HBOS and OH's card debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keefy - thanks for the info! I've been off for a while, so sorry for not getting back sooner.

I can't believe it's not covered past the UK????? What exactly is the point of it if it's not for the whole journey?

I've had several more 'we have you item' messages now and it is definitely the new way they're doing it, but as has been said, this often doesn't change to 'delivered' so is next to useless. Perhaps it's a way of trying to get people to upgrade to Special delivery?

back to this, did you ever get it sorted?

back to this, did you ever get it sorted?

How are you after your terrible problems with the wine glass? I have that with vodka bottles - they all have leaks in them;)

And no, primarily because I've been a bit of a lazy git and haven't contacted rm to complain. Essentially though it seems that paying for recorded is pretty pointless if it never gets past the 'we have your item' bit. How do you prove delivery if they don't update properly?:mad:

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

How are you after your terrible problems with the wine glass? I have that with vodka bottles - they all have leaks in them;)

And no, primarily because I've been a bit of a lazy git and haven't contacted rm to complain. Essentially though it seems that paying for recorded is pretty pointless if it never gets past the 'we have your item' bit. How do you prove delivery if they don't update properly?:mad:

I have had a few of those, although it is clear that they have responded to the letters.

I am sending more letters out now with just a first class stamp. Apart from the realy important ones, I think you can expect them to receive them. If they deny it, then tough on them. That after all is what they say to us about their mail.

I am sending more letters out now with just a first class stamp. Apart from the realy important ones, I think you can expect them to receive them. If they deny it, then tough on them. That after all is what they say to us about their mail.

I sometimes cut corners on the less important ones by buying the postage online from Royal Mail, then when you set the print up I put PROOF OF POSTING in place of return address in top left corner.

Means you have a receipt for it, specifically addressed to the recipient, and dated. It's hardly likely you'd buy it then not use it, so it's a good cheap method.

Well I'll act as your control. If the same thing happens with my brandy and coke I think we're onto something.

Maybe a conspiracy whereby CAGGERs are having their beverages syphoned off for resale by DCAs to offset unenforceable agreements...

shocked-look-on-a-monkeys-face.jpg

Its all become clear now. A conspiracy.

I sometimes cut corners on the less important ones by buying the postage online from Royal Mail, then when you set the print up I put PROOF OF POSTING in place of return address in top left corner.

Means you have a receipt for it, specifically addressed to the recipient, and dated. It's hardly likely you'd buy it then not use it, so it's a good cheap method.

Good point Elsa, I will try that

I have had a few of those, although it is clear that they have responded to the letters.

All you really need proof of is that you HAVE posted it.. you can get this PoP free at the post office counter:)

In respect of RD/SD where Royal Mail's Track and Trace shows no signature/or delivery details.

Download the form from their site copy the slips you are given at the post office.. Then list all the letters that you have no delivery/signature details and send a covering letter.

They will either write to you with a copy of the signature/delivery details or advise that it is considered lost and in respect of RD give you stamps to the value of your letter/postage and in respect of SD send you a cheque.

"Dear Sirs,

I am at the present in contact with quite a few finance and subsidiary companies.

As there is a possibility of court action between myself and these companies. I have to be able to not only prove that a letter has been sent, but delivered as well.

I have taken advantage of the supposedly secure and foolproof method of proving that my letters ARE being received. However, on many occasion your Track n Trace web site facility shows letters either static at the point of posting, not delivered, not signed for, or just plain missing with no details.

This is not acceptable.

As I will need to produce in court the original reciepts as evidence that I at least did make the effort to get my letter(s) where and when I say I did then I am unable to provide you with these and attach copies in order for you to investigate.

I look forward to hearing from you , etc.. "

Interesting, Elsa.. how do you do this please ?

Damn the blighters! They can have my kidneys but I draw the line at my brandy!!!

I'll fox their dastardly conspiracy..I'll officially become an adept of Freemanism, then they'll leave me alone eh...eh?

Morgan Freeman...sigh >>>>>>>>>>>>>> faint:-D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undercover-Elsa viewpost.gif

Interesting, Elsa.. how do you do this please ?

Hi Citib :)

Just log onto Royal mail and register for an online account. Then you can buy postage, you input size/weight of envelope, the address and (as said I put PROOF OF POSTING instead of a return address) it then automatically creates a printed label with a barcode, which you can print straight onto an envelope or label.You can access your account anytime to see what you've printed before, including receipt for payment.

I then just post them in normal post box its not TECHNICALLY proof but they think it is cos it says so..LOL, and as you can at least prove you bought postage on that day for that address, its better than nothing if you're stuck and can't get to PO. (If you can get to PO you can of course do this and get a free Proof of Posting receipt too).

I figured this way out as I can only get to a PO once a week and standing in front of a long queue of Calendar Girls at the village PO sending loads of Registered Mail to Retail Bank Collections etc...is not my kind of fun! :D

Damn the blighters! They can have my kidneys but I draw the line at my brandy!!!

I'll fox their dastardly conspiracy..I'll officially become an adept of Freemanism, then they'll leave me alone eh...eh?

So that's what happened!!!! All this time I thought I had renal disease but in fact it was the bleedin' banks!!

I've got them though as little do they know, I have a spare. Yes, in addition to my posh windows I am that posh that I've got 3 kidneys. Better keep that one on the down low or they'll be after it as a down payment on one of my cards:eek:

ps - thanks for the letter CB. I can see a few books of stamps heading my way with the amount they've cocked up on!

Well, it happened with my brandy last night.

Just to be on the safe side, I'm testing the theory again tonight.

Brandy is actually quite a POSH drink so I hope that's in order?

In view of your posh status Lexis, and your superfluous kidney, I think you need to upgrade to TenaMILADY.

Elsa x

Edited by Undercover-Elsa

Brandy is actually quite a POSH drink so I hope that's in order?

In view of your posh status Lexis, and your superfluous kidney, I think you need to upgrade to TenaMILADY.

Elsa x

Hi there Elsa,

...also with brandy usually comes a "Romeo Y Juliet" cigar:D

DD

I'm here!!

Sorry, I was so busy staring out of my posh windows whilst opening and closing my posh door that I forgot to look in here.

Oh, and while I think about it - Oi Elsa - Tenamilady??? Not for another few years thank you very much. Or, you know, when I laugh a lot:D:lol:

Lexis!!!

I didn't mean step THAT far away from the keyboard...

Come back! We promise to be good, don't we Vint.

Vint??

Hello????

Sorry Elsa, Her insida de doors, she who must be obeyed, insisted that I finish tiling the bathroom yesterday:sad: I am driven like a slave!

Could be that Lexis is away from the keyboard, having been upset by the fact that the Posh windows need more cleaning, now there is press interest. Any news on the Butcher.

I'm here!!

Sorry, I was so busy staring out of my posh windows whilst opening and closing my posh door that I forgot to look in here.

Oh, and while I think about it - Oi Elsa - Tenamilady??? Not for another few years thank you very much. Or, you know, when I laugh a lot:D:lol:

There she is:)

Just waiting for them to market Tenaman. The nappy for the decerning gent:D

POSH LEXIS, CAT FLAP AND WIDOW QUEEN THAT ATE 12 DEAD SHEEP!, IN NEW TENALADY AND NAPPY SCANDAL.

Our intrepid reporter caught up with Lexis yesterday, while cleaning her windows. " Have you seen my posh door" was her only response to our probing questions.

Investigations continue into the dissapearance of a lorry load of Tenalady. Lexis has so far denied involvement stating " I dont need those for another few years, thank you very much". This reported has his doubts, looking at the soft white pads being used to clean Lexis's windows.