Beachy v Barclaycard/Mercers take 2

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Beachy,

Never heard of buying a Business a/c, or any a/c for that matter. Sounds like a bad idea to me though.

Have you read the "Defaulted on a disputed account" link to the left of each post.

Down here

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Slick (longtime no hear), still in deadlock with barclaycard.

Looks like my credit file is well and truly screwed, tried another high street bank yesterday and got rejected even though I made it quite clear that I do not want credit borrowing on a business account, 1 creditor has issued a default even though the account has been in dispute since last November (no cca), a couple others have registered defaults even tho' we are in a payment plan with them.

Found on the internet several companies that can get bank accounts (including business accounts) for people with adverse credit, some charge up to £149 returnable if unable to succeed one claims 98.9% succees rate, obviously cant put a link on the forum, but search for adverse credit business accounts will bring them all up.

Beachy

Maybe tempting fate here but I've not heard from any of them for several weeks now and although I'm pleased, it's also a little unnerving as they haven't advanced the fight or thrown in the towel.

Maybe tempting fate here but I've not heard from any of them for several weeks now and although I'm pleased, it's also a little unnerving as they haven't advanced the fight or thrown in the towel.

Hi MrMT

Yes! i know the feeling! i am like that with my crap one account.Not a murmur lately!Beggining to miss the experince of shouting communication in writing please phone battles!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Wish i could say the same about BC though! Thye keep leaving messages on my answer phoone and still trying to contact me at work in spite of my telephone harresement letter they should have got by now!:mad:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

I just received my BC response to my CCA request! Just the usual crap of ts and cs and no signed documents!In my case they were very quick! I sent my CCA request last week and got the response this week,Going by other peoples experiences i thought i would have to wait several weeks to a few months! So im honoured! Dont know if it is a good or bad sign they responded so quickly and are still very aggressive with their phone calls! as i thought in a lot of cases once they recieved a cca request and telephone harrasement letter the calls going by other peoples remarks sometimes get a lot less!

Edited by sunflower99

Ive also staterd my own BC thread now called just received a response to my Barclaycard CCA request!

Edited by sunflower99

Wish i could say the same about BC though! Thye keep leaving messages on my answer phoone and still trying to contact me at work in spite of my telephone harresement letter they should have got by now!:mad:

Hi Sunflower, Everytime I tell'em they have not complied to my cca request I get ................. Another set of T&C's.

As for phones dropping off after telling them - your joking, since THEY went into dispute by not compling we have logged over 600 calls since end of Oct '08 from them & mercers.

Beachy

Bit of an update

Up until last nite 597 calls from barclaycard/mercers inspite of countless letters telling them the account is now in dispute due to them failing to supply me with my copy of cca (all sent recorded) already had 4 calls this morning so now have gone thro' the 600) - all logged date time & number & all blocked so they are wasting their time in ringing.

If I dont bring the account up to date immediately they 'may' start proceedings & obtain a charging order on our property, contact my employer and have an attachment to earnings or employ a local dca to call and collect the money - even though they have failed to provide my copy of the cca.

Beachy scores his first reclaim victory

Sent off prelim. letter last week & just received letter back from Barclaycard :-

'We feel our charges are fair, but as a gesture of goodwill and without liability we will refund the full amount + the 8% interest as stated in your letter' (£236).

Not a great amount but encouragement to carry on the fight with others. :D

Beachy

Excellent result Beachy !!

CONGRATULATIONS :D

Does this still leave a balance owing and are you still pursuing the Credit Agreement.

Title changed to WON. :)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hiya Slick,

Thanks, a small victory I know but boosts my confidence to 'persue' others.

Still doesnt clear the balance but ppi reclaim is next with this one, wont be as easy I'm sure as intend to add compound interest this time.

Haven't given up on the cca request by any means, just done my complaint to the ICO with regards to my sar.

Beachy :cool:

Sounds like you've got them on the run- now keep kicking them!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hi Sunflower, Everytime I tell'em they have not complied to my cca request I get ................. Another set of T&C's.

As for phones dropping off after telling them - your joking, since THEY went into dispute by not compling we have logged over 600 calls since end of Oct '08 from them & mercers.

Beachy

Hi Beachy!

sorry i got confused and called you Muffintop! LOL i thought i was on her thread on that occasion! You must think me nuts! LOL i am subscribing to quite a few Barclayshark threads! and got a bit mixed up! Yes Barclayshark and their inhouse collection house Mercers do love the telephone! and constantly getting their silly robot.i am logging calls of my answering machine in case i decide to report them! i just got a default notice from Mercers ! So looks like Barclayshark passed me onto to Mercers nice of them to tell me!The silly games they do play as Mercers is still Barclaysharks!:roll:,The only thing is i am now not sure where to send my second letter telling Barclaycard in polite terms that thay have responded to my CCA request with bog paper!to their 1234 pavillion way Barclayshark address where i sent first lettter too or whether i should send it to Mercers?

Hi Beachy! Ive deleted Muffintops name from those posts ! LOL

Just to update the thread (I'am still alive)

No matter what I write to Barclays/Barclaycard EVERYTHING gets ignored.

This account charges reclaim ignored, cca ignored 4 letters & non compliance to SAR 3 letters, their pretty good at phoning though! Approaching 700 since Nov. (dispute letter).

Complaint made to OFT & IMO

Barclayloan 3 ppi letters all ignored, acknowledged by local manager & customer service over the phone - both stated that ppi should nothave been sold, wont put it in writing tho'. Now 21 weeks since my initial letter.

Anyway thats where I stand at the moment - moan over time for full english brekkie before home.

Hi Beachy,

You must feel like the Invisible Man, where BC are concerned. :eek:

:)

Thank Slick - Yes it does feel like it at the moment, they were quiuck to refund charges but ignored this account, sent another letter concerning this one giving them seven days or its a court claim, if it goes that way I'll add contractual interest as well.

Not even started on the ppi on the two accounts, was hoping to get accounts from when the accounts were opened but think I'm gonna have give up on getting those statements - they begger belief, even without the missing statements theres about £2500 in ppi + interest on each card (dont know what their like regarding this?), is there a spreadsheet for reclaiming ppi?

Ta muchly

Beachy

Hi Beachy,

I'm embarrassed to say PPI is something I need to swot up on. Have you started a thread for this in the PPI forum.

It seems v strange that BC were able to provide info about, and refund on, the other a/c. What address are you using for this claim.

If you've totted up the a/c charges and they're ignoring your reclaim letter and subsequent LBA, file your claim for this at court with an up to date SOC.

You've waited long enough methinks. :mad:

It has now been 24 weeks since I sent my ppi reclaim letter to Barclays, not even a 'thank you for your letter' acknowledgement from them.

My local 'manager' told me (in front of OH) that I should not have been 'persueded' to take the ppi because of my self employment and acknowledged that I was a financial hardship case and by having the ppi charges returned would greatly improve our chances of getting back on our feet as the ppi charges would almost wipe out the balance of the loan - that was before Xmas.

January I phoned customer services and was told that my 'complaint' was in the system and that Barclays were refunding ppi payments as a matter of course, briefly discussing my circumstances I was again told that ppi should not have bben sold with the loan and that due to the circumstances we were in refunding the ppi, with interest, would wipe out the loan & probably Barclays would owe me -thus saving £300 a month which would help us greatly (wouldnt entertain lower payments). They wont put anything in writing though.

Iam at a loss as to what I can do, two letters ignored and 3 weeks ago I sent a formal complaint letter concering this and again totally ignored.

Considering they have 8 weeks to deal with this I think after 24 weeks without anything in writing is taking the 'P'.