• Tweets

• So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he? .. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it? - cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us   I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands? Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket .. I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored. First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.   Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh? Have they actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?    
    • Hi Wondered if I could get a little advise please. I entered into a commercial lease (3 years) and within a few months I had to leave as the business I was trading with collapsed. I returned the keys to the landlord and explained the situation and no money, also likely to go on benefits but the landlord stuck to their guns. They have now instructed solicitors to send letter before action claiming just over £4000. The lease was mine and so the debt. I know this. I have emailed the solicitors twice to explain I am out of work and that with help from family I could offer a full and final settlement figure of £1500 or £10pw. This was countered by them with an offer to reduce the debt by £400, or pay off the amount over 12 months. I went back with an improved full and final offer of £2500 or £20pw. This has been rejected with the comment 'papers ready to go to court'. I have no hope of paying the £4000 and so it will have to go to court. Pity as I have no debts otherwise but not working is a killer. I wondered if they take me to court, could I ask for mediation? I also think that taking me to court will result in a pretty much nothing per week payment from my benefits. Are companies just pushing ahead with action even if a better offer is on the table? Thanks for your help.
    • Hi all, Many thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, the reply to the email was as expected…   Starbucks UK Customer Care <[email protected]> Hi xxxxxx, We are sorry to read you received a parking charge after using our Stansted Airport - A120 DT store. Unfortunately, the car park here is managed by MET parking. Both Starbucks and EuroGarages who own and operate this site are not able to help and have no authority to overturn any parking charges received. If you have followed the below terms then you would need to send all correspondence to [email protected], who will be able to assist you further. Several signs around the car park clarify the below terms and conditions: • Maximum stay 60 minutes, whilst the store is open. If the store is closed, pay to park applies. • The car park is for Starbucks customers only who make a purchase in our store, a charge will be issued if you left the site. • If you had made a purchase and required additional time, you must have inputted your registration number into the in store iPad which would have extended your stay up to 3 hours • To park in a disabled bay, you must have displayed a valid disabled badge. • If Starbucks was closed, you must have paid for parking as charges still apply, following signage located on site. • If you didn’t use the store, you must have paid for parking, following signage located on site Please ensure all further correspondence is directed to MET parking at the above email address, and accept our apologies that we cannot help you further on this matter.  Kind Regards,  Lora K  Customer Care Team Leader Starbucks Coffee Company, Building 4 Chiswick Park, London, W4 5YE
    • Thanks HB edited and re-uploaded. Thanks for the heads up 👍
    • Am in the middle of selling my house but it's been held up as still showing a change on the property from welcome finance, have not had any contact from them for years or prime credit and need this sorting asap
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Just Recieved A Signed Capital One Agreement

sunflower99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just joining the fan club, I've got three Cap One debts (one with Robbers Way)...
Hi Lunar jim!

Welcome to the Cag Crapital One fan club!:D

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Capone show their true colours here:

Newbury Today | Loans drove man to take own life

'Daughter Susan Harrison said that Capital One wrote just this week to Mr Harrison demanding payment – even though they had already passed on their condolences over his death'

Thanks for link.That was so sad .and shows you how callous these banks arel.if only he had discovered Cag and the sad fact is that this i going to happen to so many more people driven to desperation by hounding from these banks

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Capone are hounding me because I have paid them nothing for months. Topping myself is not an option for obviouse reasons.. They have now put a dca on me but I am hoping that the lawyers looking at the original agreement or what they say is a copy of the original agreement will say that it is unenforceable. Has anyone found a Capital One agreement to be unenforceable ? THAT IS WHAT WE WANT TO FIND OUT !

Unfortunately I've been paying them. I've been on a DMP with CCCS but I've just come off that to go it alone after a disagreement with them (when they refused to stop paying a couple of creditors who are in CCA default). CCS will make a payment on 1st March on my behalf, and that's when payments will stop.

Ironically, they did put the Robbers Way payment on hold for me; I haven't paid them for three months but unfortunately a payment will go to them on 1st March :(

LJ, why are CCCS making a payment 1st March? Can't you stop your payment going to CCCS?

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

LJ, why are CCCS making a payment 1st March? Can't you stop your payment going to CCCS?

Dates are slightly wrong... We pay them on 1st of the month and they then pay my creditors on the 25th of the month. We made a payment on 1st Feb, while several payments to creditors were on hold. See this thread for more info on how that was supposed to work:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/180374-lunar-jim-barclaycard.html

CCCS contacted me on the 18th or whatever taking the payments off hold, so I cancelled the standing order meaning next month's payment won't happen. But the payment CCCS make has already gone out as they pay by cheque. Actually, it'll be interesting to see who gets paid, I'm not sure they'll have taken accounts off hold in time?

Hi All

CCCS are just a waist of time, there here just for one thing and thats helping the bank not the consumer. Had no help from these people at all when i contacted them.

Gaz

CCCS were fine when I started with them, their DMP dug me out of a rut with my creditors. Of course I wasn't CAGing back then...

It was Capone flogging one of my debts with them to Rob Way which ****ed me off and led me down this route; I'd not experienced a DCA before so when the debt was allocated (unlawfully, I'll sort that out when my SAR arrives...) RW I googled them and ended up here.

So if they hadn't sold the debt I'd have been happily ticking along paying them on my DMP instead of paying them nothing and fighting back...

Read your thread, see what you mean LJ. We had a similar situation with Payplan, but were able to cancel our payment to them in time and they were fairly okay.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

I have an ALcapone card, with a £200 limit on it.

I have recently received a statement saying the card is over limit by £34.

I contacted Capital One who stated the following.

On December 16th i withdrew £10 from an account with a balance outstanding of £186. On top of that there was a cash charge of £3 for withdrawling from an ATM.

Firstly, i never used my card at all in December 08, in fact i rightly pointed to a date i last used the card which was Sept 27th 08.

I asked Crap One for a summary of the last 3 months statements as to how my card is over the limit.

In September 08, i paid £20 to my card which took the balance to £174 approx. I used the card for a sum of £17 in a shop.

Then in October 08 i paid another £20 on to the account.

Now when i got a statement for November, they had my account overdrawn by £9 and some pence. I complained and they said a charge had gone on to my account for over limit fees, i complained buit hit an indian brick wall ???????????

On 9th December 08 i paid £30 on the account, and in Jan 09 got a statement saying i was £34 overlimit.

NOW, i stated, after they said i had withdrawn £10 and gone over limit, that i had not taken any money at all, My missus while we were out put the card in by mistake, then cancelled the txn straight away and put the right card in. I explained this, and said there must be a fault or fraudulent txn but they would not even except the complaint, they just wanted me to pay the arrears of £34 then £10 monthly payment.

Since then they phoned my work daily, i got into a lot of crap cos of it, i wrote and told them on the phone to stop ringing, and it carried on.

I have sent a recorded delivery letter to ask them to stop phoning my work, and to ask a member of Management in Fraud to ring me on my Mobile, and also told them, i was disputing the account and i want a copy of a signed credit agreement.

They have stopped calling work.. BUT..keep miss calling my phone up to 6 times a day, i know its them cos the idiots forgot to use a withheld number. No calls from Fraud, nothing. What can i do next?

Any suggestions or should i just wait for an answer by mail.

Sorry by the way for hijacking your thread sunflower, i have my own but haven't had much luck there

you need to write saying stop calling me.

DONT ask them to call u and DONT talk to them on the phone. If after 7 days after they recieve the letter they have not stopped issue a claim against them in court as that stops them

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Or their stupid-to-the-point of disbelief letters! I had 3 different replies from 3 different departments to one letter I sent to their Complaints Department! One sent me another copy of a blank application form, one said they could not fulfill my request unless I sent my personal details (what request???) and the third, from Ellie, said nothing but total drivel. The three all pressed different buttons on the hurdy gurdy that spews out their templates and none of what came out makes any sense whatsoever. Incredible. If they had a brain between them they would be dangerous. Since then all quiet on the Western Front - pillocks. :roll:

Capone/Ellies fan club seems to have gone quiet, are THEY in financial trouble & cant afford their endless (and pointless phone calls)?

Thats exactly what my OH said! :D

Hi All

CCCS are just a waist of time, there here just for one thing and thats helping the bank not the consumer. Had no help from these people at all when i contacted them.

Gaz

Hi Gaz!

i am glad i learnt from this site that they are no help to people when they are in trouble and banks start to bully them .As you say they seem to be more on side of banks and i think it is run by bankers?

Anyone shed some light onto this all you fellow haters of scumbags in the finance sectors.

My wife had peobs with cap 1 last year - went to Crapquest - they gave her the most unbelievable trouble anyone could imagine - we CCA'd them - we got copy of application form, their letters inferred that if it went to court and she did not disclose her financial affairs a judge could imprison her -when this came through I was all for driving down to their head office and sorting out the person who wrote this - but common sense prevailed and won the day -I compained to FSA and Crapbot said it was back in hands of Cap 1., We got letter through yesterday and Cap 1 wrote the following:

"We hereby give notice of Assignment of the debt due to us from you in respect of the balance of BLAH.

On the 12/02/09 your account was sold to Lowell Portfolio. - now then - in exactly the same post drop Lowell sent a letter( how convenient for them to arrive with the same postie) " I write to inform you that your cap 1 account has been sold to us - we have been appointed as duly authorised agents to recover the outstanding balance BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Now - we could not get a notice of assignment from Capquest or cap 1 for Capquest handling, they got their fingers wrapped of FSA for their conduct previously, so my question is - they knew thy went about it the wrong way the first time - so how does this make things correct in their eyes the second time, and also if a debt has been sold once how can it be sold twice and can anyone tell me what chicken **** are they playing at now, is it legal or are they chancing their arm, after the threats the first time off their preffered collectors I am not in the mood for this ***** or these t****.

i cant beleive i had no calls from Crap one! I even got a nice answer phone to screen my calls now so my OH can answer the phone now once the person establishes who they are on the phone if it is someone he wants to speak too!As it was awful situation when me friends , family, his doctor, or jobseeker plus can not get through to him as he was to worried to pick up the phone!Now this has solved the problem,I notice a lot of DCAs just ring and hang up when they get answer machine!i guess they dont like them! and are fed up that they are in a situation now where they know we can screeen calls and not be terroised by our own phone!:D

Hi Sunflower

Yes i was told by the CCCS who contacted me after she work out my incomings and outgoings too.

1, Take out a secured loan, how as the credit card companies defaulted me.

2, Take out a second morgage how can i do that?

3, Sell the house and move into something smaller?

4, Cut back on what i spend out each month?

These are some off the answers i was told by CCCS, also she did say that all credit cards Agreements are enforceable and see's no reason for any company to send out an unenforceable agreement.

That's the sort of person i was speaking to on CCCS.

Gaz

• Haha 1

Anyone shed some light onto this all you fellow haters of scumbags in the finance sectors.

My wife had peobs with cap 1 last year - went to capquest - they gave her the most unbelievable trouble anyone could imagine - we CCA'd them - we got copy of application form, their letters inferred that if it went to court and she did not disclose her financial affairs a judge could imprison her -when this came through I was all for driving down to their head office and sorting out the person who wrote this - but common sense prevailed and won the day -I compained to FSA and Crapbot said it was back in hands of Cap 1., We got letter through yesterday and Cap 1 wrote the following:

"We hereby give notice of Assignment of the debt due to us from you in respect of the balance of BLAH.

On the 12/02/09 your account was sold to Lowell Portfolio. - now then - in exactly the same post drop Lowell sent a letter( how convenient for them to arrive with the same postie) " I write to inform you that your cap 1 account has been sold to us - we have been appointed as duly authorised agents to recover the outstanding balance BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Now - we could not get a notice of assignment from Capquest or cap 1 for Capquest handling, they got their fingers wrapped of FSA for their conduct previously, so my question is - they knew thy went about it the wrong way the first time - so how does this make things correct in their eyes the second time, and also if a debt has been sold once how can it be sold twice and can anyone tell me what chicken **** are they playing at now, is it legal or are they chancing their arm, after the threats the first time off their preffered collectors I am not in the mood for this ***** or these t****.

Hi ! great you gave capquest grief!I am afraid just because capquest gave up and sent your accountback to crapital one you will find that Crapital one usually makes several attempts to pass on and or sell your account to other low life pondfeeder DCAs in a desperate attempt to get peanuts back for their probably unenforceable debt!So i am afaid the cycle starts over and over again!and you have to write out all the same letters pointing out your rights and going through complaints again and again with different collecters lowells is a different DCA from Capquest.so in the eyes of FOS OFT TS etc etc they are a different crediter.Very annoying i know but it will all be part of the game until crapital one give up and the debt eventually hopefully becomes statue barred unless a person decides to take them to court to get agreement declared unenforceable!

Edited by sunflower99

Hi Sunflower

Yes i was told by the CCCS who contacted me after she work out my incomings and outgoings too.

1, Take out a secured loan, how as the credit card companies defaulted me.

2, Take out a second morgage how can i do that?

3, Sell the house and move into something smaller?

4, Cut back on what i spend out each month?

These are some off the answers i was told by CCCS, also she did say that all credit cards Agreements are enforceable and see's no reason for any company to send out an unenforceable agreement.

That's the sort of person i was speaking to on CCCS.

Gaz

Hi Gaz

What awful advice,Surely OFT guidlines say a adviser should not recommend someone take out a second mortgage /secured loan on a unsecured loan!and as you say how can you on your income and as you say having a tattered credit rating,They are ridiculous

Hi Thrubolt

If you look at Zazen warriors thread called are Crapital really that stupid you will see how their account gets passed on from DCA to DCA and it is really amusing how they see of each DCA just like their nickname! I think it is a great thread!:D

They don't know what day of the week it is so ignore them. I've had my say with them and now I am going to let them play pass the parcel to their hearts content - numpties.

Yes i dont think Crap one know what they are doing LOL Just cant beleive ive stopped getting calls fro them!

I notice a lot of DCAs just ring and hang up when they get answer machine!:D

I was reading somewhere that these calls are a machine which is calling just to work out what time of day you actually answer the phone, once this is established a human gives it a go.

Regarding Capone I haven't heard from them for quite some time now *shrug*

:roll:

• Haha 1

Hi Thrubolt,

There are a lot of threads on Lowell. Capone just keep playing their stupid game - don't supply an original agreement as they are required to do, and then instruct different DCAs who all have to be seen off with the usual letters, and all the time it takes.

Sunflower and everyone else,

I thought they had shut up because I threatened to report them for harassment, but clearly they have gone quiet for a lot of us. I do hope they are leaving everyone alone, and not just those of us who are on CAG and fighting back.

They are probably reading CAG and realizing they are not going to be getting very far with a considerable number of us.

DD

• Haha 1

I was reading somewhere that these calls are a machine which is calling just to work out what time of day you actually answer the phone, once this is established a human gives it a go.

Don't be daft, where would they get one of those?

David

• Haha 1