Hi Guys!! please can some one help i am at the point of tears with TC's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad:I have sent this email 7 times, a letter twice, been held on the phone for 2hrs and still had no response..what do i do now? i know its a long letter, sorry for that but as you will see with good reason:

To Thomas Cook, Direct-line Holidays and Travelcare

Where do I start, that is the question!

My husband and I booked a holiday 26/05/08 - 9/06/08 at ‘club Belizia in Bodrum Turkey. We have just retuned. This holiday was booked via Direct-line holidays. We have booked another holiday for 15 people to the same location for 29/9/08 - 06/10/08 with ‘Travel-care’ to celebrate our 10th anniversary and to have our marriage blessed with our family. The reason for the first trip was to book the ceremony and have a really good time. A catalogue of errors have occurred which rendered me in hospital, my husband ill with severe stomach ache and my children in tears, details below.

I now insist that you take the appropriate action.

Holiday (1) we arrived at this beautiful location at about 7pm, no Thomas cook rep met us at the hotel, her day off! We were handed a key to a room, number 1406, and left to our own devices. To our horror the hotel is not ‘hilly’ as described its ‘mountainous’, it took us over an hour to climb to the room up at least 60 steps with children and cases and very, very, very steep hills. We arrived at last in the room, our mouths dropped with horror.

We paid for 3 adults’ full price and 1 child therefore the sleeping arrangements for these 3 adults should have been equal as the cost was the same. My daughter is 5’7 and the camp bed she was supplied was 2.5 by 4.6 with the thinnest mattress you have ever seen. My son had a sofa bed, if you can call it that - it had no mattress at all and it was like sleeping on concrete. It was supposed to be a double bed size - rubbish it was 4ft wide by 4 ft long and the only way he could fit on it to sleep, was diagonally.

When we booked this holiday the agent knew the ages of the children and she told me that my husband and I could sleep on the double sofa and the kids in the twin beds - my God my 10yr old son was too big for the sofa!

We didn’t choose this accommodation - this is what your agents supplied us with. In order to take in the gorgeous views from the balcony we had to climb over two beds that were wall to wall!!!

We had 1 single wardrobe between 4 of us and 2 very small drawers for a two week holiday, with only 3 hangers. I immediately picked up the phone to call reception - it was broken, so we unpacked as best we could. Went to go to the loo to find it was locked from the inside and couldn’t be opened.

A woman called Jo White, who we had believed was a Thomas Cook Rep because she was based in their office and wearing the company colours (until day 13 when she told us she worked for the Belizia as guest relations) was our first point of contact. We spoke to her about the room, the hills and the food.

The next day we went to who we thought was the rep, and told her of our problem, not that she gave a damn, she said ‘this is what you booked - you will have to pay 10euro per person per night to upgrade. We couldn’t afford to do that so we tried to make the best of it. After 2 nights with no sleep at all we caved in and had to use our rent money to upgrade as we couldn’t stay there for two weeks. We were charged £268 by the Thomas Cook Rep Justine, just so we could have beds! She said there was nothing she could do, although sympathised with our problem.

I will be making a direct formal complaint against Jo White as she is the rudest person I have ever met. When we spoke to her about the sleeping arrangements, this was her explanation - ‘you can’t blame the hotel, Thomas Cook come over to assess the rooms, your contract is with them not us. They decide how many people sleep in the rooms, not us. They just squeeze as many in as possible for more money. For ‘our’ guests that room has a maximum occupancy of 3, take it up with them. It’s not our fault I don’t know why Thomas Cook keep sending British over here.’

On about day 4 we felt we should complain about the food as we were starving - the food provided was plentiful however it was Eastern European and consisted mainly of Fish Heads for breakfast, lunch and dinner with rice, pasta and salad. The fruit was old and far from fresh - we lived on coffee, rice, pasta and bread. Cold carrots and peas for breakfast are far from a normal diet. We are adventurous and love to try new things but this was disgusting, cold and repetitive. Again we spoke to Jo, thinking she was your rep, her answer was this - ‘why do the British come here? We are an Eastern European hotel; we don’t cater for the British. Why should we change, it’s only you British that complain. All the other guests who are non British love the food; you are a very small minority.’

I have the names, numbers and addresses of many of your customers who are also complaining - we paid for an all inclusive holiday and spent £1000 eating out in restaurants as did the other British guests. On one evening we had had enough and arranged a mini bus to collect 23 of us to take us into Bodrum so we could have a decent meal.

On the Monday of the 2nd week a British guest reported the steep sloped hotel walkways being wet at night when the gardeners water the grass. These are very, very steep, dark due to no lights, and dangerous as they have no hand rails, (see attached pictures to prove the severity of these walkways). He said someone would have an accident and asked to be moved to another room that didn’t involve using that walkway to get around the hotel. At least 4 people fell whilst we were there and on the Thursday it was my turn - I severely damaged my foot and was taken to hospital were I received treatment for damaged tendons, and an allergy to insect bites. I had insurance but had to pay the excess of £100, so far, after paying an all inclusive price we are £1368 out of pocket!!!

I was in a foot support for the remaining 5 days of the holiday, and due to the heat and infection was unable to swim or sunbathe.

On our final morning we were standing at the bar, the guest that reported the incident the Monday before approached me with shock on his face - he said he couldn’t believe his ears. He had just spoken to Jo, he’d said that he had warned her there would be an accident referring to me, and to my horror she stated ‘The lady concerned had too many sherbets.’ In other words she was telling another guest I was drunk when I fell - I am furious, I had my children husband and 4 other witnesses with me, it was 11pm and I was not drunk. Well enough was enough and my husband and I confronted her, she was awfully embarrassed stating she was talking about someone else; she is a liar and should not be in a position of customer care. I informed Abi, your rep on the coach, that I had left a letter for Justine who was off that day, with Jo. She assured me she would tell Justine about the letter. I also left a letter addressed to hotel management with the above complaints.

Holiday 2

As stated above we were looking forward to having a wonderful holiday with family and friends to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I have booked 3 separate parties - a party of 7, a party of 2 and a party of 6. We will not return to this awful place.

On the basis of our experience and my lack of trust of Thomas Cook I wish to cancel my booking of 7, and the booking of 2, and expect a refund of the £350 deposit, and £52 deposit respectfully, by return. I do not expect to incur cancellation fees.

All the bookings were made for ground floor, two story superior deluxe apartments with mini bars. I ask you this question - I asked to see these rooms before I left to ensure my guests were not cheated as we were. I was informed by Jo that there are no such rooms in the hotel and we would be put in the same accommodation as this time (before we upgraded). This is miss-selling and disgusting treatment.

I want my guests, if they still want to go, to be moved to either Club Voyage in Torba, or Club Ersan in Bodrum, both of which cater for our cuisine, with no further cost incurred. If you are unable to do this we will insist on a full refund immediately.

I will be sending this letter and photographs to ABTA as I want this situation investigated fully. One of my guests now uses sticks to mobilize after an operation, and there is no way she could climb around that resort. Your advertisements are inaccurate and totally misleading. Hilly that’s a joke see attached pics

Full payment for this holiday for the remaining party of 6 has to be made by 6/7/08; however no more money will be paid until I receive a full explanation, refund and compensation for ruining our long awaited holiday.

Well that is most of it, any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks

bodrum 333.jpg

bodrum 334.jpg

This letter has been sent twice via post 7 times via email and i have been left endlessly on the end of a phone as yet i have been unable to speak to a person at all and have not had any response whatsoever: can someone please help me.im at the point of tears.

URGENT ATTENTION REQUIRED BY SENIOR MANAGER

To Thomas Cook, Direct-line Holidays and Travelcare

Where do I start, that is the question!

My husband and I booked a holiday 26/05/08 - 9/06/08 at ‘club Belizia in Bodrum Turkey. We have just retuned. This holiday was booked via Direct-line holidays. We have booked another holiday for 15 people to the same location for 29/9/08 - 06/10/08 with ‘Travel-care’ to celebrate our 10th anniversary and to have our marriage blessed with our family. The reason for the first trip was to book the ceremony and have a really good time. A catalogue of errors have occurred which rendered me in hospital, my husband ill with severe stomach ache and my children in tears, details below.

I now insist that you take the appropriate action.

Holiday (1) we arrived at this beautiful location at about 7pm, no Thomas cook rep met us at the hotel, her day off! We were handed a key to a room, number 1406, and left to our own devices. To our horror the hotel is not ‘hilly’ as described its ‘mountainous’, it took us over an hour to climb to the room up at least 60 steps with children and cases and very, very, very steep hills. We arrived at last in the room, our mouths dropped with horror.

We paid for 3 adults’ full price and 1 child therefore the sleeping arrangements for these 3 adults should have been equal as the cost was the same. My daughter is 5’7 and the camp bed she was supplied was 2.5 by 4.6 with the thinnest mattress you have ever seen. My son had a sofa bed, if you can call it that - it had no mattress at all and it was like sleeping on concrete. It was supposed to be a double bed size - rubbish it was 4ft wide by 4 ft long and the only way he could fit on it to sleep, was diagonally.

When we booked this holiday the agent knew the ages of the children and she told me that my husband and I could sleep on the double sofa and the kids in the twin beds - my God my 10yr old son was too big for the sofa!

We didn’t choose this accommodation - this is what your agents supplied us with. In order to take in the gorgeous views from the balcony we had to climb over two beds that were wall to wall!!!

We had 1 single wardrobe between 4 of us and 2 very small drawers for a two week holiday, with only 3 hangers. I immediately picked up the phone to call reception - it was broken, so we unpacked as best we could. Went to go to the loo to find it was locked from the inside and couldn’t be opened.

A woman called Jo White, who we had believed was a Thomas Cook Rep because she was based in their office and wearing the company colours (until day 13 when she told us she worked for the Belizia as guest relations) was our first point of contact. We spoke to her about the room, the hills and the food.

The next day we went to who we thought was the rep, and told her of our problem, not that she gave a damn, she said ‘this is what you booked - you will have to pay 10euro per person per night to upgrade. We couldn’t afford to do that so we tried to make the best of it. After 2 nights with no sleep at all we caved in and had to use our rent money to upgrade as we couldn’t stay there for two weeks. We were charged £268 by the Thomas Cook Rep Justine, just so we could have beds! She said there was nothing she could do, although sympathised with our problem.

I will be making a direct formal complaint against Jo White as she is the rudest person I have ever met. When we spoke to her about the sleeping arrangements, this was her explanation - ‘you can’t blame the hotel, Thomas Cook come over to assess the rooms, your contract is with them not us. They decide how many people sleep in the rooms, not us. They just squeeze as many in as possible for more money. For ‘our’ guests that room has a maximum occupancy of 3, take it up with them. It’s not our fault I don’t know why Thomas Cook keep sending British over here.’

On about day 4 we felt we should complain about the food as we were starving - the food provided was plentiful however it was Eastern European and consisted mainly of Fish Heads for breakfast, lunch and dinner with rice, pasta and salad. The fruit was old and far from fresh - we lived on coffee, rice, pasta and bread. Cold carrots and peas for breakfast are far from a normal diet. We are adventurous and love to try new things but this was disgusting, cold and repetitive. Again we spoke to Jo, thinking she was your rep, her answer was this - ‘why do the British come here? We are an Eastern European hotel; we don’t cater for the British. Why should we change, it’s only you British that complain. All the other guests who are non British love the food; you are a very small minority.’

I have the names, numbers and addresses of many of your customers who are also complaining - we paid for an all inclusive holiday and spent £1000 eating out in restaurants as did the other British guests. On one evening we had had enough and arranged a mini bus to collect 23 of us to take us into Bodrum so we could have a decent meal.

On the Monday of the 2nd week a British guest reported the steep sloped hotel walkways being wet at night when the gardeners water the grass. These are very, very steep, dark due to no lights, and dangerous as they have no hand rails, (see attached pictures to prove the severity of these walkways). He said someone would have an accident and asked to be moved to another room that didn’t involve using that walkway to get around the hotel. At least 4 people fell whilst we were there and on the Thursday it was my turn - I severely damaged my foot and was taken to hospital were I received treatment for damaged tendons, and an allergy to insect bites. I had insurance but had to pay the excess of £100, so far, after paying an all inclusive price we are £1368 out of pocket!!!

I was in a foot support for the remaining 5 days of the holiday, and due to the heat and infection was unable to swim or sunbathe.

On our final morning we were standing at the bar, the guest that reported the incident the Monday before approached me with shock on his face - he said he couldn’t believe his ears. He had just spoken to Jo, he’d said that he had warned her there would be an accident referring to me, and to my horror she stated ‘The lady concerned had too many sherbets.’ In other words she was telling another guest I was drunk when I fell - I am furious, I had my children husband and 4 other witnesses with me, it was 11pm and I was not drunk. Well enough was enough and my husband and I confronted her, she was awfully embarrassed stating she was talking about someone else; she is a liar and should not be in a position of customer care. I informed Abi, your rep on the coach, that I had left a letter for Justine who was off that day, with Jo. She assured me she would tell Justine about the letter. I also left a letter addressed to hotel management with the above complaints.

Holiday 2

As stated above we were looking forward to having a wonderful holiday with family and friends to celebrate our 10th anniversary. I have booked 3 separate parties - a party of 7, a party of 2 and a party of 6. We will not return to this awful place.

On the basis of our experience and my lack of trust of Thomas Cook I wish to cancel my booking of 7, and the booking of 2, and expect a refund of the £350 deposit, and £52 deposit respectfully, by return. I do not expect to incur cancellation fees.

All the bookings were made for ground floor, two story superior deluxe apartments with mini bars. I ask you this question - I asked to see these rooms before I left to ensure my guests were not cheated as we were. I was informed by Jo that there are no such rooms in the hotel and we would be put in the same accommodation as this time (before we upgraded). This is miss-selling and disgusting treatment.

I want my guests, if they still want to go, to be moved to either Club Voyage in Torba, or Club Ersan in Bodrum, both of which cater for our cuisine, with no further cost incurred. If you are unable to do this we will insist on a full refund immediately.

I will be sending this letter and photographs to ABTA as I want this situation investigated fully. One of my guests now uses sticks to mobilize after an operation, and there is no way she could climb around that resort. Your advertisements are inaccurate and totally misleading. Hilly that’s a joke

Full payment for this holiday for the remaining party of 6 has to be made by 6/7/08; however no more money will be paid until I receive a full explanation, refund and compensation for ruining our long awaited holiday.

Pics avaiable but cant find attachment logo.

Just bumping your thread, but it probably requires to be in another forum to attract more attention.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I would say it needs to be in the 'Holiday Company' forum. I will ask a moderator/site helper to do it for you. :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You say that there are other guests who have similar complaints of the standards at this hotel. Do you have their contact details?

Are you able to get them all to join this thread. It will help very much in order to form an opinion and to advise on an appropriate course of action.

As far as attempting to cancel a second holiday, I'm not clear if that holiday is booked at the same resort. If it is then you may have grounds for canceling the contract. If it is somewhere else then there may be difficulty.

Are there any codes of conduct for travel agents and holiday companies?

Thread moved.

Now, I am going to give you my honest opinion of your post, and you are not going to like it, but it is an honest assessment, so please don't go off on one at me simply because you don't like what I say.

A catalogue of errors
Where? You booked a holiday in turkey, you got a holiday in Turkey. You may have grounds to complain about misleading descriptions, but I don't see where the catalogue of errors stems from.

rendered me in hospital, my husband ill with severe stomach ache and my children in tears
By your own description of the events, and counting the days, it seems as if you were not actually hospitalised, but treated as an outpatient, and if I am mistaken, then your letter is not making it clear enough for anyone reading it. Furthermore, whilst the foot injury may be attributable to the conditions of which you complain, the infected mosquito bites are not.

As for your husband's stomach ache, since you have said you spent a fortune eating out all the time, I don't see what you are blaming the company for: either you stayed at the location, ate their food and your husband got sick, or you didn't, and where you went and ate caused his stomach ache, and you can't blame TC for that. You can't have it both ways.

As for the children in tears, apart from the drama that it is supposed to add to your letter, I don't see where it is relevant and in what way TC has caused them direct distress. It seems to me that if you and the rest of the adults had put a brave face on and determined to give the kids a good time, they would have. Children are extremely resilient and as long as they are kept entertained and jollied along, they usually get over material discomfort fairly easily.

To our horror the hotel is not ‘hilly’ as described its ‘mountainous’
If the picture you have posted is accurate, then I would not describe it as mountainous. Notwithstanding of the above, how could you NOT know that this part of Turkey is mountainous? All I had to do was type "Bodrum topography" in Google and this is one of the first ones I found (by no means alone): "The Bodrum Peninsula is a mountainous outcrop at the northwestern corner of the Gulf of Gokova, extending both westward and southward. Both coasts are carved by dozens of coves and inlets of various sizes and dotted with resort towns, each of which retains its own distinct personality in terms of topography, climate and the types of visitors who frequent them. The scenery varies considerably from dry rocky, mountains to lush fir forests. " Did you not research the area at all before booking?

Moving on to the lady rep: You may have thought she was the TC rep, but you now know she wasn't. Yet, despite that, you go on and on how rude she was, how unhelpful she was, how you want to make a complaint about her. Forgive me for pointing the obvious, but she is not Thomas Cook's rep. You are wasting your time complaining to TC about her, and as you were with TC and not the company for whom she works, you'd be wasting your time complaining to them since you're not their customer.

The food. Hmmm. Were you promised full English breakfast as part of the deal? If you were and it wasn't provided, you may have grounds to complain. If you weren't, or you didn't ask, I don't see that you have to complain about what you were given. When in Rome and all that...

Next,

I had insurance but had to pay the excess of £100, so far, after paying an all inclusive price we are £1368 out of pocket!!!
Were you expecting your AI holiday to cover the excess from your holiday insurance? Because that 's how it reads.

I could pick plenty more, but to sum up: You booked a holiday in Turkey, you didn't like the topography, the accommodation, the food, the weather, the mosquitoes and the attitude of another tour operator's rep.

Depending on what the brochure/website describes and sells, you may have a case for misrepresentation/mis-selling. I hope you took plenty of pictures to back up your case.

As for the 2nd holiday, you probably have a better chance of cancellation at no cost to yourself since it would appear from what you say that the holiday was mis-sold to you.

The main problem is that your letter comes across as a total rant, with everything and anything thrown into the pot, whether TC may be responsible for it or not, and little coherence or attempt at a resolution. You say you want them to take "appropriate action" and "investigate fully", but you haven't said what that should be.

My suggestion is that you go back to the drawing-board, so to speak: Look at the causes of your discontent. Establish what is or isn't TC's responsability (For example: poor state of the room, maybe. Mosquitoes, no.) Re-write your letter in bullet points with the issues you feel need investigation, and say what you want done about it. Then state the remedy you want. Finally, give them a deadline in which to respond to you.

With years (and years and years... :razz:) of customer services behind me, I can tell you your letter as written would be one that would get at best the "sorry you are unhappy" sod-off letter, at worst not even get a response. If you want results, you have to know who you're after, what you're after, and how to demand it. Don't get angry, and please drop the tearful approach, be firm, let them know you won't be fobbed-off. Act like a professional, and they'll be more likely to treat you like one. ;-)

Home - ABTA

Holiday Complaints | The ABTA Code of Conduct | HolidayTravelWatch

Both of the above links may be of some help Jux, Good luck with it, but be prepared for a fight, tour operators are notorious for there reticance in dealing with complaints. You could try contacting some of the tv holiday shows, they appear to be pretty good at dealing with tour ops.

Good luck, stone

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

I only read a little because you are obviously representing the holiday company, or have no children or indeed you are very bored. I am an honest persoin who needs help and people like you who only care about word perfectness drive me crazy.

Thread moved.

Now, I am going to give you my honest opinion of your post, and you are not going to like it, but it is an honest assessment, so please don't go off on one at me simply because you don't like what I say.

Where? You booked a holiday in turkey, you got a holiday in Turkey. You may have grounds to complain about misleading descriptions, but I don't see where the catalogue of errors stems from.

By your own description of the events, and counting the days, it seems as if you were not actually hospitalised, but treated as an outpatient, and if I am mistaken, then your letter is not making it clear enough for anyone reading it. Furthermore, whilst the foot injury may be attributable to the conditions of which you complain, the infected mosquito bites are not.

As for your husband's stomach ache, since you have said you spent a fortune eating out all the time, I don't see what you are blaming the company for: either you stayed at the location, ate their food and your husband got sick, or you didn't, and where you went and ate caused his stomach ache, and you can't blame TC for that. You can't have it both ways.

As for the children in tears, apart from the drama that it is supposed to add to your letter, I don't see where it is relevant and in what way TC has caused them direct distress. It seems to me that if you and the rest of the adults had put a brave face on and determined to give the kids a good time, they would have. Children are extremely resilient and as long as they are kept entertained and jollied along, they usually get over material discomfort fairly easily.

If the picture you have posted is accurate, then I would not describe it as mountainous. Notwithstanding of the above, how could you NOT know that this part of Turkey is mountainous? All I had to do was type "Bodrum topography" in Google and this is one of the first ones I found (by no means alone): "The Bodrum Peninsula is a mountainous outcrop at the northwestern corner of the Gulf of Gokova, extending both westward and southward. Both coasts are carved by dozens of coves and inlets of various sizes and dotted with resort towns, each of which retains its own distinct personality in terms of topography, climate and the types of visitors who frequent them. The scenery varies considerably from dry rocky, mountains to lush fir forests. " Did you not research the area at all before booking?

Moving on to the lady rep: You may have thought she was the TC rep, but you now know she wasn't. Yet, despite that, you go on and on how rude she was, how unhelpful she was, how you want to make a complaint about her. Forgive me for pointing the obvious, but she is not Thomas Cook's rep. You are wasting your time complaining to TC about her, and as you were with TC and not the company for whom she works, you'd be wasting your time complaining to them since you're not their customer.

The food. Hmmm. Were you promised full English breakfast as part of the deal? If you were and it wasn't provided, you may have grounds to complain. If you weren't, or you didn't ask, I don't see that you have to complain about what you were given. When in Rome and all that...

Next,Were you expecting your AI holiday to cover the excess from your holiday insurance? Because that 's how it reads.

I could pick plenty more, but to sum up: You booked a holiday in Turkey, you didn't like the topography, the accommodation, the food, the weather, the mosquitoes and the attitude of another tour operator's rep.

Depending on what the brochure/website describes and sells, you may have a case for misrepresentation/mis-selling. I hope you took plenty of pictures to back up your case.

As for the 2nd holiday, you probably have a better chance of cancellation at no cost to yourself since it would appear from what you say that the holiday was mis-sold to you.

The main problem is that your letter comes across as a total rant, with everything and anything thrown into the pot, whether TC may be responsible for it or not, and little coherence or attempt at a resolution. You say you want them to take "appropriate action" and "investigate fully", but you haven't said what that should be.

My suggestion is that you go back to the drawing-board, so to speak: Look at the causes of your discontent. Establish what is or isn't TC's responsability (For example: poor state of the room, maybe. Mosquitoes, no.) Re-write your letter in bullet points with the issues you feel need investigation, and say what you want done about it. Then state the remedy you want. Finally, give them a deadline in which to respond to you.

With years (and years and years... :razz:) of customer services behind me, I can tell you your letter as written would be one that would get at best the "sorry you are unhappy" sod-off letter, at worst not even get a response. If you want results, you have to know who you're after, what you're after, and how to demand it. Don't get angry, and please drop the tearful approach, be firm, let them know you won't be fobbed-off. Act like a professional, and they'll be more likely to treat you like one. ;-)

I only read a little because you are obviously representing the holiday company, or have no children or indeed you are very bored. I am an honest persoin who needs help and people like you who only care about word perfectness drive me crazy.
I don't represent a holiday company, never have, and unlikely to ever. I did spend years dealing with people like you, however, organising air ambulances, repatriations, even body repats. (If you'll remember the bomb explosions in Turkey in 1995 which killed many British citizens, I organised the repatriation of the dead and the return of the wounded and was of course liaising daily with their families, both here and in Turkey.)

I have 3 children, one of them with special needs, where everything has to be just so.

As for being bored, I just spent 1/2 hour typing my previous post to try and help you, but if all you want is sympathy and no real help, then you are quite right to ignore my post.

Good luck with your claim.

Bookie, out. :-)

Do you really think that bookie would be a mod if this was the case? she has looked at your post in a cool detached manner and offered good advice, appreciated or not, because that is what we try to do here.

• Haha 1

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

I think what Bookie was trying to say, (and I imagine TC will be far more harsh with their reply than she) is that you need to de-emotionalise yourself if you have any change of winning a claim.

Identify where you have been missold and claim that cost. Kids crying and hubby being bit etc, doesn't constitute anything in law.

If I am honest, speaking personally, I think you owe Bookie an apology and you could do with reviewing the way you treat people who are trying to help you.

I think what Bookie was trying to say, (and I imagine TC will be far more harsh with their reply than she) is that you need to de-emotionalise yourself if you have any change of winning a claim.

Identify where you have been missold and claim that cost. Kids crying and hubby being bit etc, doesn't constitute anything in law.

If I am honest, speaking personally, I think you owe Bookie an apology and you could do with reviewing the way you treat people who are trying to help you.

Thank you for this sparkles. I was just coming to post the self same thing. I am so embarrassed at having requested this post be moved to a position where it could be advised on. Only to have the OP turn on one of the most respected members of the forums .

BCOBS

Hi All,

I am going throught the mill at the moment myself with threats etc from DCAs and credit card companies defaulting me and claiming full payment of debts plus charges and interest. I am on the brink of that spiral of debt and I need help.

I have posted a thread elsewhere and was amazed by the help and support offered by People on here.

I would hate people to stop giving that help because they come across grumpies!

Please keep helping, some of us REALLY appreciate it!!

Thank you for this sparkles. I was just coming to post the self same thing. I am so embarrassed at having requested this post be moved to a position where it could be advised on. Only to have the OP turn on one of the most respected members of the forums .

Dont feel bad CitizenB. I have seen that you spend much time on this site doing your bit to help others and helping to bring to helpers and mods attention posts which may have been missed.

If people wish to use this site they must appreciate that it is an open forum and the advice given may not be what they want to hear!

The purpose is for people to be able to make an informed decision by weighing up the advice they get and deciding if it is right for them.

Thats how I see it anyway! Keep up the good work!

Hi All,

I am going throught the mill at the moment myself with threats etc from DCAs and credit card companies defaulting me and claiming full payment of debts plus charges and interest. I am on the brink of that spiral of debt and I need help.

I have posted a thread elsewhere and was amazed by the help and support offered by People on here.

I would hate people to stop giving that help because they come across grumpies!

Please keep helping, some of us REALLY appreciate it!!

Hi Sparkles,

Well said!!!!!

many thanks for your imput and i do appreciate all the tips ive been given, as for Bookie she is probably right but yes i am emotional, it took us a year to save for the holiday and i didnt like the first comment, you booked to go to Turkey and you went, whats the problem, well i could go to buy a house if solely on pictures and the salesmans patter, i would be a fool, the problem is when you go to see your purchase you are very disappointed . You dont get a chance to view your holiday before you go, hensde you are at there diosposal.all i am saying is that we feel really cheated , lied to and its ruined a very special celebration for our anniversary. I am now alot calmer and am getting somewhere i think, will keep you all posted.thanks again. I dont think i owe anyone an apology thats a bit strong, but if i have hurt someones feelings then that was not my intention.

I will be making a direct formal complaint against Jo White as she is the rudest person I have ever met.

Not as rude as you were towards Bookworm. Perhaps a formal complaint should be made against you.

Certainly if you spoke to Jo White the way you write, you would hardly have been diplomatic.....

On the Monday of the 2nd week a British guest reported the steep sloped hotel walkways being wet at night when the gardeners water the grass. These are very, very steep, dark due to no lights, and dangerous as they have no hand rails, (see attached pictures to prove the severity of these walkways). He said someone would have an accident and asked to be moved to another room that didn’t involve using that walkway to get around the hotel. At least 4 people fell whilst we were there and on the Thursday it was my turn - I severely damaged my foot and was taken to hospital were I received treatment for damaged tendons, and an allergy to insect bites.

So, after you knew that 4 people fell, you were silly enough not to take enough care and fell yourself. I think you have thrown away any rights you may have for a negligence claim... while you might have been able to claim if you hadn't known the paths were slippy.

In the interest of disclosure, I do work in the tourism business. Fortunately, my accommodation is strictly Adult Couples Only - so I am unlikely to have the pleasure of catering for you.

British Shoe Corporation - won :) BT - won :) West Lancs Council - lost :-x 02 - won :) British Airways - still fighting :o STOP PRESS - RSPCA - daughter won with letters I wrote :)