RAkbank UAE Debt - Al Tamayez LLC contacted my workplace asking for employee verification

Hi All, 

I'm a foreign national currently living in the UK.

I left UAE in 5 years ago unpaid debt : total debt as of 03/2024 is less than £50k (including interest rate). 

Al Tamayez LLC emailed my workplace couple of times last month.

They've sent another email today asking for employment verification and demanding for my current contact details.

I have been copied into this emails.

How can I stop the dca into contacting my employer as it causes me to have panic attacks.

DCA demanded me to send them an initial payment of AED 50,000 and a monthly payment of AED 10,000. 

I don't know what to do.

I can't afford this payment plan and I'm scared to death.

Please help.

I need your advice.

I'm having a mental breakdown.

Hi.

Welcome to CAG.

your employer should not be releasing any details or even confirming you work there. That would be a serious failure under the Data Protection Act 2018 and you'd have rights to make a complaint against your employer to the ICO.

Just tell your employer to ignore them. Al Tamyez LLC is based in the UAE and has NO powers here in the UK. 

A DCA is NOT A BALIFF. They have ZERO legal powers.

Ignore and block their emails. Unless you work in finance your debt is none of your employer's business. Even then it's a grey area. I imagine your HR department is doing the same. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Lolerz,

Thank you for your advise - this helps a lot. I'm in a lot of stress and I do not know how to respond nor what to tell to our HR.

Some people are a bit nosy and I feel obligated to disclose information which I m not keen on doing anyway.

I will keep on ignoring their emails as advised..

I'm unsure  if it's possible to ask our IT department to block future emails from them but I will try and ask. 

How soon before RAkbank (original creditor) sell my debt to UK debt collection agency?

I read a lot of threads today and I believe some have had a couple of debt collection agencies chasing after them. 

It won't be sold to a UK debt collection agency. They might get a UK based debt collector to act on their behalf but they're POWERLESS.

You only have to worry about any of their communication if you get a letter of claim. Then come back here :)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to RAkbank UAE Debt - Al Tamayez LLC contacted my workplace asking for employee verification

have you updated RAkbank in writing of your current and correct address if you have moved around in the uk?

thread title updated

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I also have that one sending me emails. however and this is more for others as they've already crossed into this nasty approach, you must take your details off linkedin etc as this gives them easy access to you.

• Like 1

Hi Dx, 

I did not inform the original creditor about my current address but will do so. 

dubai 5 0 

I have no LinkedIn or other social media account.

However, my employer is heavily engaged with promoting this in social media and my name was mentioned few times.

I'm thinking of changing job, however, that might be impossible at the moment.

fair enough.

thats obviously where they've got your details from then.

My friend had the same thing but essentially other than any embarrassment you might feel there is no problem here.

its just an attempt to add stress to you and make you snap.

one of my debts is with a bank that use moriarty from what I see on here.

they would send emails saying moriarty were looking after it and would be in touch.

in fact they never did.

the same emails then said it was with a Uae one who started sending lots of mails.

weird as they have even less chance of getting the money

however they do operate in a more nasty way given the chance hence the importance of not having a visible linkedin etc 

What else could they do apart from emailing our HR?

I dreading the nasty actions they could potentially do in the next few weeks.

At the moment I'm ignoring them.

If they ultimately result to divulging my details of debt to employer who can I get in touch to complain? 

thats all they can do is embarrass you.

via facebook + any other social media, ringing friends and family etc etc. works etc etc.

its a very very old tactic . 

sadly there is nowt you can complain about as they are not registered nor regulated by the UK.

its how they work.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is sad to know the things they do in order to recover debt.

I'm willing to pay the original creditor if it's a reasonable monthly payment.

However, this DCA are demanding monthly payment that I couldn't possibly afford and I'm not willing to give them a single cent as I will be subject for further harassment. 

Thank you dx. For responding. 

I'll update this thread.

simply ensure you inform the original creditor in writing of you correct and current address.

the rest can be ignored totally.

its a very very well trodden route for ALT to employ. 

lots of threads here about them and this.

absolutely NOTHING they can do.

seriously stop getting wound up about it.

one in 100'000 people...it's simply your turn, they'll soon move on to harass the next potential mug.

if you WISH to try an negotiate with the OC, then do so.

choice is yours or not. dont get pressured ever.

dx

and they