Billed for Amazon items i did not order nor see

anonymous1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please accept my apologies,

i had noticed that i had some DD entries that were not correct so i was filing an indemnity claim, and i was asked to check for how many instances there were.

Looking back i can also see there are several Amazon purchases that are not mine (yes i know i am useless at checking my accounts my wife already says this) and they go back to last year,

i have contacted Amazon and given them a list via their chat service and they are looking at them now,

my question is who do i claim this against ,

Amazon or my bank as i cant seem to find anything related to fraudulent purchases via Amazon only items not delivered when purchased,

i can just see this being a bum fight between them  as to who refunds it.

• dx100uk changed the title to Billed for Amazon items i did not order nor see

so these items billed to you were not ordered by you, you didnt received them, and never had an amazon account?

sounds like identity theft to me?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Related in a way because i only found out about these after checking the DD that should never have gone out,

there are payments of £900 one of £700 etc, and no they have not been ordered by myself or my wife.

The thing is again i discovered that we (my wife and i) were both paying for Amazon Prime and video, so when trying to sort that out i saw these entries that are definitely not mine nor my wife's.

its fraud but who do i go to , to get them to investigate and refund?

well its not fraud on amazons behalf, sorry..i doubt it is fraud at all.

sound more like possible identity theft, someone hacked one of your devices , set this up and ordered things.

you need to get atleast one £79?? refunded for amazon prime and any prime VIDEO payments fully refunded under the DD guarantee via your bank,

your story is still a wee bit unclear.

have you checked the delivery address under orders for the (were they ordered items?) costing £700 & £900?

is it the same as the your home address?

if it is, then unless someone was waiting outside your home to intercept the deliveries, and you can prove it. you are going to have a hard time getting these refunded.

expand your story please.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply, we are looking through the transactions now to see what addresses were used for the transactions, i have definitely not ordered anything of that value to those dates, surely transactions are covered with the bank for fraud?

Well you can do that yourself by logging into your account at Amazon checking dates delivery address payment method and email contact details as amazon always email you a copy of purchase and also details of delivery.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

it is NOT FRAUD.

dx

and they

I beg to differ.

Based on the information given, it is 100% fraudulent activity on Amazon platform AND on the bank account honouring these unauthorized DD's

I'd be interested in hearing DX100UK's reasons for being so confident it isn't that he felt the need to shout with capitals? 

It is not fraud until proven.  You suspect it is, because you cannot identify having bought the items or received them.

With items valued £700 & £900, Amazon secure the delivery process by providing the Amazon account holder with a code.  This is then provided to the Amazon delivery driver and they ask for the code to be confirmed, before they hand over the items.

You need to check your Amazon account for exact details of the orders, check your emails that you would have received around the time and if you cannot find the information, you need to contact Amazon customer services.

Neither your Bank or Amazon are going to refund you money, until you have provided compelling evidence.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the bank did not act in a fraudulent manner by allowing the transactions, how could they know?

same goes for amazon. sorry but thats the short and tall of it.

i'd stop wasting your time randomly firing arrows in all directions or mudslinging - hoping something sticks until you investigate the account(s).

all amazon transactions as @Andyorch indicated, are recorded,

you should have one device which is your 'master' if you like, typically it's a mobile phone with the amazon app on. have you?

log-in to your amazon account that all the devices are registered to.

then look CAREFULLY at the transactions log, it will give the device name/number/id etc that was used to make these buys.

one of them has been compromised and the account details taken.

though ill expect you'll a  find a device.... laptop/pc/imac, ipad/phone or WHY... has been externally hacked, and that will have your banking details on too.

have you actually run a virus scan on every device you use amazon on that is capable of ordering things?

and they

Most people have security on the devices they use. When you makes purchases for these values there is security on the transactions.

I suspect your partner or someone close to you with access to your Amazon account has bought the items and has not told you. 

Suggest you look closer to home.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread