Debt from Oz being chased in UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

I lived in Australia for 4 years and have now been back in the UK for just over 4 years,

I got an email from someone at Pioneer Credit (aussie company) a couple years ago mentioning they had an important matter to speak to me about but no detail of what it was so I ignored. I can only assume the aussie bank I banked with has sold some debt to Pioneer.

I then didn't hear from them for a couple of years but they have now started emailing me, and have emailed my work email address and randomly have called a colleague and some friends (not sure how they got their mobile numbers?) but they haven't called me. 

I have received nothing in the post to my UK address so assume they do not have this and only emails that state they want to speak to me. No mention from them on what its actually about. Other than the phone calls to colleagues and friends which is a tad embarrassing, I've personally not received anything other than some emails in which I have not responded at all.

Few questions:
- Do I ignore until I receive any actual detail from them or something in the post to my UK address?

- Do I reply by email and request no further phone calls and request all details they have on me through the post?

- Should I file any complaints against them for harassing colleagues and friends?

I'm aware the debt would be statute barred after 6 years, but I'm around 20 months from that timeline. 

Any advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Pioneer credit are debt buyer in AU.

they have zero legal powers and are not bailiffs.

its all they can do, intimidate, embarrass and harass.

as annoying as they are , there is nowt you can do nor need to do.

it because its 6mts SB'd , thats why they are pushing.

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no your last payment/use of the credit.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

@dx100uk
As I've never given my UK address to them am I right to just ignore the calls and bullying tactics? Is the only time I should reply is when I receive anything in the post? I own a house so obviously don't want to risk any back door CCJ

Is it worth trying to stop the bullying tactic calls or will that just open them up to more?

well belt and braces would be simply writing to them informing them of your correct and current address.

though do you have a previous AD in the uk to current one?

and they

No, only address they would have is my old Oz address of which I haven't lived at for over 4 years and it was a rental.

I assume they may have been sending letters there but I've not received anything here since moving home, other than a few emails and some calls to friends etc.

Not one communication I've received has given any detail on what the matter is actually about. The email just references a case ID.

well if you've only one uk address no chance of a backdoor CCJ here then.

pers id ignore them.

dx

and they