Kingsmill Bread with something funny inside...

ammark
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5738 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I bought a Kingsmill Bread 50/50 with Omega 3 and me and my family took few slices (toasts), however we found something funny on atleast two slices. pieces of white rubber stuck in the slices!!!

Obviously we stopped eating and were disgusted by the experience. We called Kingsmill about the incident and they said they would send a package to collect the samples. However I want to ask if we can have some sort of compensation (financial) for this incident. Is this sort of scenario usually lead to a compensation or not?

If it does lead to compenation, then what are the avenues to reach this goal. Thanks a lot.

Compensation for what?

Have you suffered any injuries? Have you suffered any financial loss?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I would suggest that you just take the loaf of bread back to the store that you bought it from. They will give you a full refund.

Compensation is a payment to cover financial loss or injury. If you get a refund from the shop then there is no financial loss.

Regarding the injury aspect,

we stopped eating and were disgusted by the experience.
A feeling of disgust, however strong, is not an injury.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

I complained once to a company because I found a tiny piece of metal in one of their products (it's so long ago I can't even remember who it was). They were 'mortified' and sent a cheque for £12. I hadn't asked them for anything, merely pointing out the problem. Kellogg's sent me a voucher when I told them I wasn't happy about something with one of their products. In my experience, most reputable companies will at least acknowledge your complaint for the sake of good public relations so long as you aren't obviously trying it on coz I'm fairly certain they must get a regular stream of letters and complaints from people who do this habitually just to see what they can embezzle out of them.

Another person trying to gain compo for something that doent deserve such, why does everything now-adays come down to how much compensation can there claim, for anything from crusts on bread too thick to milk wasnt creamy enuf......Okay so you had alittle extra in ur bread, so what, eat it bin it or return it for refund... i'm sure if you pestered kingsmill enuf there might send you a few pounds in tokens to buy more of there products...... but don't be booking that holiday of a life time in the hope you might get thousands in compo because it just isnt going to happen....

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Ive complained to food manufacturers on three occasions...

1) Bread had about 4 days to expiry date but was mouldy (bought same day I noticed). Shop would not refund as I purchased the item on a SUNDAY!:confused: So wrote to manufacturer who kindly sent me vouchers.:)

2) Supermarket branded beans-was more sauce than beans!- They kindly sent me £2.00 tokens.:)

3) Bought high quality frozen family pie- but crust was stuck to packaging! They kindly sent me voucher for free family pie.:)

You may get a couple of loaves out of it.

PLEASE DONATE ANYTHING THAT YOU CAN

A government that robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.

George Bernard Shaw

Go on, click me scales (if I have helped) :grin:

1) Bread had about 4 days to expiry date but was mouldy (bought same day I noticed). Shop would not refund as I purchased the item on a SUNDAY!:confused: So wrote to manufacturer who kindly sent me vouchers.:)

And the day of the week has what exactly to do with the mould? I would have wrote back saying "Sorry, I know Christians consider Sunday to be a dy of religious observance but I didnt realise it was so holy as to prevent the law from applying or that bread magically alters its physical and biological properties".

Or probably I would have reported this to the store in writing as well as Consumer Direct for failing to address and issue under the Food Safety Act.

Regarding the bread, this was an issue going back to the late eighties (I know old issue) but interesting because the shop (not store)was not allowed to open on a Sunday? Weird but true event.

• 2 weeks later...