Why is no one claiming the contractual rate of interest???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol, but i've three kids and four dogs to look after tomorrow, researching emigration, typing up countless invoices for my o/h AND going to Mother-in-law's for lunch :eek: Really really going now......thanks for your response and have a good shift!!

SM:p

Paying interest on a loan caused by penalty charges? Read this!!

Very useful A-Z here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html?highlight=can%27t+find+what+you%27re+looking+for%3F

New strategy for Scots claims here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/71013-urgent-attention-please-read.html

Scottish procedure:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland/42620-scottish-procedure.html

I am a layperson not a legal expert, my advice is offered without prejudice or liability, it is purely my opinion based on personal experience and should be treated as such. If in any doubt seek the advice of a qualified professional.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will, easy job tonight. You're still here .. . Nite :)

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 2 months later...
Send an e-mail to [email protected] and we will send you a compatible spreasheet.

When requesting spreadsheets from [email protected] please state which software you are using and whether you are claiming in Scotland or England. Please keep all queries regarding the spreadsheets to the forum, rather than using the gmail address, Thank you.

I've just tried to send an Email to request a spreadsheet but it says the Email address no longer exists.

Is there another way i can do it, As all the ones i have found on the CAG Forum i can't seem to open

:(:)

Hi animal lover!

I've just tried to send an Email to request a spreadsheet but it says the Email address no longer exists.

Is there another way i can do it, As all the ones i have found on the CAG Forum i can't seem to open

Unfortunately, I believe that Vampiress has moved on out there into the 'Big Bad World'...:o

Personally, I've always recommended using a very user friendly spreadsheet originally done by Mindzai (v1.9)

(...who is also no longer with us btw...:()...

Mindzai's Contractual Interest Spreadsheet

It's advantages are that it can also calculate S69 Interest for the same set of inputted data.

Here is a link to a discussion Thread about it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

(...note that the link to the spreadsheet in the above Thread no longer works...:!:)

...:)

Hi I put a claim in over a year ago and it has a stay put on it but my claim relied on the principles of mutuality and reciprocity which is now dead in the water and I'm lead to believe and Sempra is the way forward. My claim is still on hold so what should I do can I change anything or will I still have to keep with claiming CI on the basis of mutuality and reciprocity?

Hi I put a claim in over a year ago and it has a stay put on it but my claim relied on the principles of mutuality and reciprocity which is now dead in the water and I'm lead to believe and Sempra is the way forward. My claim is still on hold so what should I do can I change anything or will I still have to keep with claiming CI on the basis of mutuality and reciprocity?

Why is it dead in the water

• 6 months later...
Hi animal lover!

Unfortunately, I believe that Vampiress has moved on out there into the 'Big Bad World'...:o

Personally, I've always recommended using a very user friendly spreadsheet originally done by Mindzai (v1.9)

(...who is also no longer with us btw...:()...

Mindzai's Contractual Interest Spreadsheet

It's advantages are that it can also calculate S69 Interest for the same set of inputted data.

Here is a link to a discussion Thread about it...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/51736-excel-contractual-interest-spreadsheet.html

(...note that the link to the spreadsheet in the above Thread no longer works...:!:)

...:)

MilkTrayMan,

I just tried to access the Contractual Interest Spreadsheet but it's no longer available on the website he seemed to put it on!

Do you or anyone else have a copy of the (or any) above?:(

• 4 weeks later...

Try this link, I found it this morning, and now can not find which thread it was in!!

Free File Hosting & Video Downloads, Free File Sharing, Online Friends Network - Ziddu

Now found the thread that I found the link in. The link was posted by Missy06 in post number 376 (14/2/09) in the thread General Re: Excel Contractual Interest Spreadsheet :grin:

Edited by Brian2009
updated

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I'm just getting round to doing my claim, which hopefully I can get heard thanks to hardship criteria. I'd love to claim interest at the contractual rate if at all possible - I have charges going back ten years! What is the current state of play with it?

I see someone lost a case in the high court about it, how come the banks were able to challenge that without conceding the unlawfulness of the charges - was there two cases involved?

Any advice/help/references appreciated

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Couldn't find where I should really post this, so am trying here as you seem as if you can all do maths! - apols if I'm interrupting the thread, just need a quick answer.

Am filling in a Request for Judgment against Nationwide, and have got Warrant of Execution form, intending to give both in tomorrow.

I claimed the "interest pusuant to s.69 County Courts Act" at 0.00022 per day, but didn't really understand it. Now it looks like I have to calculate it and put it on the Request for Judgment where it says "Interest since date of claim (if any)"

Tried to calculate it online (from date of issue until tomorrow when I'll put in Request the number of days is 774); the answer I got was: 0.17028. I have a severe mathematical learning problem, don't understand figures at all, and this doesn't mean anything to me! Can anyone tell me what it is in money? Surely it can't be 0.17 pence! Or is it pounds? It doesn't seem very much for over 2 years! Should it be compound interest? If so, does anyone know what the total is?

If any of you can help with a quick calculation, It'd be much appreciated.

Here's hoping!

Sirensinger

Sirensinger,

You have missed a step:

I claimed the "interest pusuant to s.69 County Courts Act" at 0.00022 per day, but didn't really understand it. Now it looks like I have to calculate it and put it on the Request for Judgment where it says "Interest since date of claim (if any)"

The correct formula is: 0.00022 x Number of days x Value of claim = Interest

So what you have done is 0.00022 x Number of days (774) = 0.17028

Now what you need to do is 0.17028 x Size of Claim.

For example if your claim is for £500.00 it would be 0.17028 x £500.00 = £85.15.

By the way I do not think you can apply for a warrant of execution until you have a judgment.

HTH

Dad

• 1 year later...