Hi, I took out an IVA in May last year rather foolishly, trying to do the right thing. Is there any way I can get out of the IVA?

My Debts were as follows..

HSBC Credit Card

Virgin Credit Card

Post Office Credit Card

Tesco Bank Credit Card

Barclaycard Credit Card

Updraft - Loan

Creation Finance

Topic moved to the appropriate forum .Formal Solutions: Bankruptcy, Administration Orders, Debt Relief Orders and IVAs

Depends on what reason ?

If say for example you are struggling to pay you will need to show why you can't afford to pay it any more - for example, you can't work because of sickness or disability or you're struggling with the cost of living. If your creditors agree, your remaining debt will be 'written off' - this means you don't have to pay it.

Although you should not take this decision lightly, you are within your rights to terminate your IVA at any point during the duration of its term. You should not decide to do this without having a long and frank discussion with your insolvency practitioner

If its found that there was an irregularity and the court is satisfied that the creditor making the application has been unfairly prejudiced or that there has been a material irregularity, the court can: Revoke the approval of the IVA. Summon a further meeting of creditors.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 weeks later...

:thumb:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...