• Tweets

• Hi I have to agree with @unclebulgaria67 post#3 For the funding side of moving to a new area and it being private supported accommodation I would also suggest speaking to private supported accommodation provider about funding but also contact the Local Council for that area and have a chat with them about funding because if you are in receipt of Housing Benefit certain Supported Accommodation that meets a certain criteria is treated as ‘exempt accommodation’ for Housing Benefit purposes but you need to confirm this with that relevant Council in your new area especially since it is Private Supported Accommodation as each Council can have slightly different rules on this. If you have a certain medical condition look up the charities and also have a wee chat with them as they may be able to point you to different Grants to assist with moving costs and your question about funding for private supported accommodation as well.
    • Hi Just to be clear a Notice to Quit is only the very start of the Housing Association going down the Eviction route there is a long process to go. Also to be clear if you leave at the Notice to Quit date only and go to the Council claiming you are Homeless they will more than likely class you as Intentionally Homeless therefore you have no right to be given temporary housing by the Council. The only way that works is when the Court has Granted a Possession Order then you can approach the Council as Homeless with the Court Order. As for the Housing Association issuing the Notice to Quit because there investigation has proved it's not your main residence but you have witness statement to prove otherwise. From now on with the Housing Association you need to keep a very good paper trail and ensure to get free proof of posting from the post office with anything you send to them. You now need to make a Formal Complaint to the Housing Association and please amend the following to suit your needs:   Dear Sir/Madam FORMAL COMPLAINT Reference: Notice to Quit Letter Dated XX/XX/2024, Hand Delivered on XX/XX/2024 I note in your letter that you stated that the Housing Association has carried out an investigation into myself and came to the conclusion that I am not using this property as my main residence and have evidence of this and have therefore issued a 'Notice to Quit' by XX/XX/2024. I find the above actions absolutely disgraceful action by the Housing Association. 1. Why have I never been informed nor asked about this matter by my Housing Officer. 2. Why have I never been given the opportunity to defend myself before the Housing Association out of the blue Hand Delivered a Notice to Quit Letter. 3. I have evidence and witnesses/statements that prove this is my Main Residence and more than willing provide this to both the Housing Association and the Court. I now require the following: 1. Copy of your Complaints Policy (not the leaflet) 2. Copy of your Customer Care Charter (not the leaflet) 3. Copies of your Investigation into this not being my main residence.    As well as the above you need to send the Housing Association urgently a Subject Access Request (SAR) requesting 'ALL DATA' that simple phrase covers whatever format they hold that in whether it be letters, email, recorded calls etc. The Housing Association then has 30 calendar days to respond but that time limit only starts once they acknowledge your SAR Request. If they fail to respond within that time limit its then off with a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO).     
    • Hi Sorry for the delay in getting back to you The email excuse and I do say excuse to add to your account and if court decide LL can't recoup costs will be removed is a joke. So I would Ask them: Ask them to provide you with the exact terms within your Tenancy Agreement that allows them to add these Court Fees to your Account before it has been decided in Court by a Judge. Until the above is answered you require these Court Fees to be removed from your Account (Note: I will all be down to your Tenancy Agreement so have a good look through it to see what if any fees they can add to your account in these circumstances)
    • Thank you for your responses. As requested, some more detail. Please forgive, I'm writing this on my phone which always makes for less than perfect grammar. My Dad tries but English not his 1st language, i'm born and bred in England, a qualified accountant and i often help him with his admin. On this occasion I helped my dad put in his renewal driving licence application around 6 weeks before expiry and with it the disclosure of his sleep apnoea. Once the licence expired I told him to get in touch with his GP, because the DVLA were offering only radio silence at that time (excuses of backlogs When I called to chase up). The GP charged £30 for an opinion letter on his ability to drive based on his medical history- at the time I didn't take a copy of the letter, but I am hoping this will be key evidence that we can rely on as to why s88 applies because in the GP opinion they saw no reason he couldn't drive i need to see the letter again as im going only on memory- we forwarded the letter in a chase up / complaint to the DVLA.  In December, everything went quiet RE the sleep apnoea (i presume his GP had given assurance) but the DVLA noticed there had been a 2nd medical issue in the past, when my father suffered a one off mini stroke 3 years prior. That condition had long been resolved via an operation (on his brain of all places, it was a scary time, but he came through unscathed) and he's never had an issue since. We were able to respond to that query very promptly (within the 14 days) and the next communication was the licence being granted 2 months later. DVLA have been very slow in responding every step of the way.  I realise by not disclosing the mini stroke at the time, and again on renewal (had I known I'd have encouraged it) he was potentially committing an offence, however that is not relevant to the current charge being levied, which is that he was unable to rely on s88 because of a current medical issue (not one that had been resolved). I could be wrong, I'm not a legal expert! The letter is a summons I believe because its a speeding offence (59 in a temp roadworks 50 limit on the A1, ironically whist driving up to visit me). We pleaded guilty to the speeding but not guilty to the s87.  DVLA always confirmed to me on the phone that the licence had not been revoked and that he "May" be able to continue to drive. They also confirmed in writing, but the letter explains the DVLA offer no opinion on the matter and that its up to the driver to seek legal advice. I'll take the advice to contact DVLA medical group. I'm going to contact the GP to make sure they received the SAR request for data, and make it clear we need to see a copy of the opinion letter. In terms of whether to continue to fight this, or to continue with the defence, do we have any idea of the potential consequences of either option? Thanks all
    • stopping payments until a DN arrives does not equal automatic sale to a DCA...if you resume payments after the DN.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4814 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wouldn't recommend changing the simple spready to calculate compound, Memnoch. Use one of Vamp's new Google spreadies in her Chambers. I suggest No.5 or No. 16. Those will work out your contractual interest on penalties, your bank interest on penalties, and your contractual interest on THAT interest !!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have added a column to the simple charges spreadsheet adding an extra row.

In this new row I have used a similar formula as Vamp did ie.

'=(Penalty*0.00022)*DaysSinceOffence'

I have changed it to '=(Penalty*0.000723)*DaysSinceOffence'

I got the 0.000723 by using the Monthy charge, which according to Lloyds TSB is 2.2%. I turned this into a fraction = 0.022. I then multiplied this by 12 to represent total amount of months in a year = 0.264. Then I divided this by 365 and got 0.000723.

I would appreciate it if someone more mathmatically minded than myself could check this over for me.

Also do you think I should divide it by 365.25 instead so then it is completely accurate and takes into account the leap years?

One final question, I have already sent off my preliminary request and am currently awaiting the 14 days. Should I send off my new calculations with my LBA or have I no longer got a choice as I should have sent it from the outset?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library

Wrong. Like I said - wrong spreadsheet. You need one that calculates compound interest, NOT simple interest. The Google ones do.

If you really do insist on trying to adapt one of the simple spreadies, then this is what you will need to do:-

To change the simple interest function to compound interest (compounded daily) in a spreadsheet, the formula in each cell in the Interest column(s) must be changed to this.

=D9*((1+($E$3/365))^C9)-D9

First, you must adapt this formula to fit your spreadsheet. If the first row of penalty charges is NOT row 9, then you must change all the "9's" in the formula to the correct row no.

If column D is NOT the column showing the penalty charges on your spready, then change the "D's" in the formula to the correct column letter.

If column C is NOT the column showing the number of days since the penalty charges on your spready, then change the "C's" in the formula to the correct column letter.

"$E$3" represents cell "E3" which is the cell showing the interest rate you are using. Alter this to the correct cell for your spready (keep the "$" in place, though)

Now copy & paste the formula to the first penalty charge cell in the Interest column. Then copy it to all the cells below it in that column (you can right-click & drag).

If you've done it right, then test it with this:-

a sample charge of £100 made exactly a year ago, with a sample interest rate of 30% should show interest of £ 34.97 in your interest column.

HTH !!!!!!!

Bill. :)

Yes bill is right, you can't just increase the daily rate for compund interest. If you dont fancy mucking around with the spreadsheets take a look at this one as it does what you need already.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

LOL

you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead!!

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Thats the last time I dress up as a horse.

Thanks people that Spreadsheet is a great help.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the scales in left hand corner if this post has helped you.

Click on the Below Links for more Info:

1, Step By Step Instructions

2, F.A.Q.s'

3, Templates Library

Hi as this post is 860 posts old, and I am considering going for contractual as opposed to statutary,,,, is any one gonna be bold enuff to summerise (and i mean summerise) this thread,, as well as confirm banks have paid out for contractual interest claims

Ta

DELBOY

OOPs didnt see post 859

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

Hi all

Great idea! I read this thread regularly and once all the way through.....

it is the definite "contractual" thread...

can it not be condensed???

perhaps delete the occasional irrelevancies???

a new thread with copies of the key messages of this thread???

"Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest - THE REVENGE!"???

Any thoughts......

(I wish I could re-read the thread more often to absorb the important bits)

Cheers:D

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

definitive contractual thread....

(oops 2 posts for 1.... sorry)

:D CLICK MY SCALES IF I HAVE BEEN USEFUL :D

BARCLAYCARD WON £307

CAPITAL ONE WON £2.1k

NATWEST WON £3.4k

LLOYDS TSB CURRENT

Start 26/4 LBA 7/6 conLBA 22/1 N1 12/3 AQ 3/5/07ONHOLD

MORE THAN/ LLOYDS MCARD

Start 2/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

MONUMENT VISA

Start 1/11 CONTL LBA 15/1/07 NOW RE-RESEARCHING

NATWEST BUSINESS

RESEARCHING

Hi I am a bit confused about the interest and am unable to use the speadsheet on my computer. Barclaycard would not give me all the statements I wanted so I sent them a letter asking for £350.00 and I owe them £239.64. They sent me a letter offering £64.00 and I got a dca letter from Westcott. I called them and refused £64.00 told them account in dispute and that they should call off Wescott. Barclaycard told me that the Information commissioner had CHANGED THE RULES and that my statements would be with me very soon. That I was to look though charges and contact them back and get this taken off my bill. (Talk about don't ask don't get.) she said that I would still owe money and arrangements can be made to pay this off. I got statements next day!! I have found £180.00 charges First charge in jan 04 for £20 at bottom of statment says interest 1.385% do I calulate the interest on that charge and times by 24 and do simular to other charges? I want to get this letter sent off a.s.a.p as I only have a temp job and can't really afford to pay of Barclaycard in one go. Please, Please help as if this does go to court I want to win against Barclaycard.

I am on verge of launching computer through window. I can not for love nor money get the darn spreadsh*t working properly and now my printers broken (bitch fit in progress..lol) so I think this is how I am gonna play it.

Charges

jan 04 £20 (bottom of statement states interest 1.385%)

1.386% of £20.00 = 0.277 charge 34 months old 0.277 x 34 = £9.69

march 04 £20.00 0.277 x 33 = £9.14

so by the end it all adds up to £72.28 interest on £180.00 = £252.28

which means they owe me £12.64 for the sake of that small amount I would rather they just write it off but if it goes to court will my manual calulations stand??? I need to send this off by Monday otherwise Barclaycard say they will get the dca to take me to court for the money.:sad:

Are you using the google sheets? I've had no luck getting them to work. Try this one if you have Excel:

Download

You cannot use the calculation method you mention for compuund interest as used in contractual as it doesnt take into account interest on interest. If you get no joy with the above sheet either let me know and I'll go through how to work it out manually.

I am on verge of launching computer through window. I can not for love nor money get the darn spreadsh*t working properly and now my printers broken (bitch fit in progress..lol) so I think this is how I am gonna play it.

Charges

jan 04 £20 (bottom of statement states interest 1.385%)

1.386% of £20.00 = 0.277 charge 34 months old 0.277 x 34 = £9.69

march 04 £20.00 0.277 x 33 = £9.14

so by the end it all adds up to £72.28 interest on £180.00 = £252.28

which means they owe me £12.64 for the sake of that small amount I would rather they just write it off but if it goes to court will my manual calulations stand??? I need to send this off by Monday otherwise Barclaycard say they will get the dca to take me to court for the money.:sad:

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Are you using the google sheets? I've had no luck getting them to work.

Not to sound smart, cocky, or that I am belittling you in any way.

But did you copy the spreadsheet and save it, as you can only edit the copy of the spreadsheet not the original.

Spidee

If you PM me with your e-mail I'll send you back a spreadsheet with contractual interest and statutory interest columns already in place, which work - and I'll give you some simple instructions, too, if you'd like!!

Hope that helps

Westy

PS - do it soon, if you want it - I have to disappear again in a few hours!

W

• Confused 1

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Thanks Westy

As I am doing my letter for requesting my money back ie charges £180 plus interest of xxxxxx this interest is the one that is calculated at 1.385% right? then if it goes to court it becomes 8% Only with Barclays bank I didn't include interest and it never got to court I had my overdraft written off.

Are you using the google sheets? I've had no luck getting them to work.

Not to sound smart, cocky, or that I am belittling you in any way.

But did you copy the spreadsheet and save it, as you can only edit the copy of the spreadsheet not the original.

To be honest I didn't try for too long because I had already made the previously linked sheet and I was really just playing fout of curiosity. However I found that the google system is very unintuitive and buggy. Even just downloading a sheet to excel resulted in all manner of errors though. It's a good, inovative idea (as many of Google's ideas are) but it still needs a lot of development. I also imagine it relies very heavily on javascript libraries which may be an issue for a lot of people, especially those behind corperate firewalls that block certain parts of JS but don't have it disabled unilaterally.

Thanks Westy

As I am doing my letter for requesting my money back ie charges £180 plus interest of xxxxxx this interest is the one that is calculated at 1.385% right? then if it goes to court it becomes 8% Only with Barclays bank I didn't include interest and it never got to court I had my overdraft written off.

I think you're misunderstanding the way contractual interest works.

An important aspect to note is that it is claimed instead of statutory (8%) interest.

You add the contractual interest to your claim from the outset, and when it gets to court you cannot then add 8%, or replace the contractual rate with 8%. It's one or the other, and the choice has to remain constant - you cannot change your mind half way though without restarting your claim.

I'm assuming the 1.385% is your bank's monthly contractual interest rate. If so you cannot just multiply the claim amount by 1.385% then by the number of months. This is how simple interest is calculated, but either way it needs to be done daily rather than monthly.

Assuming the bank's published monthly rate is 1.385%, the APR is not 1.285 x 12. Because of the nature of compounding it is ((1+MONTHLY_RATE)^12)-1 = 17.95%

The daily rate that you need to work out your charges is calculated with the following formula: ((1+APR)^(1/365))-1 = 0.045%

To calculate compound interest on a charge you then use this daily rate as follows: ((1+DAILY_RATE)^DAYS_SINCE_CHARGE)-1

Obviously the easiest way to do this is using a spreadsheet, plus you have the advantage that you can just print it out as a schedule of charges.

I've tried unsuccessfully to use Vampiress' spreadsheets and have used one of the other Simple Excel sheets at the beginning of my claim, but without interest.

Looking at this thread, it appears I should have applied Contractual Interest against the Coop. I cannot find a spreadsheet that will allow me to alter the interest included - usually 8% - to another amount ie 16.9%

Could anyone shed any light on how to do this?

Also, I've sent off my Prelim letter and schedule of charges. I was thinking of sending an addition letter to let them now that I'm charging them interest and the totalled amount. Is this OK?

Cheers

P :confused:

If you're claiming contractual interest, then the simple sheets in the library will not work for this. Mindzai's excellent sheet is linked above and it does this and much more. It even make a nice cup of tea for you if you get to line 400 !!! :D

The Google spreadies in Vamp's Chambers need a bit of time to be spent in getting the hang of the Google facility itself. The advantages of these sheets - once you've learned to use the Google facility, is that there is a choice of different sheets for different purposes - for current accounts, credit cards, consolidation loans, etc. One can also access the formulae in them and tailor them personally, if one wishes.

There is also the facility for online real-time chat & help with other users, and also for "collaboration" - which enables more than one person to share a spready online, and work on it together. Unfortunately, as it is a departure from the traditional method of just working on our own sheets, on our own, it takes a bit of getting used to.

The Google sheets cannot be downloaded as they are, and have to be exported as Excel files, but in doing this, they do lose some of their formulae. I am hoping to make some of the Google sheets available as Excel sheets for downloading here, shortly.

Paintball - If I were you I'd start again from scratch. Make sure your figures are right before you go claiming anything. If you don't know what you're claiming or why, you don't deserve your claim to be taken seriously !!!

Bill.

• Confused 1

Thanks Westy

Just put in the annual APR interest rate. The spreadsheet will calculate the daily interest.

And Mindzai is right - you don't want to change it to 8 per cent: that's about as low a rate as it's possible to get, other than zero.

Go for contractual.

W

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Paintball - I just realised my post to you might have seemed rude. Not meant. I should have said ".....taken seriously by the bank."

WE take your claim seriously, here, and want to help you get it right !!

Hope you're still speaking to me.....:oops:

Bill.

Hi all,

Paintball,

I've used the complex bank charge spreadsheet in the download library and simply changed cell I3 on the 3rd spreadsheet and also changed the column titles to reflect the different rate. Hoping I've done this right as it leads me to my question (s)...

I'm going to send off for contractual interest based on the higher, unauthorised rate (19.9%) rather than the agreed rate (10.9% AER), although there are instances where I only have an o/d fee and not an excess o/d fee, so fingers crossed.

I have only taken interest charged where I have got either an o/d fee or exces o/d fee or both -is this correct as I am charged interest whenever I am in (agreed) o/d. Surely I cannot claim that back too?

Also, just checking on the amount to claim from the spreadsheet. The way I interpret it is:

1) penalty charged

+

2)contractual or statutory interest rate on penalties

+

3) interest paid on penalties at the time

+

4) contractual or statutory interest rate on interest paid on penalties

hope that makes sense?

TIA

also, just checking on the amount to claim from the spreadsheet. The way I interpret it is:

1) penalty charged

+

2)contractual or statutory interest rate on penalties

+

3) interest paid on penalties at the time

+

4) contractual or statutory interest rate on interest paid on penalties

hope that makes sense?

TIA

Yes that's correct.

Hi all,

Paintball,

I've used the complex bank charge spreadsheet in the download library and simply changed cell I3 on the 3rd spreadsheet and also changed the column titles to reflect the different rate. Hoping I've done this right as it leads me to my question (s)...

Sorry, but this sheet still only calculates simple interest. Yes, it WILL calculate it at the rate you tell it to, but only as simple interest. This will not do your claim any good, as it is neither statutory nor contractual.

Sigh.............

Sorry, but this sheet still only calculates simple interest. Yes, it WILL calculate it at the rate you tell it to, but only as simple interest. This will not do your claim any good, as it is neither statutory nor contractual.

Sigh.............

Agreed - you need to compound your interest if you want to claim contractual interest, as not only should you use the rate in the contract, but also the method. In my view - formed from others' posts here - actually. :D

[

Hello All,

My head is spinning (not alcohol related - promise...). I've read through this and other threads and i'm still confused.

I'm about to send off my letter before action - I was going to claim 8% on every item (some are o/draft charges, some are bounced cheques/direct debits). Please - what interest should i be asking for at this stage? Or should i not be asking for interest at this stage and just wait until it gets to court?

Please help :confused:

I can only apologise for appearing a little bit simple...

Ta,

HD