Cabot Financial Reply To CCA Request?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I would like some advice on what to do next if anyone has time please.

This is a very old debt. even I'm not sure who it was originally with, what it was for & how old it is. I think it's about 1996 or even earlier.

I know I transferred it to a debt agency (I paid them & they paid my debts after taking out a fee) around 1998 ish.

I then paid it direct some time after, once I realised that paying that agency £30 a month of my money was not a good idea.

I think the debt has been sold on 3 times since then.

I have paid them (whoever was asking for it) a regular £10 @ month since.

The debt stands at over £2000 according to Cabot.

But as I say I have no idea how much of this money I do indeed still owe.

I discovered this site a while ago & decided maybe it was time to do some financial spring cleaning.

I've just received the response to my CCA request from Cabot Financial. They've returned my £1 postal order and stated that ..

..They are not obliged to provide such info

..They have returned my £1 fee (what do I do with it? It's crossed payable to them)

.. They anticipate being able to provide this info in 12 days

If any one has any knowledge of where I go next with it I would be very grateful.

Below is the letter recieved today. They were very fast in dealing with it. I only posted the request last Friday.

Thank you

ITO

scanpic023.jpg

As spamheed says, this is the exact same templated response that Crapbot give to the vast majority of CCA requests. At least this letter is proof that they received your request and signed for it, which is more than a lot of people get.

All you can do now is wait to see what comes back. If noting happens for 12+2 working days after you sent the request, you can send the Account in Dispute letter, or you can wait until Crapbot come back again before you send it. After the 12+2 days, if nothing has come back, you are within your rights to stop paying them until they do produce an enforceable agreement.

I really don't know what they think they gain by pretending not to be obliged to provide the information, as they put it. Everybody who receives this drivel will already know that they are obliged to provide it, otherwise they wouldn't have requested it in the first place.

SH

Thanks to you both.

I think they acknowledged my request because I put my monthly cheque in the same envelope. They could hardly say they have not received the CCA when they have already cashed the cheque. But having read some of these threads I guess any thing is possible. I've never known them cash a cheque so fast!

I sent a CCA to Robinson Way for a debt just as old on the same day so I am waiting for their response. I'll start a new thread on that when I hear from them.

Does everyone have the £1 fee returned?

Had I known I would not have had it payable to them.

Cabot return the £1 but you have to send it as part of the legal requirements for requesting a copy of the agreement. What they do with it then is up to them. You have proof you sent it and that is all that matters.

Cabot return the £1 but you have to send it as part of the legal requirements for requesting a copy of the agreement. What they do with it then is up to them. You have proof you sent it and that is all that matters.

Thank you.

Just been having another look at the response to my cca request letter.

It states my original lender as citifinancail & that it was a loan.

I have never had a loan from citifiancail. I believe them to be one of the previous owners of this debt, not the original lender. Prior to them it was someone else.

I have also been reading a correspondence from Cabot dated November 2006. It's a shame I did not know about the CCA back then.

One of the paragraphs state;

'If for any reason, payments are not received by the agreed dates, the arrangement will be cancelled & we will enforce our right to payment under the original terms & conditions.'

It states T & C's not contract. So is that in itself evidence that they do not have the original contract?

Edited by Is this ok?

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone

I would like some advice on what to do next if anyone has time please.

This is a very old debt. even I'm not sure who it was originally with, what it was for & how old it is. I think it's about 1996 or even earlier.

I know I transferred it to a debt agency (I paid them & they paid my debts after taking out a fee) around 1998 ish.

I then paid it direct some time after, once I realised that paying that agency £30 a month of my money was not a good idea.

I think the debt has been sold on 3 times since then.

I have paid them (whoever was asking for it) a regular £10 @ month since.

The debt stands at over £2000 according to Cabot.

But as I say I have no idea how much of this money I do indeed still owe.

I discovered this site a while ago & decided maybe it was time to do some financial spring cleaning.

I've just received the response to my CCA request from Cabot Financial. They've returned my £1 postal order and stated that ..

..They are not obliged to provide such info

..They have returned my £1 fee (what do I do with it? It's crossed payable to them)

.. They anticipate being able to provide this info in 12 days

If any one has any knowledge of where I go next with it I would be very grateful.

Below is the letter recieved today. They were very fast in dealing with it. I only posted the request last Friday.

Thank you

ITO

scanpic023.jpg

I have 3 accounts with Cabot and i have sent 3 CCA requests, and have the same 3 standard letters from them, let us know how you get on.

I have 3 accounts with Cabot and i have sent 3 CCA requests, and have the same 3 standard letters from them, let us know how you get on.

I get letters from them every few weeks but none of them are my CCA. They all state similar things. The last one said that I could apply to the Original creditor for the CCA if I liked. Don't think so! It's more than obvious that there is no CCA.

Cabot like sending letters. Do they own a paper mill?

Is this ok? Re: Cabot Financial Reply To CCA Request?

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueda viewpost.gif

I get letters from them every few weeks but none of them are my CCA. They all state similar things. The last one said that I could apply to the Original creditor for the CCA if I liked. Don't think so! It's more than obvious that there is no CCA.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

What rubish from them, they are legally obliged to supply the CCA. not you. Have you sent them the follow up letter giving them 30 days,? during which time you can withhold payment as the account is in dispute, if you cant find the letter template, i can give you a link to it.

What rubish from them, they are legally obliged to supply the CCA. not you. Have you sent them the follow up letter giving them 30 days,? during which time you can withhold payment as the account is in dispute, if you cant find the letter template, i can give you a link to it.

I have not sent them the follow up letter but they have sent a response to what would have been it. They love sending them so much they are ahead of me.

It's just filed away with the other letters from them. They have put a hold on the account due to not having the cca so I'm not overly bothered about it now.

I find it amusing to see how many different ways they inform me of the same thing.

They do not have the CCA. This acc is years old & has been passed from dca to dca a number of times.

I almost look forward to the next Cabot letter.:D

Edited by Is this ok?

Didn't mean to sound glib - there's more I could say, but won't for now... except that I do wonder whether their long-term aim is to send people crazy. I hope to say more fairly soon.

Just don't let them send you crazy. They're not worth it.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Probably better to send them the follow up letter, the one that tells them that the account is in dispute, and tells them

YOU MAY NOT DEMAND ANY PAYMENT ON THIS ACCOUNT, NOR AM I OBLIGED TO OFFER ANY PAYMENT TO YOU.

YOU MAY NOT ADD ANY FURTHER INTEREST OR CHARGES TO THIS ACCOUNT.

YOU MAY NOT PASS THIS ACCOUNT TO ANY THIRD PARTY.

Hi again is this ok. If you go on to the section Dealing with debt in Scotland, and click on the thread, help with 1st credit, you will find the letter pasted on by the scorpion, keep in touch and let me know what Cabot also known as crapbot get up to. In response to 3 CCA requests i sent them, the amount claimed that i owe has gone up, the RBS one is more than double, this makes me all the more determined to take them on.

Cabot are trying to get people to pay statute barred debts. I hope you haven't paid anything to them apart from the £1 as in oder to be SB you must not have paid anything towards the debt nor admitted it in six years. Make sure you state clearly on each letter that you do not acknowledge any debt.

I had a letter like that of Cabot after I sent them a CCA!

They returned my pound so 12 days later I sent them another letter to follow up my 1st 1 and they have put my account on hold permantly;)

And all because they could'nt supply the info required:D

Probably better to send them the follow up letter, the one that tells them that the account is in dispute, and tells them

YOU MAY NOT DEMAND ANY PAYMENT ON THIS ACCOUNT, NOR AM I OBLIGED TO OFFER ANY PAYMENT TO YOU.

YOU MAY NOT ADD ANY FURTHER INTEREST OR CHARGES TO THIS ACCOUNT.

YOU MAY NOT PASS THIS ACCOUNT TO ANY THIRD PARTY.

I have just had another look through my Cabot letters. I did send them a account in dispute letter. I now remember thinking I had not needed to have bothered because the day after I posted it I had the reply to it. Yes they were ahead of me with it but I did actually send them one & have proof it was delivered.

Have had the usual bumph from them since saying they are still awaiting a response from the OC.

Cabot are trying to get people to pay statute barred debts. I hope you haven't paid anything to them apart from the £1 as in oder to be SB you must not have paid anything towards the debt nor admitted it in six years. Make sure you state clearly on each letter that you do not acknowledge any debt.

I meant that if I receive as many letters for the next 6 years until it becomes SB then I'll have enough to paper the shed with.:rolleyes:

My last & final payment to them was last Nov sent alongside the CCA request.

I had a letter like that of Cabot after I sent them a CCA!

They returned my pound so 12 days later I sent them another letter to follow up my 1st 1 and they have put my account on hold permantly;)

And all because they could'nt supply the info required:D

Have they actually said your account is on permanent hold?

The one but last letter of mine says that as a gesture of goodwill they will put the acc on hold until they receive further commincation from the OC.

The last one says that they still cannot provide me with my requested info.It does say that they are working hard to obtain it.

In 2 letters they say that the OC have not been able to locate it from their archives. Cabot state that they will continue to ask the OC for the info & that they hope to receive it shortly.