HFO Services refuse to commuinate in writing - help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

My father has two debts which have been sold to HFO Services. When the debts were first passed to HFO they contstantly rang him at all hours of the day and even at work.

We sent them the harassment letter that we found on this fourm and the calls stopped.

We then requested the CCA for each of the debts. We received these however one of them was photocopy which had been shrunk to less than half of the original size and most of the T&C's are illegible.

For the illegible CCA we wrote back to them asking for a copy that was readable. For the other other CCA we wrote back asking them to freeze further interest charges, take accept a monthly payment that my father could afford and for themto send a payment book.

We sent these letters by recorded delivery every month from notification of the debt September 2007 and have never had written communication back. (The last letter we sent in February).

Then last week the phonecalls started again. The caller was from India and said they would not communicate in writing as it takes too long. They also said the only way they could accept payment was via direct debit. They would not tell my dad what the statement of accounts are so we have no idea how much interest charges they have addded to the original debt.

Please can anyone advise what my dad should do next?

Thanks

They are being unreasonable IMO....it is a very reasonable request for you to ask for everything in writing.....I would send them a LETTER BEFORE ACTION about the harrassment, and either (if you have the resources) take them to court, or report them to the FOS, OFT and TS, and your MP also....

Also does the CCA they have sent (not the one that is illegible) have the prescribed terms on it ?

• Haha 1

Can you scan your Dad's copies of what they call CCA's and upload them on here so that they can be checked for you.

I agree with Havinastella, don't pay them anything and send them the phone harassment letter again.

In the meantime, when they do ring, refuse to answer any security questions, or if you know it is them calling, ignore the phone.

Your Dad might need to send a S.A.R request to them to get copies of all details on the account.

I am sure somebody will be along to advise you further soon. :)

• Haha 1

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

when u send the letter put at the bottom.

CC.

trading standard,

OFT,

FOS,

MP

that way they cant say u never informed them u were in contact with other ppl.

just star a file for them all so u can send it when necessary.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Please can anyone advise what my dad should do next?

Thanks

Does your dad need to keep that number?

If only the family & a few friends phone you can get a new number for about 30 quid & have it XD.

Your friends in India will soon find a pen then lol.

TOP TIP : Try telling the phone company that the last two numbers when reversed are the local taxi company & your father is getting calls at 2am from drunks trying to get a lift home.

They might change it for you.:wink:

BT changed my number for free about 6 months ago.

I just explained to them that I was getting "marketing" calls all the time.

The truth was I was being hounded by crap1, towards the end we were getting 20 + calls a day.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

If you have already sent the harassment letter then it's quite simple.

1. Keep a log of all the calls.

2. Pop down to your nearest police station and lodge a formal complaint about harassment by the DCA. Take the log with you as well as a copy of the letter (and proof of posting if you have it).

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I quite agree with Palomino....if they say it is a 'civil' dispute, then ask for an appointment with the most senior officer at the station, Harrassment is not a civil matter, it is a criminal matter....

I quite agree with Palomino....if they say it is a 'civil' dispute, then ask for an appointment with the most senior officer at the station, Harrassment is not a civil matter, it is a criminal matter....

...and if you dont believe these two try phoning someone who's mate is a Copper 20 times a day.

Many thanks for all of the great advice received so far! Please see attached the two documents we received in response to the CCA requests. Are these the correct documents we should have received?

HFO Morgan Stanley CCA.pdf

HFO Monument CCA v2.pdf

Edited by findingmy_s
addition of new attachment

i cant really read it as it starts to blur when i try and enlarge it.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Actually the police are fairly hot on harassment because of different circumstances : stalkers. You're unlikely to be brushed off.

In saying that of course, all the police are likely to do is ring up the offender and tell them to be good boys and girls in future. The offenders most likely will behave but it's most unlikely that the matter will ever get into court.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Whatever you do DO NOT set up a direct debit as the company can change the amount and date whenever they want.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Any payments have to be on your terms and u need to make that very clear to the company.