Connaught/Worst Cretins

stabradop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry its been a while but I have been dealing with other stuff.

1st Cretins phoned me a while ago and I stated my concerns as above, the bloke at the other end suggested I go to plod regarding possible fraud and even went so far as to suggest that my ex might have done it (I know she wouldn't).

Is there a link to the sticky that bigegg mentioned and what is the likelihood that anyone will still have an original document after this time? My understanding is that a lot of this stuff gets scanned onto servers or CDROM to save on storage space.

Ta

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, should I just tell them to foxtrot oscar stating that previous correspondence refers? It seems that after I mentioned the forensic examination angle they have changed tack. Would it be that they are not prepared to go down that road? If so then is there a letter I can send stating that if they are not prepared to go the whole hog then leave me alone or face legal action?

That has to be one of the daftest letters I have ever seen. Are their no depths these people wont step to to obtain an acknowledgemet of a debt alon with personal and work phone numbers and you mobile.

The sad thing is that there will be people foolish enough to fall for this CON trick and ring one of these so called helpers up.

A leopard cannot change its spots

You cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear

Hi this came through recently, are 1st Cretins trying yet another tactic? If so why are they doing this and does anyone have any advice please.

Ta

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/stabradop/DHSltr25novrecd28edit.jpg

its called an "assumptive close"

it is trying the get you to make arrangements to make a repayment schedule and "assumes" that you do not dispute you owe the debt"

entering into such an arrangement is not advisable if you are disputing the debt

• 3 months later...

Hmm, it seems they have passed it on to McKenzie Hall now, I have had 2 letters from them, one being a standard Threat-o-gram and another offering me a 50% discount.

Why would 1st Cretins pass things on to Muck Hall when they have Connaught to do their dirty stuff for them?

Worst Credit realise what they have is a pile of toilet paper so in order to make a couple of quid and ease ***** ***'* bank balance they sell it on to the fools in Kilmarnock who lets face it will buy anything

Except Doughnuts

• 3 weeks later...

Now it seems I have Meritforce on my case, they wrote then phoned threatening an "authorised collector visit". I told them where they could stick that but God help any threat monkey who turns up at my door, I will have the idiot arrested there and then.

Ignore Meritforce and they'll just give up after 6 weeks or so. If they do send a collector, ignore him as well - though if he starts getting stroppy, it can be fun to wind them up.

I thought MH loved doughnuts, ODC. After all, they closed their office for a whole day just to indulge in that delicious, sugary goodness.

• 3 months later...

Hmmm, had a letter this week from some bunch called Phillips, anyone know anything about them, haven't seen anything about them on here. It's the usual standard threatogram, not sure whether to buzz and say what I have said to the others as that usually gets rid of them. Any advice folks?

ta

stab

I phoned them in the end, and after they threatened to send someone round I did the old "denial of licence to visit" thing, which went right over his head (although to be fair he was quite civil and normal sounding). So I will just wait to see what happens, I am moving in 2 weeks anyway so I am not that bothered if they send a muppet round.

I did point out that once anyone goes past the gate that person is on private property, and as I have already refused permission to enter then whoever turns up is already trespassing and I have the right to use minimum force to compel that person to leave or can seek the assistance of our friends in blue, that kind of shut him up a bit.

fell into their trap- fear of someone calling -and i am sure they know this- stop fretting about personal callers- it really is no big deal

they have no powers, will not try to enter and can do nothing but say " please pay".

ONCE they have visited once- and you have made it clear that you will not discuss the matter except in writing- they will not call again (and if they do THEN you can complain to the OFT- since the ONLY point of a furthe call- would be to intimidate or humiliate

I am not that fussed, the only debt collector that ever called at my door was looking for a previous tenant from 3 years ago, went away when asked, no fuss.

The amusing thing is that 1st Crudit keep passing this thing around so many other bottom feeders, Connaught, Mckenzie Hall, Meritforce, Philips. I wonder who they will try next?

I am not that fussed, the only debt collector that ever called at my door was looking for a previous tenant from 3 years ago, went away when asked, no fuss.

The amusing thing is that 1st Crudit keep passing this thing around so many other bottom feeders, Connaught, Mckenzie Hall, Meritforce, Philips. I wonder who they will try next?

thats because most of these debt collectors work on a "sale or return" basis and so it will continue until the 6 years are up

• 11 months later...

Well hello everyone, guess who's back on the case again :lol:

It's been nearly a year since I last heard from these fatherless types and I have moved house last summer. About 2 weeks ago I received a letter from 1st Crudit at my new address and it went along the lines of:

"Dear stabradop, we are looking to contact stabradop regarding a personal matter, if you are not stabradop please contact us so we can correct our records. If we don't hear from you in 10 days we will assume you are stabradop and act accordingly"

Needless to say I didn't bother getting in touch, I have enough to do without wasting time with monkeys. If I wanted to do that I would work in London Zoo.

10 days later I got a letter addressed to me with all the relevant debt info that they had sent before demanding payment and threatening the usual court action. I haven't done anything with it yet.

Now my main question is, shall I just continue to ignore them as they were unable to provide a legible agreement last year or shall I try to be clever and see if I can do them under Data Protection as they had taken no steps to acertain whether they were writing to the correct person or not? Bearing in mind the second letter had financial info on it.

Thanks in advance

Edited by stabradop
missed a bit