1st credit - legal threats in default of CCA. What should I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a CCA request to First Credit last month, which they acknowledged with the usual "we don't hold this, we'll get hold if it and send it to you." The 12+2 days is now up.

Today I received a letter from LCS solicitors (their in-house legal team) saying full payment is made within 14 days, they'll make a country court claim adding costs etc. It also says they are not instructed to enter into correspondence with me, I need to write to 1st Credit.

How should I respond, and who should I send it to?

M99

Send this to LCS...(by recorded delivery)

Dear Sirs

I refer to your letter of XXXX 2008 which was received today.

Frankly, I am surprised of the need to advise a firm of solicitors about the terms and conditions surrounding my Consumer Credit Agreement request (Consumer Credit Act, 1974); dated XXXX 2008 for which I have proof of receipt . I can only assume therefore that they failed to inform you of their non compliance. Your client had until (12+2 days after sending date) 2008 to comply with a legal request.

Should your client persist with threats of legal action as stated in your letter, I will welcome the opportunity for a judge to look at several offences committed by your client under The Consumer Credit Act, 1974, as well as your client’s non-compliance with and total disregard for the law on this occasion.

• Haha 1

I agree with ODC. I sent a CCA request to 1st Credit over 3 years ago, to which they have never provided one, but still continue to send periodic letters and threats from their associated companies! I am seriously considering reporting them to OFT, Trading Standards and FOS. If they carry out a credit/address search on Equifax or Experian, is this illegal?

Well, technically they weren't in default when they wrote the letter. The default date was today, the letter was dated the 4th.

Should I still report them to OFT or wait for another letter?

I am still going to write a the suggested reply - as pt said, I think it's important to reply to anything they put in writing, in case it does end up in court.

LCS should still know that the CCA request is oustanding and shouldn't be writing to you at all. It's intimidation and does not negate their client's duties whatever date they write!!!

Reply to LCS with a one liner telling them you're waiting for a CCA request that's now in default.

Wonder what the news from Reigate will be tonight...1st crud using their bully boys LCS a few days short of the CCA deadline to frighten people. Oh dear, nawty, nawty :p

LCS should still know that the CCA request is oustanding and shouldn't be writing to you at all. It's intimidation and does not negate their client's duties whatever date they write!!!

Reply to LCS with a one liner telling them you're waiting for a CCA request that's now in default.

Wonder what the news from Reigate will be tonight...1st crud using their bully boys LCS a few days short of the CCA deadline to frighten people. Oh dear, nawty, nawty :p

Tonights instalment from The Omnibus Building should be good. It usually is on a Friday:D.

LCS that well known firm of professionals with not an LLB between them.

Still we know what LCS really stands for.:cool: