BGAS debt - CCA request to Wescot, got this back

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does it mean?

scan0005.jpg

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Dont mean to burst your bubble, but they are right there is no need for a consumer credit agreement when dealing with utility bills.

What you want to do now is question wescot's right to collect the debt, as they have said that the CCA does not apply to a utility bill.

Ask then for proof that you gave your permission for them to be involved in a private matter between yourself and british gas, as you believe they are a third party that has not been stipulated in the original contract between you and british gas.

Hi there, it is my belief that this is indeed a service account and not covered by the CCA 1974 act so the above letter is right. A CCA request was not required in this instance.

I'm not sure how you go forward on this one though berrylover regarding your challenge, but for sure someone will be along soon who can:)

As said above, you need to make arrangements with British Gas, and ask them to call off the hounds. I have found out today that they do an online tariff called Energy 5.

All you have to do is sign up online to Click Energy 5 and manage your accounts online. There is no cancellation fee and no tie-ins so you've got nothing to lose. I would try to negotiate to get put on this tariff.

I didn't know about this until this morning. This may help with the high bills expected soon.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

So if I pay the £1 token payment to British Gas rather than westcrap British Gas cannot complain as they are still getting the cash?

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

This is simply not true, a utility company can ultimatly disconnect you. You really do need to come to some agreement, and to contact the National Debt Line to work out repayments. There are facilities available to help utility customers who are vulnerable, or to renegotiate repayments, but if you ignore it things have a tendancy to explode.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I am no longer with British Gas and I am paying this money back, albeit to Wescot at £1 a month.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow

That's good, in that case the debt is not a priority, but it is still necessary to repay them in the way you would any other unsecured creditor. In essence, if it ever came to court you would lose.

it sounds like you are doing the right thing, by paying them what you can afford.

• Haha 1

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Yup, I am not trying to avoid my debts at all. Just want to know the legality of the DCA's right to collect the money. I am happy to pay back to British Gas as I did use the gas, and if I could pay it all off tomorrow I would. Thanks for the advice.

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Time flies like an arrow