Have you been defaulted for bank charges? Prepare to take action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Can't access the 2nd link

Just remember to keep smiling and ask if you need help. :-)

I can't read and I can't write, but that don't really matter, cos I come from Lincolnshire, and I can drive a tractor.

CCA sent to robinson way Halifax cc. 22/02/07~Sold on to Aktiv Kapital~How can you take them seriously when they can't spell properly

Data Protection Act sent to HBOS Current Account 22/02/07~All quiet

Over 2 yaers I've been a member~Doesn`t time fly when your having fun~or beating DCA's at their own game

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I am new to this site and I only found out how to work with this finally.

I have accounts with Halifax!!!!Nightmare!!! As soon as I finish this battle I definetely will avoid them forever....

1st credit card: opened back in 2001 and paid it off in 2005.

I have requested the statements under the DPA1998 back in December08. Within 4 weeks I received a letter to say that .."I hope that meets your requirements" and enclosed a closing statement where it shows the balance 0.00. It is a joke but I make sure that they will pay for it....

I have sent the following letter:

Halifax Card Services (data controller).....

......................... ......

KY 99 4BS

Re. Acc. No:

Dear Sir/madame,

Go to martins money site or here ...just sign in free and have a look. Very good template letters you can find around. ...........

I have then sent another letter saying that you did not sent me the right statements and you will enter in default with my request as well as with the statutory time limit under the Data Protection Act. If you fail to provide the statements I will inform the Information Commisioner.

A 3 weeks break since and the answer came through..."Could you call me please as I can not send you the information requested...."

I have then respond that they are already in default and as I have written in the previous letter with regards to my situation categorized in Hardship case, I would appreciate if you could send urgently the requested statements. In this letter I have mentioned that I have had this card under different surname and address for the whole period. They still did not reply.

I have then call them up and as they have accepted their mistake by not providing the right statements, after a few minutes of letting me to listen to their music....they came back and said....can you send us once more the letter in which to request the statements but do mention the Data Protection Act or that we are in default.....

I have already sent the compleated form to the Information Commissioners Office and as I do know that they take the time I am just about to go through County Court..

What do you think???? Anyone???...please I do not take advice from anyone that works for the bank or it is pro....as I know they do keep looking around....

Best luck to all of us,

DD:wink:

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif

Edited by London000

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Welcome, tonyravi.

What Bank are you with ?

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 2 months later...

Hi all on the forum Flaminscot still smoldering regarding the shabyfaxbankofjokeland.

made a claim under hardship was made to offers after geting FOS involved.

accepted payment offer as part payment.

now going for full payment pluss interest.

claim was stayed as usual.

During my claim halifax defaulted me and now credit score is zero thanks to their greedy incompetance.

now with dept management coy.

even though i had a claim ongoing halifax pased on my account to Blair Oliver Scott who now say my problem is with Halifax.

But halifax are still trying to get me to pay off my visa card.

Help I am going mad with the way halifax are dealing with my complaint.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks advice needed please?????

This whole subject leaves me absolutely exhausted and I can no longer keep up with the correspondence that is being sent to me and bully boy tactics of firms masquerading as debt collectors yet are the very same bank(s).

In Feb. I opened a parachute account whilst applying to Halifax for bank charges refund (2nd time, 1st successful 4yrs ago) this time using Hardship route, ie long term sick (several yrs), no employment, outstanding C Tax, etc etc. Halifax refused. All money paid into my account is related to my ill health ie disability benefits and a small ill health occupational retirement pension. I transferred all my banking to parachute account (keeping Halifax open) the only way to stop the Halifax from emptying my account twice a month. Soon as done Halifax defaulted me and continue to add charges to my unused account. I have been harassed since March by Debt Collection Agencies threatening Court action if I don't pay immediately (as at today) 454.66. I have informed all who contact me the amount is disputed and refers to bank charges but the letters and threats continue, weekly. Likewise I have informed I welcome the commencement of Court Procedings but seems they prefer to harass and they just keep sending the letters. The one today is from Blair, Oliver & Scott, the postal code on their letter is local to me; that of the Bank of Scotland......surprise surprise.

What do I do next or what options have I got if any? These people never acknowledge my contact. Can I force them to commence the court actiont? Can I just ignore all contact hoping they will take me to court (surely they won't cos of the subject)? Apply again for bank charges refund from HBOS/Halifax under hardship, remembering that they are threatening me with this action for non-payment of charges. My request for refund of bank charges in Feb was approx £1000.00 covering a 2yr period. Never followed it through due to Stay. Can they continue to threaten court action over a prolonged period without taking it?

Hope someone out there can advise me what to do next.........fingers crossed.......there is.

Edited by sleepyhead

Halifax paid out in full £3054 :D :D :D

4yrs later.......here we go again:(

• 5 weeks later...
I have three cases against Halifax bank of sctotland pending. All have been stayed, how do I get these removed?

Also has anyone had any dealings with breaches of injunctions against harassment telephone calls from Halifax/Bank of Scotand?

Hi I am no expert but if you have an injunction in place and they are still harassing you I would report this to the court/judge that issued the injunction.

dpick

I recently recieved a letter of the Halifax stating that instead of charging interest on my overdraft they will now charge me £1 every day I go into it. I am CONSTANTLY in my overdraft!!! :eek: Got into it a year or so ago moving house and cant seem to claw my way back out. Thisa means I will be charged £25/30 every single month. Is this allowed??

I visited Blair Oliver Scott last month as I recognised the postal code in tiny, tiny print at the bottom of their letters. The postal code is local to me and surprise surprise it led me directly to a very modern new building emblazoned with a very familiar sign, yep that's right it is the ' Halifax'.

The Halifax bank in Rosyth, (on approach to the Port), Fife, is the registered offices of Blair, Oliver, Scott who are/were owned by the Bank of Scotland before the merger that is, assume it is now part of the HBOS.

Halifax paid out in full £3054 :D :D :D

4yrs later.......here we go again:(