Vertical line the centre of television

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A vertical line has developed in the centre of the screen of my 42 inch LCD Toshiba Television purchased 05/10/06 This week Toshiba replaced my other 46 inch television LCD which developed two vertical lines on the left hand side. This was under warantry because I purchased it 06/08/2008 How might I proceed with the older model the Service Engineer called in by the television shop said both televisions needed replacement screens The shop says for me to have a word with Toshiba as the older set is still watchable and implied I may have to live with it. This I am not prepared to do

Advice needed

if you can prove it is a known manu fault, that tosh acknowledges with the model, then it can be replaced under the 'unfit for purpose' SOGA rule....AFAIK

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi - I'm no expert but I'm positive one will be along soon. It isn't a Toshiba 42WLT66 by any chance? I've heard these are made by pretty much putting two halves of a screen together to make one. So this would be a manufacturing defect.

Again I'm no expert, but I'm thinking the shop shouldn't be telling you to have a word with Toshiba - isn't it their responsibility to sort things out as the contract lies with the seller, rather than the manufacturer?