My New Website

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5635 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have decided to follow through with an idea I had a while ago and launch my own website. The aim of the website is to give a source of information to enable people to make their own minds up regarding current news and political developments.

It is a forum based site which then feeds information to the front page of the site.

The site already has a few members (all of which are people you already know from this site) and the discussions are already starting.

Please feel free to come over, register for the site, and join in the discussions.

The activation emails are taking their time to come through at the moment so I am manually activating accounts as soon as they appear on my control panel.

This is a continuously evolving project and I am open to ideas and suggestions to improve it. I will also be looking to recruit a team to help run the site and hope to have the help of some of my old CAG friends.

Blueskies Site

Steve

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

I had a cool idea, for a website. Selling nothing, absolutely nothing. People pay and get a receipt for nothing, which they can put in a card, to say the got someone nothing for xmas etc. I got all the way to the final stages, when I was informed the TAX office and Office of Fair Trading would close it down. Shame really, all the Americains that would of fell for it.:D

www.nwcpnefc.co.uk/forum football, whinging and anything else

I been to see the Doctor and hes diagnosed me with Excessive DCA Crank call Syndrome.

I had a cool idea, for a website. Selling nothing, absolutely nothing. People pay and get a receipt for nothing, which they can put in a card, to say the got someone nothing for xmas etc. I got all the way to the final stages, when I was informed the TAX office and Office of Fair Trading would close it down. Shame really, all the Americains that would of fell for it.:D

I would have thought you could challenge this under the monopolies statutes, why are the banks the only people to be allowed to do this? :rolleyes:

The site has got off to a bit of a rocky start but that will (hopefully) change when I change to a more reliable web host next week. The site is still open however and I am going to just port it all to the new web host.

I have learned a valuable lesson in this - When it comes to webservers you get what you pay for - the site will be moving from a free web host to a paid one.

There is a bad time lag between registering and receiving the activation email. I am manually overriding this as and when I see people join in the control panel.

Also PM's are switched off by default. This is occuring because of the bridging software between the front page and the forum. I aim to solve this with a little bit of code (still a bit new to PHP coding so if anyone out there can help it will be much appreciated). Until then you can manually switch PMs on or ask me to do it.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Thought the 'link' was dodgy ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert