• Tweets

• Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter. Since my last post I have received a reply from Plymouth Council Insurance Team concerning my wife’s accident (please see enclosed letter and photo of the offending Badminton post) which they deny any responsibility for the said accident. I feel that the Council is in breach of their statutory duties under the following acts: The Leisure Centre was negligent in its duty of care and therefore, in breach of the statutory duty owed under section 2 of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (the Act) to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees, and others who might be affected by its undertaking, e.g. members of the public visiting the Leisure Centre to use the facilities. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 that requires employers to assess risks (including slip and trip risks) and, where necessary, take action to address them. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) require the risk to people’s health and safety from equipment that is used at a Leisure Centre be prevented or controlled. I would like some advice to see if my assumptions are correct and my approach to obtaining satisfactory outcome to this matter are accurate. Many thanks   PLM23000150 - Copy Correspondence.pdf post docx.docx
    • Talking to them does not reset the time limit, although they will probably tell you it does, they'd be lying. Dumbdales are the in-house sols for Lowlife, just the next desk along. If Lowlifes were corresponding with you at your current address then Dumbdales know your address. However, knowing that they are lower than a snake's belly, you would be well advised to send them a letter, informing them of your current address and nothing else. Get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, don't sign it, simply type your name. That way then they have absolutely no excuse for attempting a back door CCJ.   P.S. Best course of action, IGNORE them, until or unless you get a claim form......you won't.
    • A 'signed for' Letter of Claim has been sent today so they have 14 days from tomorrow... Lets wait and see what happens but i suspect judging by their attitude they wont reply 
    • I am extremely apprehensive about burning our files.... I do not know why, so it is becoming an endless feedback loop. Scared to pull the trigger to speak in the desire not to mess up my file. 
    • Hi All, So brief outline. I have Natwest CC debt £8k last payment i made was 7th November 2018 Not a penny since. So coming up to the 6 year mark. Can't remember when i took out the  credit card would be a few years before everythign hit the fan. Moved house 2020 - updated NatWest as I still have a current account with them. Then Lowells took over from Moorcroft and were writing to me at my current address. I did get a family member to speak to them 3 years ago regarding the debt explained although it may be in my name I didn't rack it up then went contact again. 29th may received an email from overdales saying they were now managing the debt. I have not had any letter yet which i thought is odd?  Couple of questions 1. Does my family member speaking to lowell restart statute barred clock? 2. Do you think overdales aren't writing to me because they will back door CCJ to old address even though Lowells have contacted me at current address never at previous? ( have no proof though stupidly binned all letters  ) Should I write to them and confirm my address just incase? Does this restart statute barred clock? 3. what do you think best course of action is?   Any help/advice is appreciated I am aware they may ramp up the process now due to 7th December being the 6 year mark.   Many Thanks in advance! The threads on here have been super helpful to read.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Re: Distressing phone call from MBNA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Sunflower99

Well you i think very lucky in receiving anything from Capital 1.

Just to let you know exterminated me today, sorry meant terminated me:eek:. Did arf hert as well:eek::eek:.

I've heard before on hear that capital 1 are like that, with there paperwork:mad:.

I would send them a letter, as i've been told on here and say that are they going to use that paperwork in Court when they go. If so you will be isueing section 31.14 for inspection.

That's what i've been told, the road to go down, but there's more brainier people than me who can tell you how to go about this which will be along here.

Gaz

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys. I have my own thread going with MBNA. The harrassment letter seemed to have worked for a while but I got a really aggro call today, twice on our landline and once on my cellphone, latterly with a voice message. I have a 9-year old son with a life-threatening illness away on a school residential course at the moment and the cell only indicated 'Private Number' calling..... I am so going to do them just now.............:evil:

Hi Sunflower99

Well you i think very lucky in receiving anything from Capital 1.

Just to let you know exterminated me today, sorry meant terminated me:eek:. Did arf hert as well:eek::eek:.

I've heard before on hear that capital 1 are like that, with there paperwork:mad:.

I would send them a letter, as i've been told on here and say that are they going to use that paperwork in Court when they go. If so you will be isueing section 31.14 for inspection.

That's what i've been told, the road to go down, but there's more brainier people than me who can tell you how to go about this which will be along here.

Gaz

hiya gaz,,,thats interesting thanks for the tip, i will ask for further info on my mbna threads too,

keep happy have you got your own threads now started too?

ciao to all for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hiya SF

you are very welcome , you too, its been liberating to actually speak with others that actually do understand what is happening to you.

Off the forum, life appears so great for others but i secretly think there are a lot of people who will have to admit to having debt eventually - i will guide them here if they ask for help,

i just have my own battles to fight at the moment and with cag im learning something new everyday and making friends along the way which is always a fab bonus

have a fun day ciao for now MAZ

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Hi guys. I have my own thread going with MBNA. The harrassment letter seemed to have worked for a while but I got a really aggro call today, twice on our landline and once on my cellphone, latterly with a voice message. I have a 9-year old son with a life-threatening illness away on a school residential course at the moment and the cell only indicated 'Private Number' calling..... I am so going to do them just now.............:evil:

Good luck whatever you do them. These buggers phoned me within about 10 mins of my Dad dying at home. When I told them I couldn't speaks as my Dad had literally just died and I was waiting for the Doctor to come over, they said, "We'll call back later". :x

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Hi Gazz Thanks for tip about 31.14 something if they start to get nasty!As i say i will try and post up the junk they sent me on another thread about capital one ccas as i suppose i will get a lot of people specifically knowledgeable about capital one ccas! and tell me hopefully what i should do next as i am not very knowledgeable or very clever with legal letters and knowledge! I suppose that what capital one is hoping sending me rubbish like that!I think if i got this right i am supposed to send them a letter saying in polite legal terms that what they have sent me is current terems and conditions and not the original signed document i was supposed to have signed when account was openend!and that they are commiting an offence or something!Snap Gazza! i share all those banks you mentioned in your last thread ,However i do have a llyods one as well!Good luck with them all!

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi AA99 and Bathgategiver Yes MBNA have no care about the grief and embarresment they cause people! They have no compassion and i think they are the worse bank for callous treatment of people.They have no regard for the law about legal and fair debt collection practices,i am surprised they have not got into serious trouble yet! They make all other banks look reasonable compared to them!I hope you get your own back on them and win against them.

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

Hi Sunflower99

Ok, i own up i have a lloyds one as well:D. But i've got nothing on that one. I only had a letter from Lloyds the other day, saying as i was not using there card they would be downsizing my limit to £1000.

Know this is no good to me as i can't rack up big totals on this card:eek:.

Don't worry about Capital 1 they can be sorted, funny i been getting phone calls from Capital 1 on my mobile. There using an 0800 number so look out for them. I don't know if this is a record but i had a phone call last night at 11.50 pm, never answered it but found out it was AOL phoning. Don't these people ever sleep:mad:.

Gaz

This is another story

Hi Sunflower99

I don't know if this is a record but i had a phone call last night at 11.50 pm, never answered it but found out it was AOL phoning. Don't these people ever sleep:mad:.

Gaz

This is another story

I'd take a read through these OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection Practices and remind them of them if it was a call regarding a payment, particularly 2.2 (f)

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Sarah

• Haha 1

Hi Maz1964

Yes, got my own threads one for MBNA/Abbey, one for Capital 1, one for Halifax, One NatWest, One for Barclaycard:eek::eek:.

Gaz

hiya Gaz

great will go and have a look later got some you have next on my radar so to speak, all tips very welcome:-D

ciao laters maz

Hi AA99 and Bathgategiver Yes MBNA have no care about the grief and embarresment they cause people! They have no compassion and i think they are the worse bank for callous treatment of people.They have no regard for the law about legal and fair debt collection practices,i am surprised they have not got into serious trouble yet! They make all other banks look reasonable compared to them!I hope you get your own back on them and win against them.

Hello sunflower,

Remember these are just faceless mindless robots/people who are employed to do a job of work, it is the higher powers that be are the ones who are responsible and all these scaring tactics work with most creditors unfortunately. But we do know better, and if in any doubt do yur homework and question and question. I do think mbna will pay for their unlawful ways and in some ways they are doing just that.:grin:

Have you had a look at what I asked:wink::-D You have to look at any little blip they do to be as cunning as they are:-D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Sunflower99

Hope everythink ok and your not getting to much stress.

If you are unlucky to get a house call from one of these morons.

This is what you have to do.

fp4.jpg

Gaz

Sorry to be rude gaz but I think you need to see the dentist:lol::lol::lol:

and without being offensive you could always try this tactic

Do not click on this link if you are offended by bad language

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Gazza! Love the pic! LOL

Hi ! everyone !Wish me luck .I am now going to try and get to grips with photo bucket again and try and put up the rubbish capital one sent me up on a new thread!Would you beleive it the day after i got that crap reponse to my cca request from capital one ! i got another letter straight after this cca respone giving me a deafault notice!Do you think they are sending this default straight after my cca response from them because they know they have not got a proper cca and now want to get rid of me and pass buck onto another DCA?This is the first default notice i got ! So not sure what to expect!:eek:

• Haha 1

Hi Sunflower99

Well, after they exterminated me yesterday, i received two letters today.

One telling me i've been very naughty:eek: slap on wrist.

Now i ask you me being naughty never:eek::eek:.

The other letter was that the have passed my Dept over to Debites i think.

I've put them up on my thread.

Gaz

Hi Gaz so sorry to hear that crapital one exterminated you !and now they are about to soon exterminate me too !I managed to get the rubbish they sent me in response to cca request on photobucket and put it on a new :eek: thread after a few hours of swearing at my computer!

Hi Hellhasnofury thanks again for all your help and advice! about fighting MBNA! I will pm you tommorrow! I am feeling quite tired now with trying to sort out this cca response from capital one and trying to get to grips with photo bucket!It took me a few hours trying to sort things out as i am not very brilliant with computers!I posted up my capital one cca on thread and hope someone good with letters will advise me of a letter to send them saying that they have not fulfilled their cca request all they have sent me is current ts and cs as in not very good with letters!But what crapital one sent me in response to my cca request is a joke!I am going to turn in now!as ive tired myself out from getting my head round photobucket! LOL

Hi Car i hope you dont mind! but i sent you an e mail asking for your advice ! but thought id put a reference to it here in case it ends up in your spam folder like it did last time!Thanks for all your help and hope you dont mind me asking advice about crapital one CCA!:)

Hi Sunflower99

Well, i think i'm upto 4 Defaults at the moment so i'm ahead of you:D.

Don't worry to much about this, now on your default have they included and charges to the default. As i've been told if they have then its not valid:eek:.

Gaz

Hi Sunflower99

Well, i think i'm upto 4 Defaults at the moment so i'm ahead of you:D.

Don't worry to much about this, now on your default have they included and charges to the default. As i've been told if they have then its not valid:eek:.

Gaz

By 'charges' Gazza, what have you be told exactly?

Hi Car i hope you dont mind! but i sent you an e mail asking for your advice ! but thought id put a reference to it here in case it ends up in your spam folder like it did last time!Thanks for all your help and hope you dont mind me asking advice about crapital one CCA!:)

I've had external auditors in at work recently, (don't ask!) so I've been a little busy...

Should get to it soon hopefully.