Im sorry but i will be scaling back my activites in the debt forums

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Note that all the members of the Site Team are users

Of course. Ya wanna spliff? :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol::lol::lol: yes please!

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Sorry......

110_F_10801474_tj7bXgtzy1D4x8ek1CRuhduUnGdNi9xR.jpg

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

OK then a glass of red will be perfect. :)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

I know how you feel, simple comments have been NOT APPROVED, makes my blood boil, sometimes I feel like just not bothering at all, why take the time and then get edited, or cagbot, jumping in.

I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I DONT NEED TO.....WE ARE BEGGIN

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

What are cagbots?

Check out the threads below for updates on the DCA's that I am dealing with.

GE Money/CL Finance/Howard Cohen & Co - AND - Aktiv Kapital/Appleton Massey Solicitors - IN COURT

Cabot x 2 for Vanquis & Hitatchi - DEFAULTED ON CCA REQUEST

Lowell for Capital One - CANCELLED DEBT!! Trying to get Default removed now

Moorcroft x 2 for Halifax Loan & Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Wescot for Halifax Bank Account - RETURNED TO HALIFAX

Cap Quest for Argos Card - RETURNED TO ARGOS

If a post is edited, moved or moderated in some way by any of the site team, the person who wrote the post gets an automatic PM to notify them. It could be that a thread needs moving from one forum to another for example. The PM shows as coming from a little robot known as CAGbot.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, but the site team needs to be careful to avoid any libellous comments as we can't afford the time or cost of court cases, and we make sure the rules of the site are adhered to.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I know how you feel, simple comments have been NOT APPROVED, makes my blood boil, sometimes I feel like just not bothering at all, why take the time and then get edited, or cagbot, jumping in.

I DON'T KNOW YOU, BUT I DONT NEED TO.....WE ARE BEGGIN

Being site team is no as easy as maybe they make us believe it is. It is a tough job. Behind the scenes site team have to deal with reported posts and means having to make a judgement call. I been there, got the t shirt etc.etc. albeit not on here. It is a tough job but the guidelines are in the rules and if something is posted that is interpreted as being an insult or could be seen as libellous then you have to err on the side of caution. It's never personal and it is never meant to be a slur on anyone's character. I am sure everyone has had a comment or comments unapproved. One person can interpret things in very different manners when something is written to someone else. We all got annoyed with site team from time to time(I do at times) but we have to understand that it is done for the best intentions.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

sometimes we need to remove posts which we even may think are true and correct etc but its got to be for the greater good of the forum, as there are many who would love to see the CAG fall

That's perfectly fair and reasonable, however there is a presentation problem in this.

I've been cagbotted on several occasions. One or two of these were, in my view justifiable, in retrospect (in my view one of the cagbots wasn't justifiable all). On quite a few occasions I have no idea what was 'wrong' with my post. I have on these occasions queried this with the site team and received back a big fat ... nothing.

CAG seems to jump through all sorts of hoops in order to avoid upsetting those who would see it die. It is difficult to understand why they don't expend a small proportion of that energy in encouraging those who desparately want to see it continue.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Palomino. Speaking as one who has been many times CAGBOTTED I think its important to realise that the site mods have other lives outside CAG and that CAG is not a full time job so rather than leaving something on the board that the DCAs can beat us with they err on the side of caution. Sometimes this may be seen as overkill (thinking of the fracas there was when the Cheekiness thread got pulled) but surely its better to err on the side of caution than to leave CAG open to a Court Case which they are financially unable to contest.

The DCAs and their apologists have vast amounts of money and some of them actually have REAL solicitors :eek: and they would dearly love to see CAG out of business. CAG must cause these people heartaches and a considerable amount in revenue each week. Everyone who can legally refuse to pay them is at least £ 500 and some many thousands. I think a certain amount of Moderation is acceptable if we look at the bigger picture.

That is not to say I never get annoyed at the Cagbot or the people pulling its strings but I step back and calm down and then see the bigger picture. *** ****** may complain all he likes about CAG but as we now see the OFT has taken an interest in Worst Credit and Im sure thats due in no small measure to CAG and all its members.

CCM I would like to add to the sentiments of others on here and say I am pleased to see you are sticking around. The help you give is invaluable and without people like you this site would cease to exist.:)

Palamino, if you (Or anyone else) ever have a problem concerning cagbot then send me a PM or email [email protected] .

You will always get an answer and I will do my best to explain the reasons behind the edited post.

I am sure the rest of the team would be willing to answer any queries and i am surprised to hear that you have received no reply in the past.

ODC, I agree with you 100%.

The point I am making is that if someone is cagbotted then a brief explanation of why that happened would be at the very least a matter of courtesy. More importantly it may prevent my doing such things in future.

So, a brief simple message saying why should be regarded as the norm. There are possibly thing happening behind the scenes which ordinary caggers like me will not know about, but if a site team member says that a post was withdrawn for that reason then it would nice to be know that it was the reason (without giving details) instead of a big empty void. Something like 'your post was withdrawn because there are confidentiality issues involved' would be a start.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

ODC, I agree with you 100%.

The point I am making is that if someone is cagbotted then a brief explanation of why that happened would be at the very least a matter of courtesy. More importantly it may prevent my doing such things in future.

So, a brief simple message saying why should be regarded as the norm. There are possibly thing happening behind the scenes which ordinary caggers like me will not know about, but if a site team member says that a post was withdrawn for that reason then it would nice to be know that it was the reason (without giving details) instead of a big empty void. Something like 'your post was withdrawn because there are confidentiality issues involved' would be a start.

often it is not possible to tell everyone why a post has been removed, especially when you have to block remove posts as to reply to each poster would take an age,

However if there is a single post which is removed then there should as is custom and practice, be an explaination as to why a post has been removed

also it is worth noting that if you have a post removed without explanation then you can use the CAG complaints procedure

I changed my mind about you staying.

After the crap that was posted about me by joncris, i too feel its time to vacate.

I know how you feel.

** Credentials **

10 Years Finance Fraud Investigator

5 Year High Court Sheriffs

2 Years Tip Staff Royal Courts

Currently : HMCS Enforcement Officer

Oh Boy and Palomino, whilst there is a minority that may have upset you by the way they handle or word things, im sure this is not the general consensus throughout the whole site. I'm sure many people have read both your comments and advice and have used them to help them deal with whatever lifes complications are throwing at them at this moment in time. Unfortunately, life dictates that there will always be conflict but it also dictates there will also be consensus. You can't please everyone.

I did see the comments made with regards to you Oh Boy and myself personally felt they were totally unjustified. However, like I said, theres only a minority that have stated this. Please don't let anyone get to you personally, bad comments....pfft next please :)

xx

Oh boy it's crap is it! then prove me wrong by answering my question & if I'm wrong I'll apologise .............Namely are you in one form or another, a debt collector & did you or did you not dismiss the claims of other posters regarding Log Book Loans whilst advising them to contact a named individual at LBL to seek help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5547 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks