HFO/ Turnbull Rutherford and Cabot Financial help needed

seachan1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you have your mail held at the delivery office

you go in with id and your mail is pulled out a pidgeon hole

its like a po box service

its used mainly for people going abroad say for 6 to 12 months

all mail is held at the sorting office

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you use your old address ?

Royal mail will send a letter to your 'old address' to confirm that you've requested it...if the new owner/tenant doesn't know whats going on/hasn't a clue he/she may send it back 'return to sender' in which case they Royal Mail would cancel the 'Keep Safe'

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Thanks. Never knew that service existed but may take advantage of it in the near future if we move.

That sounds more like a PO Box facility. Keepsafe has a maximum time of 66 days and normal delivery of your mail to your premises (including all that has been kept safe) recommences on a day of your choosing. Royal Mail do not allows pick-ups.

From the Royal Mail wesbite:

Setting up a Keepsafe™ request

We need only five working days to set up your Keepsafe™ instruction, which can last for up to 66 days. Complete the Keepsafe™ application form with the names and signatures of everyone whose mail you want kept. If you’re a parent or guardian, you must sign for any children under 16. We will not hold mail for anyone whose name is not specified on the application form, or any mail without a name (for example, ‘To the Occupier’) These items will be delivered as normal unless you specify on the application form that the service should cover ‘all individuals who receive mail at this address’.

Looking after mail that requires a signature

We will keep Recorded Signed For™ items for one week and then return to sender. We will leave a ‘While You Were Out’ card with your Keepsafe™ mail to let you know they were received and returned. Items sent by Special Delivery™ will be kept, if appropriate, for three weeks after the expiry date of your service. Perishable items will not be kept.

Redelivering your mail on your return

Just tell us when you want the service to end and we’ll deliver to your address on that date. If you return early from your trip, you must send a written cancellation note. Your mail will then arrive with the next available delivery. If you experience any problem with mail we have kept, you’ll need to claim within one month of the incident to receive compensation.

I have had mail redirection in force for 2yrs (max), I checked their T & C's and in them they say they will not pass your details on. Data protection anyone? When I checked the PO Box service in the T & C's it says they will inform senders of the mail if requested. This was valid 2 yrs ago so may have changed though.

looking at a mail box service, but costs £16pm :(

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

Its surprisingly easy to find people look for the 192.com thread on the info they hold. I would inform them of at least a new mailing address as if it ended up in court then it wont look like you were trying to avoid them (even if you were).

Advice & opinions given by spartathisis are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.:)

That sounds more like a PO Box facility. Keepsafe has a maximum time of 66 days and normal delivery of your mail to your premises (including all that has been kept safe) recommences on a day of your choosing. Royal Mail do not allows pick-ups.

you are very much mistaken

POSTGGJ

I have had mail redirection in force for 2yrs (max), I checked their T & C's and in them they say they will not pass your details on. Data protection anyone? When I checked the PO Box service in the T & C's it says they will inform senders of the mail if requested. This was valid 2 yrs ago so may have changed though.

looking at a mail box service, but costs £16pm :(

TV LICENCE

HM REVENUE AND CUSTOMS

OFFICIAL GOVERMENT BODIES

ITS ALL DONE IN PORTSMOUTH

just looked at the current app form and it states it will inform government bodies and local councils, but also if it cannot deliver mail to the redirection address they may return with your new address on.. Will have to make sure i'm in;)

Experian Corp. has installed Royal Mail Inc.'s new Redirect Check service across its range of authentication and fraud prevention solutions.

Experian has been working closely with Royal Mail to enhance its Detect product as well as its identity authentication solutions. There are over 1.3 million redirections in place with the help of the Royal Mail's redirection service.

These and all new redirections are now loaded onto the Royal Mail Redirect Check service, a complete database of all addresses from which mail is being redirected.

An eye opener if ever there was one! Be warned...:-o

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Right here, this is bloody fantastic, a must read for every CAGger, I only came across it yesterday, was making sure it was up to date, can't find anything to suggest otherwise??

Encyclopedia - Britannica Online Encyclopedia

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

you are very much mistaken

POSTGGJ

I'm quite familiar with the way that Keepsafe works as I use it often. I suggest you re-read my post above which is a direct cut and paste from the Royal Mail website. Keepsafe lasts a maximum of 66 days and is delivered to your house when you return. There is no facility for Keepsafe pick-up from a sorting office. If you want to pick your mail up from a sorting office you need the PO Box service. As an aside the Royal Mail is required to give the street address of any PO Box when asked by a member of the public. The only time this is not true is for the likes of women's shelters where an endorsing letter from the Police or a similar body must be produced.

I didn't it should open up on the credit management page? I just sat there with my jaw on the floor reading it all, it is under A direct impact on identity theft. -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

If thats any help?

I'm quite familiar with the way that Keepsafe works as I use it often. I suggest you re-read my post above which is a direct cut and paste from the Royal Mail website. Keepsafe lasts a maximum of 66 days and is delivered to your house when you return. There is no facility for Keepsafe pick-up from a sorting office. If you want to pick your mail up from a sorting office you need the PO Box service. As an aside the Royal Mail is required to give the street address of any PO Box when asked by a member of the public. The only time this is not true is for the likes of women's shelters where an endorsing letter from the Police or a similar body must be produced.

Royal Mail is required to give the street address of any PO Box when asked by a member of the public.

WRONG DPA

IT SEEMS I HAVE A FAN

I DONT SUPOSE BEING IN THE JOB FOR 20 YEARS COUNTS

LAST TWO IN THE PUBLIC CALLERS OFFICE

WHATS ON THE WEBSITE IS ONE THING

IN REALITY ANOTHER

Edited by postggj

I know! Tell me about it, no wonder DCA's are suddenly 'tracing' people, it really does make you think who is doing what with our information, I am sure that there are other things that have been passed in legislation that we are unaware of also, I mean if the PM can elect himself, then that really does give companies carte blanche to do as they please, hence the bank crisis! And MP's expenses:-x

When you have time read some more of the link, theres pages of it, and all equally as eye opening.

I'm sure your new friend will tell you how it is:D

Sorry to go off track slightly :oops:

But that previous link I posted RE: RM & EXP is taken from 2006, so they will have had three years to perfect the art of tracing 'GAIN'

Heres something else from the 2009 list! Very Very concerning!

• Cabot Financial do their bit land morel for Children in Need. The article reports on the selection of Cabot Financial Group as the official call centre for BBC Southern Counties Radio in Children in Need appeal for 2009 in Great Britain. Staff volunteers acquired donations from about 5,000 people on November 14, 2008. In addition for being an official call centre for Children in Need, Cabot Financial staff participated in a whole host of fund raising activities in the run up to the main event.
  • Callcredit on the up. The article reports on the business development of the Callcredit Information Group in Great Britain. It mentions that the company's sales have increased by 73% in 2008 alone. In addition, the firm's profits have accelerated for about 67%, which is equivalent to ¬£4.6 million. Moreover, the company increased its manpower to 625 employees.