Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


1 Neutral

1 Follower

  1. Now you have a CCJ, why not go after the Credit Card people? And to stop him charging you again - ask for a replacement card (as per lost/stolen) on the grounds that "your card details may have fallen into the wrong hands"... that way, different card number - he can't charge again. Well done so far - keep at it - and nil illegitimi carborundum!
  2. Hi Seftonview. I have a private car park at my business premises and people regularly ignore signs saying "parking reserved", "disabled only" and even "5mph". I'm not going to employ a car park attendant to enforce these signs, so why don't you come and sue me too. I've done all I reasonably can under the DDA - I've been on courses, I've written a thorough Access statement which is on my website - I've even made structural alterations - and I can do without militant customers. I will be removing my "disabled only" parking signs - there is no law that says I have to provide parking, let alone specific disabled parking - so if I am risking court action by having disabled parking, I shall have it no more. Well done - you have made my business far more sympathetic to Disability issues - not!
  3. Don't worry - the data will have been encrypted - and the current security requirements from card companies are very stringent.
  4. Yes. Otherwise the card company is open to liability under Section 75 CCA that they don't want to take on.
  5. Sounds like you have a serious problem. A noisy pump or a blind would be minor, but if you've had serious water ingress then that will have caused the start of untold damage to the caravan that will shorten its life dramatically. I would try a local solicitor - an initial letter should not cost much, and would focus the dealer's attention to stop the waiting game. If it goes from there, you should be able to claim solicitors costs for a county court action. I know it means you have to spend a bit of money, but frankly a new caravan is several thousand pounds' worth of investment, and you want all the help you can get. A couple of hundred is a good investment. Are you a member of the Caravan Club? If so, get their legal team on it, it should be free (or reduced rate) to members. Has your caravan insurance got Legal cover included?
  6. Yes, it is a con. The simple rule is "If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
  7. Alamo are acting as local agent for Europcar. Perfectly legal. What is your complaint - you rented a car, you paid for renting the car. Nobody has charged you for something that you didn't want.
  8. Take the replacement stone. A decent back street jeweller (ie not a chain) will do the job in 10 minutes for a surprisingly small sum. As the purchase is outside the UK you can't expect protection by UK consumer legislation - the shop's offer for a replacement stone is pretty fair in the circumstances. Section 75 does give the card company equal liability - if the jeweller does not comply with Thailand's laws.... I'd take the stone. By the way, you can only bring £175 worth back duty free - so did you pay duty on the item? If you did not - maybe best delete this thread fast!!!!
  9. Write to the supplier stating what you were led to expect as "all inclusive" asking them to provide this. If they do not provide it when you get there, pay the £100 to the hotel, then write again to the supplier on your return asking for a refund. If no refund, then follow with a Letter Before Action and a Money Claim at the County Court.
  10. I would still chase MFI - the "bundle of wires" - including the broken ring etc will have been done as part of moving sockets - and if you paid MFI for the fitting they are responsible. They'll resist and try everything until you hit them with the court action.
  11. Best step - go straight to the lawyer who is handling your side of the divorce.
  12. This is exactly why "Part P" of the building regulations was introduced. As a retired electrician I have seen many MFI nightmares. As soon as I read the heading I knew exactly what your post was going to be about. Taped junctions, broken rings, lack of earths. Typical MFI wiring. Get a report by your electrician, and a quote to put things right, then issue county court proceedings against MFI. The fitter was a sub-contractor - MFI are responsible for the fitter's work. Every ex-MFI client that I had got paid.
  13. Your household insurance policy should have a legal cover section - maybe it's worth checking if this will pay for the court action you need to take.....
  14. 2 practical suggestions: Is the car dripping oil - maybe only when the engine is hot - if so, it is possible that when the car was serviced, the drain plug washer or oil filter seal haven't bedded properly - it can happen, even with a careful mechanic. Is the car burning oil - is the exhaust smoke blue, is the car oily near the exhaust pipe? That's the one that you don't want. I would suggest that you ask advice from the mechanic who serviced the car for you - it might be a simple fix. Fingers crossed.
  • Create New...