What happens to CCJ if you go bankrupt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yes

Thank you for replying. I am in such a muddle I don't know what I am doing half the time. I had a good job got made redundant and now am facing letters through the door for non payment of cards etc - jumping everytime the buzzer goes. Faced with the prospect of not having anywhere to live - its all a nightmare.

Thank you once again for answering my question.

Thank you for replying. I am in such a muddle I don't know what I am doing half the time. I had a good job got made redundant and now am facing letters through the door for non payment of cards etc - jumping everytime the buzzer goes. Faced with the prospect of not having anywhere to live - its all a nightmare.

Thank you once again for answering my question.

Have you posted detaisl of your situation anywhere?

Either stick a link here or post details and I'll have a proper look tonight when I am home, see how we can help.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Have you posted detaisl of your situation anywhere?

Either stick a link here or post details and I'll have a proper look tonight when I am home, see how we can help.

I have a large mortgage which I have been paying as I have redundancy money. I have not paid any loans or credit cards. Have spoken to National Debt Line they said take a lodger. Write to debtors offering nothing as I do not have any income. A lodger would help but I think it is only stalling the end. If I go bankrupt how long before I would have to move out? There would be little or no equity.

Prospect of finding a job nil at the moment because there is nothing out there. Sorry to sound so negative.

I know I should go bankrupt but I don't know where I will live. I won't pass a credit check for alternative private renting as I received a vist from the County Court regarding a CCJ. What a life - must have done something horrible in a previous life.

Are you back in employment now? Can you afford the mortgage? You wont neccasarily lose your house in BR, in fact with little or no equity it is unlikely. How much are your debts in total?

Are there any arrears on the mortgage?

Have read here...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/formal-solutions-bankruptcy-administration/56970-insolvency-dealing-debt.html

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

sorry to hijack but if you are a CCJ and it is stayed due to the BR ( as the judge cannot adjudicate) unilt atutomatic or early discharge. what happened to the CCJ after discharge ?

The debt should have been included in the BR and therfore no further action can be taken on it.

• 1 year later...

Hi evryone hope someone may be able to give me some advice.

I am currently almost at the point of making an appointment at court to declare myself bankrupt. Everything is filled in with the help of the cab money advice unit. I am just trying to get the money together because I got made redundant. Because I have stopped maing any payments towards any of my debts on the cab's advice I am now getting threatening letters about court action, ccj's etc. All my credit is unsecured and I have no assets and have just moved to my dads whilst I get through this. Obviously I dont want people turning up at my dads door, he doesn't need it. One inparticular keeps asking me on the phone how close I am to having the money to go bankrupt obviously I say nothing. But do I just ignore these threats? or is there something I should tell them? At the very latest it will be Jan when I finally go bankrupt.

any advice would be great

good luck everyone

mark

Marke32