Models Direct Scam

jlh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So what are you thinking here R&J ?? A class action ??

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about getting a list of all the people who have been 'conned' by these guys, and looking at the possibility of launching joined claims against them, for your money back?

Thats is a good idea, its finding a way of getting everyone together. Also I don't think I would be able to get any money back because I have got rid of all docoments between myself and Models Direct because it was a while ago and I didn't think I would be able to get my money back and just wanted to forget about them.

The problem is that MD is probably a Ltd company, and as soon as it looked like they were about to get stuffed in the courts, it would be liquidated, and there would be nothing left to satisfy any judgment.

I think the only way to stop this would be if a whole load of people he has conned would get together, invite the press and hold a staged protest outside his office. It may not help you to get your money back but the press coverage would ensure that no one else would be conned and lining the pockets of this terrible man!

I cancelled my contract with Models direct about a year ago and have unsuscribed to Models Direct months ago since then several times so I should not be receiving any e-mails from them. However, these evil, inconsiderate ******s are still e-mailing me Model of the Month Winners even tho my 2 year old daughter never got any work from them for two years!! Surely this must be illegal after I have unsuscribed, I have told them I am reporting them to Trading Standards I had not heard from them for a while so I deleted all e-mails and got rid off all correspondence but I have just had another e-mail from them today Model of the Month Winners!! Is there anything I can do to stop them e-mailing me?

Edited by no.1 princess sarah

no 1 Report their emails to your ISP as SPAM also you should be able to block them

Thank you. I have blocked them, hopefully this should do the trick. These people are really inconsiderate and just don't seem to get the message. I can't believe after all this time and all the bad publicity they have still got the nerve to send emails, let alone still keep running their con of a business and continue to steal money off vulnerable people. Models Direct are just a nuisance now. When is karma going to come back and bite them up their backsides? Lol :D

• 3 weeks later...

:)i recently signed up my little boy for models direct, i haven't sent money yet they keep ringing me, well my finances have changed and i cant seem to find an end to the email and phonecalls and was woundering if anyone on here nos how to cancel it without speaking to them, now i read all the comments i am having doubts, i am a single mother and dont no what to d, can any body help me, thanks,:-x

Hi Choco,

Welcome to the Consumer Action Group :)

Your ISP is your internet service provider. If you look on your main email page, you will have a button marked 'More actions' open that one and click on the 'Fillter emails like this' logo. Or if you use outlook, in 'Tools' you will find a 'Block sender' button. Use either to ban MD from your inbox.

I not sure if the lower email email is working, others might know :-

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

Or you can write to the address below.

Models Direct

Contact us

International Talent Ltd,

1 Hornet, Hurricane way,

Norwich,

NR6 6HJ,

England

© 2010 Models Direct - Registered Company No. 2971147

I hope that helps,

Lex

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Send it registered delivery so they have to aknowledge receipt. (Should do the trick)

Kymi

Thank you. Unfortunately, that is the phone number that yielded no reply. Also, I am disinclined to send them a letter, because they can easily deny ever having received one.

i also joined my son around nov last yr who is 17 mths and again constantly i rung and e-mailed them to see why my son has not had any worked and i heard nothin and wen i did it was to update pics. is it possible i will be able to get my money back or is it now to late as its nealy been a year. I jus dont understand how they have got away with it for so long!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick heads up.

With thanks to trinatonga, who has just posted this list on another thread.

applications@modelsdirect .com

information@modelsdirect. com

[email protected]

[email protected]

I also have a non 0871 number for them too 01603-787188 this is not their fax number, by calling this number you can simply enter the extension of the person you would like to talk to, in my case it would have been ext 227 (Lynsey Model Coordinator)

Thanks trina :D

Lex

&

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everyone who posted on here.

I was contacted by them after deciding I might have a chance at being a model. Naturally, my confidence was greatly boosted after hearing from them and after receiving the package saying I had been accepted.

Luckily, I haven't sent them any money after looking up advice for models which advised me to check out the company to see what other people had to say. If I hadn't done that, I wouldn't have found this and realised the whole thing was [causing problems] my boyfriend (who wanted to pay the fee for me) out of 120 quid for the "3 years cover" [problem] that everyone else keeps talking about. Naturally, I'm put off ever pursuing this as a career now, having been lied to this way.

Hopefully this company will be put out of business SOON and they get what's coming for them.

Only difference I had from everyone else's story is I spoke to mandy, who insisted this was a "Govt controlled agency". That alone made me nervouse and set off alarm bells.

I'm, understandably, FURIOUS with these people and really feel like phoning up just to let them know I've caught them out before they can take any money off me or my boyfriend.

But again, thanks everyone for making me aware of the [problem]. Much appreciated by us xx

• 2 months later...
I desperately require an email address in order to contact them and cancel my payment. They do not indicate an email address on their website, and are not answering calls either. Pleeeeease, any advice??? Which email addresses did other people use??

Thanks.

Know this is a bit late, but Models Direct have a sister company (just as bad) run by the same people called talentmanagement.

Meet them all here:

wwx.talentmanagement.com/meet-us/

Their contact details, also for Models Direct is admin at talentmanagement .com

I WOULD have been caught out had it not been for these posts, so thanks for this y'all. I DID have Jane call me from MD but after her initial niceties, told her where to get off and said they should all be ashamed of themselves.

Good luck everyone.

• 7 months later...

Before Christmas last year, having participated in modelling and adverts when I was a child I decided to sign my 3yr old daughter up with an agency. She is tanned with the most beautiful hair, she is a very stunning child and many of my friends and family and myself believed she could not fail to get noticed.

I searched the internet for agencies and searched for bad reports on them. I found Talent management.com. I filled out a form online and they were quick to call me back. The lady "Jane" was all very nice and asked that I email photos of my daughter and some details to her, so I did. About a week or so later I got an email saying that I had a preliminary offer of representation, this sounded important and I felt proud that they had confidence in my little girl. They emailed me and posted me a contract type thing giving details of how I could pay for the representation and a special deal that they could do for me.........3yrs representation for just £128 plus £30 to be of "superstar" status on the website appearing first in search results for clients looking for talent.

I am a single mother and although this was a real lot of money to me, I though my daughter was sure to get a couple of jobs and that it would pay it back over the 3 yrs.

It is now May 2011, now that they have my money, they never call or email, and they never reply to my questions sent through their website. My daughters profile, they say is live, but we will never really know as you can only view talent on their books if you are registered as a client. So everyone who is registerd as a talent on the site only really have talentmanagments word for it that it even exists, it may just be a very nice website, where we log in and see non-existing jobs on the job board most of which are for cruise ship entertainers and holiday park red coats, hardly the lime light. Her "profile" has had 7 views in the last 6 months, "oh, so it is live" I hear you say....nope......those 7 views were mine, ggrgrgrgrgrrrrrr. I have contacted Natwest Mastercard to see if they can recover the money and they said they can only help if I can prove that talentmanagement have not provided the service they said they would. I could only do that if I could prove that the site is a fraud and that it isn't live, which I can't and natwest haven't sent my documents back. I feel so stupid that I could have been ripped off in this way. I always thought I was so streetwise.

The lady who I spoke to on the phone sounded so nice and genuine. I just feel that I have wasted over £150 that could have been spent on better things.

Oh, I just really hope someone out there can help me.

Sorry to hear you've been caught out as well, although you SHOULD have read every single post on the net about these agencies, like mine above.

There really IS only one way to get into a talent management company and that is for those that do not charge. They'll be legit

Oh, I know I searched and searched, but found nothing particularly bad about then, I didn't find any good reports either though, I searched thay they were a registered company etc etc and they were, I just don't know where to go from here to try and recover the money I spent. Thanks for your reply, however I do think you should consider changing your screen name, as its not really very suitable. Regards, Liz

• 2 months later...

hi... about the modelling goal... u are not alone here... u really have to see the email they sent to me.....hmmmm.... i rest my case.. u are nt alone dear.. just leave them.. u cant locate them... thatz for sure.. they are a big big [problem]

• 9 months later...

i registered my child with talent management after them saying she was beautiful and everything they told me it was 300 for 3 yeas but i said i cant affrod it right now so they said ok 69pound for 3 years o me and my partner went halfs... they emaild me everyday then when i paid they said the application will take 30 days to form and now i tried contacting them and nothing and emailing them and nothing ...:( im so upset im actually skint right now and really running low on money but i thought it was a good idea for my daughters future

• 1 month later...

Did any of you get anywhere in trying to get your money back from MD/TM? I (stupidly) signed my 9 month old son up with Talent Management in February and havent heard from them since the money went from my account. They don't respond to my e-mails or messages and I have no idea how to try and reclaim my money without their co-operation :???: I feel so stupid for paying them without doing my research first, I just thought i was doing something to help my son's future :sad:

• 1 month later...

I am also another unfortunate soul who has been scammed. I signed up at the age of 15 after successfully participating in beauty pagents and I wished to further my modelling to paid work. I sent my pictures to Models Direct and they got back to me very quick with my pictures on the letter, looking all professional and legit. They also phoned me up and complimented me on my looks. (to a 15 year old girl who is so excited for this oppertunity and a very support mum obviously lapped this straight up). We signed up for the 3 year contract and filled in all my online profile. 2 YEARS LATER! I phone them up asking why -if I am as good as you say you I am- then why has there been no replys or interest or even an email in these 2 years. She had to cheek to say that it was because i didn't update my profile often enough. This was when I realised I had been conned. At 15 I was niave and my mum just wanted the best for me, so we stupidly never looked at any reviews before we signed up. The money issue is disgraceful but what I find most sickening is that they can talk to a little girl on the phone and get her hopes up and still sleep at night. I really hope that people read this before signing up with them and don't have their child's or their own hopes set up to fall.

• 1 month later...

Models Direct will fleece you with no guarantee of work. My daughter joined them when she was 11 (she is now 21) after applying and being told she had huge potential and star quality. She was desperate to join them although I was hesitant about the 'money up front' issue. In the end, I decided to pay half the fee (it was over £100 even back then) and she would pay the other half from her savings. She was sent a card with her picture on it, saying she was a registered model with them and available for work nationwide. Haha....We heard nothing from Models Direct despite making phone calls and sending emails to them. And that was it - no contact from them, no work, and money down the drain, a hard lesson learnt. My daughter went on to join a local modelling agency in our city who didn't charge upfront, and she did get some work (one was a tv ad), but I would never ever recommend Models Direct, they are full of ****. Today my daughter was clearing out some stuff and we came across her Models Direct card and had a real laugh, seeing that it looks so professional, and I decided to look them up online. Can't believe they're still going, still conning people. Oh well, you live and learn.

I've been cuaght out too. Signed my son up last autumn, not heard a word from them in that time. Trying to get cancelled and refunded at the moment. Just sent an email and was returned saying Thank you for your response - this is an automated response and your email has not been received. Please don't reply to this message. There are several ways to contact us. Telephone: For questions as to how to book models or about a new model application, please telephone: 0844 334 0000---------I will pester and pester and threaten Watchdog and everything. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!