• Tweets

• Blame Apple for completely changing how macOS apps needed to be written and verified overnight with Catalina.
    • Oh yeah... So there is. ..    Hopefully it won't try to upgrade 😂😂
    • There's the ability to download origin for macOS Mojave and older right on the EA Website. www.ea.com/origin-for-mac      
    • Hello All, I was hoping for some help with a  Claim Form received yesterday 15h May 2024.  I have read lots of threads but I just want to check what I am doing. I have acknowledged service noting my intention to defend all of the claim and I have left the contest jurisdiction un-checked. I will today/tomorrow issue a CCA request with a £1 postal order to the claimant and a CPR 31:14 to the solicitor.  For the CCA which section should I use? I am not sure which section Paypal Credit would come under. If the claim was issued on the 9th May am I correct with my defence filing date of the 11th June? Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks in advance   Which Court have you received the claim from ? Civil National Business Centre, Northampton Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio I Ltd How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self (just 1) Date of issue –  9th May 2024 Defence filing date: Tuesday 11th June?? Particulars of Claim What is the claim for  The claim is for the sum of £255.69 due by the Defendant under an agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 for a PayPal account with an account reference of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)  The Defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a Default Notice was served under s.87(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 which has not been complied with. The debt was legally assigned to the claimant on 15-09-21, notice of which has been given to the defendant. The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £0.00. The Claimant claims the sum of £255.69 What is the total value of the claim? £340.69 Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Yes Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Not applicable Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? PayPal credit account When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After April 2007  Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Yes, shows as defaulted.  Registered when it was bought by Lowell Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? Cant find a letter that say so Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  Not sure Why did you cease payments? Financial difficulties and mental health issues What was the date of your last payment? ? Mid 2019 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? No
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Beachy v Barclaycard/Mercers take 2

beachcomber60
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An advance on clay tablets then:grin:

I meant for me:p

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, got upgraded from slate to ink well & quill but found the girl in front of me's pony tail better :cool:

Remember the ink well well porcelain removable in a little sunken hole in the desktop. Removable meant it could actually be thrown, or catapulted on the end of a ruler:eek:

So I have heard:D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Latest update to my ongoing conflict with BC/Mercers is that I received a letter from P2C as they have been 'instructed' by their client - Mercers - to visit me at my home to discuss my account as mercers have lost contact with me (don't think so ! They've been told writing only - I've written to Mercers several times, not my fault they ignore everything).

Anyway, fired off a strongly worded fax to Mercers and as P2C intentionally leave telephone/fax numbers off their letters (I say intentionally because they only give 72 hours so it's impossible to contact them in time) I remember seeing an email addy for them on the forum so P2C got a strongly worded email as well, glad BC got a final letter from me yesterday under CPR 31.16.

Beachy

Latest update to my ongoing conflict with BC/Mercers is that I received a letter from P2C as they have been 'instructed' by their client - Mercers - to visit me at my home to discuss my account as mercers have lost contact with me (don't think so ! They've been told writing only - I've written to Mercers several times, not my fault they ignore everything).

Anyway, fired off a strongly worded fax to Mercers and as P2C intentionally leave telephone/fax numbers off their letters (I say intentionally because they only give 72 hours so it's impossible to contact them in time) I remember seeing an email addy for them on the forum so P2C got a strongly worded email as well, glad BC got a final letter from me yesterday under CPR 31.16.

Beachy

Hi Beachy!

Not another one!:rolleyes:Mercers do love sending nice visiters!Perhaps they wil send you a nice blonde like AA99 got!I also got a default Notice from Mercers! I did not bother sending them a letter at all ! as i had already sent a letter to Barclayshark 1234 pavillion way saying what they sent me in response to a cca request is not compliant.though i did send a copy of that letter to scotcall when they set them on me .I thought not to bother with sending anything to mercers but as Emme seem to think it a good thing to do perhaps i ought to send Mercers a letter saying that Barclaycard not complied with request properly!.I suppose we all have to play charades and humour Barclayshark that Mercers is another different more frightening different DCA! LOL:rolleyes:

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Morning SF,

If they do then we'll have to meet in secret - OH is always home :eek:

Long Blonde hair (female obviously), 20-25 yrs., high heels mmmmmm bit a PVC wouldn't go amiss ..........

STOP IT BEACHY - IT'S SUNDAY MORNING FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

Now where's my blood pressure tablets? :D

Morning SF,

Long Blonde hair (female obviously), 20-25 yrs., high heels mmmmmm bit a PVC wouldn't go amiss ..........

I'm ashamed to admit... that sight might just make me open the door:razz:

S.

Morning SF,

LOL!:D!:D:DWatch out Beachy!She might persuade you to part with all your wordly goods!:eek::eek::eek: and get you to agree not to give mercers any more trouble!:-o

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

:D

Gotta behave now - OH is in the room !

Tee hee - first words were ' have you taken your BP tablets yet?'

LOL!:DActually Beachy well done! You just reminded me that i should have taken my BP tablets!:)I am not vey good with tablets:-o

LOL!:DActually Beachy well done! You just reminded me that i should have taken my BP tablets!:)I am not vey good with tablets:-o

See - another benefit of being a CAG member :)

Last time I got my repeat prescription the Doc said 'never mind Beachy - just a few more months & you won't be charged for prescriptions - (WELL THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF MY AGE !) :(

Felt like saying shhhhhh don't tell the dcas or they'll want the money I'll be saving! :-x

See - another benefit of being a CAG member :)

Last time I got my repeat prescription the Doc said 'never mind Beachy - just a few more months & you won't be charged for prescriptions - (WELL THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF MY AGE !) :(

Felt like saying shhhhhh don't tell the dcas or they'll want the money I'll be saving! :-x

LOL!That was nice of your Doctor to remind you! that you soon will be eligble for three prescriptions.Doctors are so tactful arnt they!My doctor made me feeel good too!My weight had gone down a bit which i was quite proud and pleased with! The lovely doc said it was great my weight was going right direction but that i still had a long way to go!:shock:I thought thanks doc for reminding me that i had a long way to go ! berfore that i had been feeling quite pleased with myself! LOL ps Thanks again for reminding me to take blood pressure tablets this morning reading your post just reminded me again! to take them this morning!:)Yes Beachy keep quiet about free precriptions or the DCAs will be after the money you save on that:-o

:D

I'm normally welcomed by my Doctor with 'theres alittle more of Mr Beachy then there should be' - gee thanks doc!

Same here Beachy! Doctors! They always find something to nag us about! When i used the excuse to my doctor that i had not taken blood pressure tablets for several months because i had had trouble finding money for the prescriptions ! She told me that instead of enoying a few glasses of wine each week ! I ought to spend the money i spend on wine on a prepayment certificate for my blood pressure tablets! :shock:eeeeeeeeek What a choice wine or blood pressuere tablets!A few glasses of wine keep me sane!

Edited by sunflower99

Same here Beachy! Doctors! They always find something to nag us about! When i used the excuse to my doctor that i had not taken blood pressure tablets for several months because i had had trouble finding moeny for the prescriptions ! She told me that nstead of enoying a few glasses of wine each week ! I ought to spend the money i spend on wine on a prepayment certificate for my blood pressure tablets! :shock:eeeeeeeeek What a choice wine or blood pressuere tablets!A few glasses of wine keep me sane!

I'LL DRINK TO THAT ! :cool:

LOL! Still now im standing up to some of these these banks ! at least i can usually find some money to get my prescriptions now,Another thing to thank CAG for

Deeply saddened by Pompeys loss.

I fully understand that he wont be able to assist me as he is going to be busy supporting his Mum, Sister with their grieving & making arrangements.

Could I please ask if there is a simple contractual calculator for working out monthly ppi payments made.

I've sent hours looking thro' the various ppi threads today but cant find one to use - c/card monthly ppi payments.

Hello beachy,

So it was YOU ! ! !

Have admit guilty on occassions ;)

you might find something in here.

Interest calculation spreadsheets

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Ohhhhhh dear,

Sorting out paperwork today, went to file the P2C letter (no ones knocked on the door YET) and I'd take another read - missed it when it arrived - the letter has my name & address on it (well it would've coz it came through our letterbox) but it had some elses account number.

Beachy

Ohhhhhh dear,

Sorting out paperwork today, went to file the P2C letter (no ones knocked on the door YET) and I'd take another read - missed it when it arrived - the letter has my name & address on it (well it would've coz it came through our letterbox) but it had some elses account number.

Beachy

LOL!How organised of them!i think i saw a thread where Barclayshark had sent someone elses info to wrong person! ! Sounds like them!

Obviously P2C didn't like my letter as I got a nice red card from Mercers telling me that as they cant contact me by phone (too bl**y they can't!) they will be calling on the */* between 8am & 8pm.

I take it that mercers is just one person coz it states on the card 'I will be calling......'

They've already had the do not visit this 'englishmans castle' letter, any further advice peeps?

Obviously P2C didn't like my letter as I got a nice red card from Mercers telling me that as they cant contact me by phone (too bl**y they can't!) they will be calling on the */* between 8am & 8pm.

I take it that mercers is just one person coz it states on the card 'I will be calling......'

They've already had the do not visit this 'englishmans castle' letter, any further advice peeps?

I will be surprised if someone calls. But get the Bourbons and a letter saying "sling your hook" printed off, just in case.:)

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .