Aktiv losses amount to £40 million

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Credit Today online

:D

Aktiv posts £40m loss - 26/02/2009

Debt buyer Aktiv Kapital today posted a pre-tax loss of £41.6m for 2008 (407.6m NOK) from £2.9m profit in 2007. It said its businesses in the UK and Spain have been hit hardest by the economic downturn and has made no dividend to shareholders.

Credit Today online

:D

Aktiv posts £40m loss - 26/02/2009

Debt buyer Aktiv Kapital today posted a pre-tax loss of £41.6m for 2008 (407.6m NOK) from £2.9m profit in 2007. It said its businesses in the UK and Spain have been hit hardest by the economic downturn and has made no dividend to shareholders.

And a recession used to be a fruitful time for the DCA's. What a shame in 2009 we're going to see a lot of them close down. :D

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

only £40million?

£400 million would still have been too small for me......

Still not enough...

Debt Collection Agencies (MRS....: 18 Dec 2007: House of Commons debates (TheyWorkForYou.com)

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

In reading that article...they want to make greater strategic use of CRA's for tracing purposes.

I hate to point this out to you Aktiv...but its 1 thing finding out were someone lives, but its another thing actually making them pay money to you when you have no legal authority to obtain that money without going through the county court 1st.

I also note in that article that someone who worked for Experian is now going to work for Aktiv :cool:

Just shows what we are up against & how the CRA's/DCA's are best buddies with each other effectivley.

They say they want to "improve collections performance" - does that mean more threats of "doorstep visits" then? :rolleyes:

Yipeeee> But one thing. Why do they always refer to them as "portfolios", when in fact they are the sweepings up and left overs that no-one else wants. The sooner they go under, the better, as far as I'm concerned

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Just a thought, if they do go down, what happens to anyone trying to get them to remove Defaults, etc. Would they automatically be removed, or would they still stay up for 6 years?

Then you'd have to hassle the CRA's about innaccurate data on your credit file. By the time UK26 has finished with Experian in court, I doubt having innacurate data removed from your credit file will be a problem for much longer. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

In reading that article...they want to make greater strategic use of CRA's for tracing purposes.

I hate to point this out to you Aktiv...but its 1 thing finding out were someone lives, but its another thing actually making them pay money to you when you have no legal authority to obtain that money without going through the county court 1st.

I also note in that article that someone who worked for Experian is now going to work for Aktiv :cool:

Just shows what we are up against & how the CRA's/DCA's are best buddies with each other effectivley.

They say they want to "improve collections performance" - does that mean more threats of "doorstep visits" then? :rolleyes:

I agree 100% with you Mr Ton. I have a pile of DCA letters delivered to my address so they know where I live. Unfortunately they have yet to prove I actually owe them anything. I do not speak to them on the phone so really they can do diddly squat.

Aktiv Kapital (Aquisitions) Limited dissolved 20.01.09

Oh dear what a shame i had a "please ring us to discuss your account" (that is over 9 years old) letter on sat !!!...Ive sent a Subject Access Request to Aktiv last month...no reply so far......"No Aktiv im not going to ring you....ever", that will teach a greedy bunch of scumbags like Aktiv for buying up a load of old debt

I am still waiting from the 24th Jan this year for DAS KAPITAL to send true CCA - guess what not a peep from them - I won't even bother to send a letter saying they are in default - they know it and so do the courts. It was off a supposed debt off 9 years ago - some of their staff would have been s******* their nappies then LOL.

Hi first time so please bare with me, i was going to send off a cca request to AKTIV KAPITAL for my mbna credit card £3807.59 i cheaked my cra with credit expert online yesterday and AKTIV KAPITAL had a default against me much to my delight i had a alert email to say this morning to say i had a credit account removed off my file when i cheaked it was AKTIV KAPITAL who had removed the default. yippeee

my question is should i just leave this now or still ask for the cca request because i am worried what if it reappears or the debt is sold on???

it was defaulted on 28/04/2006 so it was not over 6 years otherwise i would have gone for the statue barred.....

Edited by BASNI2009
added more info on

I notice the article doesn't recognise the effects of consumer rights being applied? In that case, it's obvious that far more people need to be made aware of their rights to challenge illegal debt chasing. :cool:

"Øyno added that UK focus areas will be on improving collections performance and implementing more efficient ways to communicate with debtors." Perhaps this means they'll have to employ monkeys that can read and write? (sucks teeth) That's gonna cost!