Solicitors now picking up the bait !!!

psmith64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5756 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Even bona fide solicitors are picking up that CCA's sometimes are not enforceable:-

Are you paying an unenforceable loan/credit card????

The tide is turning on all these DCA turds

Edited by jonni2bad
Link removed

Be handy if they come up against Cabot or Lowells!!

I hope they tear holes in the Rankine arguement.

Vodafone - Default removed (07/01/07).

MBNA - Claim settled with contractual interest and adjusted credit file to show no late payments (12/02/07).

CABOT - Taken to Court by Cabot/Morgan over alleged credit card debt, case dismissed (06/12/10).

Good to see CAG being mentioned too!:cool:

So much for the comments by was it the head of Cabot?? about there being a lot of misleading/inaccurate information on consumer websites, ha, I know who I would rather believe out of a qualified solicitor or some knuckle dragging neanderthal head of a DCA:p

It's a shame they didn't catch on sooner, a lot of people wouldn't have had as much worry.

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yeah there are now a few of these popping up.

Jumping on the bandwagon i think just charging for what we do.

I would not advise you use these as they will expect u to pay them huge amounts of fees. More than a small donation towards here will cost.

This is another thread on the same thing Credit agreement checking companies

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Interesting how Solicitors say we are correct in our interpretations, yet the debt collectors say we are "misguided" ..

Now.. which ones have the most legal training... hmmm.. let me think about this for one nanosecond :D

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

The solicitors will always say they are correct. This is the way solicitors think, and in any case they wouldn't get much business if they said they weren't!

I don't feel that the solicitors are doing wrong by touting their services in this way. It's not dishonest, they don't tell lies or abuse, insult or humiliate people. I don't feel they are taking advantage of the disadvantaged provided they give a proper service.

For some people the use of a solicitor may be the most appropriate course of action.

• Haha 1

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

yes i agree there may not be any other way but half the info the sol will give you is here for free. The sol will charge u for the fact they told u to cca the company we dont.

Any way what is problem for me is that a lot of these companys cant do anything unless the debt is over 5k we help ppl even if the debt is 1p.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Ahh.. "credittoday" You can guarantee that if it was written for "consumertoday" it would have a totally different slant on the angle :)

Nothing like writing for your audience.

I agree with poster above though. What a lot of smoke and whistles. It all boils down to that last sentence: "providing the lender has the comfort of an executed agreement" So it took 10 paragraphs of saying these things don't matter.... IF..!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

I remember that name Rankine - they were on a local news programme in the Midlands and they were proclaiming they had won their case and they could do the same for you and set up a website. I think they charged about £500 or £750 to "review" any credit agreements you had to tell you if you could wriggle out of them like they had, interesting.

"providing the lender has the comfort of an executed agreement..."

Absolutely correct, Mr Shaw.

Only thing is, in the two years I've spent trawling these threads, I've only ever seen two or three legally enforceable credit agreements, and I've NEVER seen an enforceable credit card agreement.

Most credit card "debt" is made up of interest and charges.

Its fairly easy to prove you paid back the actual money you spent on the card,

(just get your statements. Add up what you spent, then add up what you paid back.

Chances are you repaid the amount borrowed over the life of the card.)

So the last refuge on the moral high ground of the DCA " You have borrowed, so must repay"

is simply so much self-rightous hot air. The balance can only be interest and unlawful charges.

However, without an enforceable agreement, there can be no proof that you ever agreed to pay interest on it.

Using these same statements, you can, of course prove that unlawful charges were made and force them to reimburse you, plus the amount of fake interest you were scammed into paying on them!

Edited by noomill060

lol that makes me laugh

Post-Rankine creditors can claim what they like, but they rapidly start back peddling when you point out the weaknesses of the Rankin Judgement.

They have never gone in front of a judge against a Cagger using the Rankine judgement.

Well thats good to know as I will be appearing in a court somewhere soon against a creditor who is currently using that argument.