2009 Credit Today Awards - some suggestions

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Happy new year to all (except DCA staff).

I notice that Crapit Today and their farcical ‘best agency awards’ gets quite a bit of discussion time on CAG, especially over the last few months.

Therefore, I wish to propose that CAG hosts its own DCA awards, similar to the Oscar Ceremonies. Each DCA will win a golden CCA request (well, the same as a standard CCA request on coloured yellow paper) for awards won. Tied up in an attractive red scroll ribbon (in reality, a bit of cat-chewed red wool that’s already been through both ends of at least one cat!), this is an award that any DCA would be proud to receive. In my case, it’s all they’re ever likely to get from me, but anyway, does anyone have any suggestions beyond the awards categories I have listed below? Any suggestions welcome :-

Most Hopelessly Persistent Award – That DCA that just will not give up, no matter how useless it is to continue the pursuit.

Funniest Letter Award – This award can constitute that letter with the poorest grammar, spelling, or grasp of the facts.

Most dishonest, legally ignorant staff Award – Self explanatory. That DCA with such a lack of basic background knowledge governing the industry in which they work. There is much scope for choice here, but one DCA must absolutely set itself apart from the rest for its’ thick-headed numpty staff members.

Most Groundless Threats Award – That DCA who issues threats so utterly false, wild and accusatory, that even the most unfamiliar customer could detect an air of untruth to what they’ve just been told.

Most desperate public statement Award – This could be a bank director, Herr Obermeier, or indeed anyone who makes a public/press statement on behalf of the financial/collections industry. The single statement that encapsulates ‘we’re really in the s**t’ is what we need to look for in this award.

Most Arrogant, Self Important Manner Award – The DCA so very self-serious, that it actually believes that the very existence of their company is the last bastion between financial collapse of the UK.

The ‘We Can’t Obtain The Information You Ask For’ Award – That DCA that fails so consistently to obtain any background information behind alleged debts. My own personal nomination would be MacKenzie Hall, and not for reasons you may immediately think.

The ‘I Was Only Obeying Orders’ Award – That DCA so gutless as to take or admit no responsibility for the anguish their involvement may have for the people they’re chasing up. For example, this could come in the form of a non-fulfilled CCA request, and the company’s attempts to wriggle out of any liability for any wrongdoing on its part.

Nastiest Staff Award – That DCA whose staff is so blatantly rude and unpleasant, that during the basis of that call, you hope for no greater thing than to listen to the man die slowly or painfully at the other end of that line.

As with all DCA outfits, this is a matter of which you should not underestimate the seriousness.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I supply the red knitting yarn? I have plenty to give away to a good cause!

I would nominate Capital One for being the biggest twits continuing to tell me they want to take me to court (for the THIRD time) and using multiple DCAs to chase.

I would also nominate Capquest for having the most useless Red Letter going...

Third nomination would be to Westcot/Moorcroft for being useless

Final award to Meritforce/Scotcall for non existent callers for non-enforcable debts.

Most dishonest, legally ignorant staff Award – Self explanatory. That DCA with such a lack of basic background knowledge governing the industry in which they work. There is much scope for choice here, but one DCA must absolutely set itself apart from the rest for its’ thick-headed numpty staff members.

For this award, id like to nominate "Dan", who works at Oranges Tyneside collections department.

Dan is quite obviously completley unaware of basic consumer rights and even his own companies complaints proceedure.

According to him, due to Orange being a multinational company it is not possible for them to make any mistakes, and also they as such cannot be charged with breaching DPA, cannot be held responsible for fraud and do not have to follow any kinf of complaints proceedure.

I'll nominate the theme song for the ceromony;

Jack-a-nory; Jack-a-nory; Jack-a-nory;

I'll tell you a story

about Jack-a-nory;

and now my story's begun.

I'll tell you another

'bout Jack and his brother;

and now my story is done.

Jack-a-nory; Jack-a-nory; Jack-a-nory;

Most Hopelessly Persistent Award – That DCA that just will not give up, no matter how useless it is to continue the pursuit.

Most Groundless Threats Award – That DCA who issues threats so utterly false, wild and accusatory, that even the most unfamiliar customer could detect an air of untruth to what they’ve just been told.

I think these awards should go to Red Debt and Lowells they love buying those statue barred debts and debts with no cca agreement. They also love their treating letters.

Most rude staff would have to be Debbie at Metropolition(HSBC) when i told her i paid paid the debt in full 6 years ago "no she yelled you havent you must pay in full" even when i told her i had the proof she dismissed it.

I just found this on Aktiv Kapitals website

Commercial (Trade / Third Party) Collection

Does that mean they think they can presue 3rd parties for debts that are not thiers like what they are tying on with me at the moment. I would give AK the award for this.

For the most pesistant I'd nominate Moorcroft. Took me 6 months and a pile of letters to get rid of them. Dispite 2 CCA requests and complaints, they still insisted on sending me lots of "Pre Court Division" and "Valid even if not read by you" drivel.

Rudest staff go to Iqor. The female staff in particular are the rudest. Going to put a few of their calls on here soon. ;)

Most arrogant has to go to 1st Credit.

But the ones who will win 2009 will be the ones who win it every year. They'll always win because they are just the best DCA ever to exist.

Fuzzybobble Debt Terrorists Ltd.

The first ever debt collection agency's truthful promotional video

Watch the promotional video and you'll see why. ;)

These are video links to show how I deal with Debt Collectors.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zPtzK8FqE6k&feature=related

Frederickson International don't accept my card type

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eiZBULlWW6Q&feature=related

One more awards idea - now why didn't I think of this before?

Most Callous DCA - That DCA so indifferent to human suffering that even the sectioning or demise of a 'customer', doesn't stop them or even force them to admit that their tactics have become excessive. You could read this as being similar to the 'I Was Only Obeying Orders Award'. An excellent example would be Thames Credit's refusal to account for its actions in the Beryl Brazier inquest.

I'd have said Dilligaf for the ceremonial theme song.

Also, from one of my all-time favourite movies, here's someone else that doesn't like CCAs. 3:01 pretty much sums up what DCAs will tell the OFT, whereas the guy's overall manner sums up the straw-clutching desperation of the industry in general.

YouTube - Network - Alot of Trouble

I'd have said Dilligaf for the ceremonial theme song.

Also, from one of my all-time favourite movies, here's someone else that doesn't like CCAs. 3:01 pretty much sums up what DCAs will tell the OFT, whereas the guy's overall manner sums up the straw-clutching desperation of the industry in general.

YouTube - Network - Alot of Trouble

Yep, also I know how many people are totally brainwashed by what they see on tv.

Reality mode....

Looks like the UK is in financial meltdown and the government's bailed out the rich with tax payers money again.

Never mind, Big Brother is on in a moment...........

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I'm in film critic mode now, but believe it or not, the film was criticised for being over the top and ridiculous at the time. The point made about the brainwashed TV masses hadn't escaped me, but it's easily applicable to other aspects of life as well.

It's just one of those movies that seems more accurate as time goes on, and especially so these days. And it just seems very apt to use this in respect to arrant DCAs.

Edited by F_DCAs
Wrong spacing used

May I nominate RMA? My first call from them was under unusual circumstances which was stressing me to my limit. Allow me to explain the background to this; My Brother In Law was found in a helpless state last August - the house was a mess, he'd left the bath water running and the ceiling had collapsed - he'd undergone a personality change of extreme. He was eventually diagnosed with a brain tumour, had brain surgery and released from hospital with no fixed abode (owing to him trashing his rented accomodation). At the time, I was temporarily staying at my sister's house so I volunteered my flat to him to recover from his surgery.

At the very point I was settling him in, explaining how things worked etc the phone rang and the caller asked for me by name which I answered, then I was asked to confirm my personal details. I told him "You've called at a very inopportune time and I can't deal with it right now". Well he obviously took this as a show of weakness (I was polite and asked he call back another time) and demanded I deal with the matter there and then "it won't go away, I won't go away I'll just keep calling" to which I hung up and he re-rang. I got annoyed at this and told him firmly, "I have a dying man here" - his tumour is a grade 4 (very aggressive) malignant cancer - "who is just out of hospital after having brain surgery and is staying here as my guest, he needs peace and quiet so I can't deal with this now. Put your communications in writing, I won't deal with this over the phone." and I hung up. Well the cretin redialled again and I totally lost it. "Have you no compassion man?" I screamed. He retorted he'll keep calling until I do sort it out with him. "Then I will ignore you" I replied. He told me then they will come round to my address, to which I gleefully answered "Great, then I can smack you in the mouth for being such a EXPLETIVE DELETED!" and slammed the phone down. Oddly, he didn't redial again but my BIL reported several calls from them in one week. He's now found alternative accomodation, thankfully.

If it wasn't for that rude individual, I would have carried on paying my debt to Barclays but not now. I consider them and their associates as hostile and treat them accordingly. I am confident I have paid back all I originally borrowed, plus interest so feel justified in my rebellion. They will have to take me to court if they want another penny from me and being long-term disabled, doubt it would do them any good anyway.

Edited by MrMT

That's a pretty horrible story, though I can't say I'm surprised. I can tell you that MacKenzie Hall staff are pretty much trained to believe nothing, and to keep exerting pressure.

I've had no experience with RMA personally, but from what I have heard, they appear to be cut by the same cloth. The tactics of both companies have been well-documented here.

That's terrible. But I'm afraid not uncommon. With DCA's as soon as they realise you're vunerable in some way they step up the pressure.

As soon as you stand up to them, they back right off. As soon as you write to them quoting the laws and regulations they're supposed to be obeying, Then they go quiet. But as soon as you start sending letters like that, then you've discovered CAG and not afraid of them anyway. :D

If you're not confident and they call you, just say you're recording this call. When they say you can't do that, ask them to quote the law that says you can't. After that they have to obey guidelines because they think the call is being recorded, try and dispute what you said, or hang up on you.

Fly fishing for C.A.R.S

I'm in film critic mode now, but believe it or not, the film was criticised for being over the top and ridiculous at the time. The point made about the brainwashed TV masses hadn't escaped me, but it's easily applicable to other aspects of life as well.

It's just one of those movies that seems more accurate as time goes on, and especially so these days. And it just seems very apt to use this in respect to arrant DCAs.

History, even ancient history has a habit of repeating itself For guidance in today's world read of the Medici family founders of modern banking Then study the quotes of amongst others Abe Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson et'al & finally remember it was Jesus who threw the money lenders out from the Temple

As soon as you stand up to them, they back right off. As soon as you write to them quoting the laws and regulations they're supposed to be obeying, Then they go quiet. But as soon as you start sending letters like that, then you've discovered CAG and not afraid of them anyway. :D

This doesnt work with Aktiv Kapital they seem to relish that you have discoved CAG and see it as a challange.:rolleyes:

Most Arrogant, Self Important Manner Award – The DCA so very self-serious, that it actually believes that the very existence of their company is the last bastion between financial collapse of the UK.

Award goes to Bryan Carter....:D