them

loony tune

hi odc just to say thankyou to u and all the people who have giving me some brilliant sound advice over the last couple of months i think muppet hall backsides have caved in over a status barred loan they were chasing me over over the last couple of weeks they have been leaving automated messages abd sending me the same garbage letters legal action etc so last week i sent them the cca letter i give them 10 days to reply to it they replied in 7 days the letter was very nice they bascially told me that if the do not recieve the cca within 28 days from the original lender to send to me yeh they would be closing the case and i would hear no more from them

loony tune

That's a standard response from Mac Hall, they know that either the debt is Statute Barred, or that they have no hope of getting the agreement. I had the same response of them when I did my CCA after advising them it was Statute Barred.

I've now turned the tables by telling them I have concrete evidence that payments were made after it became Statute Barred and advised them that I will report them to the Police under the Fraud Act 2006, plus discrepancies under the Companies Act, plus failure to produce a CCA and that any letter or phonecall will result in an invoice to them. Cheque, mate. :D

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

I'm guessing that they will give up and attempt to pass it back to their clients. At this point, if any other party gets involved you would need to send them the bog off letter, as your outstanding S78 CCA request is still with Mac Hall.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam

Your ref:

I refer to a letter from [new creditor] dated *******, the contents of which are noted.

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with [Mackenzie Hall] and has been since ******. Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998.

My last letter from [Mackenzie Hall] was ****** advising that they are still waiting for paperwork pertaining to my S78 request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As [Mackenzie Hall] are now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request and OFT Collection Guidelines, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default enforcement action is NOT permitted, under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to [Mackenzie Hall] for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as [new creditor] cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If [new creditor] chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to your response in writing.

Yours faithfully

I would also be tempted to send Mac Hall a letter advising them of their transgressions, and report them to your Trading Standards, and theirs in East Ayrshire (they're well aware of who they are). If there is any question about whether the claim is Statute Barred I would be tempted to do S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) on the original creditor to find out default dates... then you can tell Mac Hall in no uncertain terms that they can go away.

At this point I would also serve them with a Section 10 notice under the Data Protection Act preventing them passing your personal data to any other party, as the claim is not lawful under the Limitations Act 1980.

The above is some of the things I've done in dealing with them, but do what you think is right for you. Some may suggest that you wait until they make their next move.

ftolad v. Lowell - Statute Barred letter - * WON *

ftolad v. Scotcall - CCA'd, no agreement - * WON *

ftolad v. Mac Hall:

Still ongoing, official complaints procedure requested - 14 days to comply before TS, OFT and FOS.

All thanks to advice from CAG. :)

No. While the matter is in dispute - the defaulted cca puts it into this category - MHall are not allowed to take any enforcement action at all and this includes passing it onto someone else.

There's a short go away note on this thread, just go back a few entries, and send it to the new collector (who is it anyway? one of MHall's subsidiaries perhaps?) telling them chasing you for a disputed debt will just get them into trouble too.

Then write to MHall and tell them the matter is still in dispute, tell them to stop processing your data and to send you their excellent complaints procedure. Make a complaint and if they fail to do so or resolve your complaint take it to the FOS.

hi nailpost bit of advice what to do about this one or are muppet hall just total loonys did a cca on them gets a reply back from them in writing at my new address stating that my account is on hold until they get a cca back of original lender thursday morning they send me a automated txs at work didnt even give my name just to contact them thursday afternoon another automated txs to my old address asking this time by name again to contact them so these idiots are writing to me at my new address but phoning me at my old address ??????? why do they want me to contact them when account is on hold any advice what to do about this one especally getting phone calls at work

Don't phone them. Write, stating that you will not allowed to accept telephone calls at work and to remove that number from their database immediately. That you will only respond in writing and will not accept telephone calls. Once the Agreement has been received you will contact them accordingly, but not until they have satisfied the requirements under the Consumer Credit Act. Take no crap from these people, they ignore just about everything, prepare to copy your letters to the OFT. The account is in dispute until they provide this.

In your letter tio MacHall ask for their complaints procedure - they do have one now and very impressive it looks too with monthly bored (no spelling mistake) meetings to discuss complaints. Once they send it to you lodge a complaint. The principal "offence" is the lack of a credit agreement which has been requested and not provided. Without that they cannot do anything but they are continuing to chase you. They have eight weeks to confirm in writing they are a) closing the file b) removing your details from their database and c) offering you compensation for distress. If they don't you ramp up the complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman. They know that could cost them £400 and more so they would be amenable to a quick settlement.

In addition to the FOS you should report the cretins to OFT and East Ayrshire TS. They are prone to doing the square root of sodall in relation to MHall but every complaint lodged is a further nail in their coffin.

I complained to East Ayrshire and the OFT again about MH and ,y post re Mertitforce their Doorstep collection dept. Alan Stewart is on hols but he is meeting with MH to discuss my complant any others that are e mailed to him. OFT reply was standard I will maybe post it, but they did say that they take the issuing of Credit licences seriously and any breaches would result in the licence being revoked. So get those complaints in now:p

Im learning more every day :)

i dont mean to be funny but i have complained to TS and the oft regarding 2 years worth of harrassement for a friend and they have officially said they are going to do nowt.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks