Littlewoods - no answer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5817 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I made a claim to Littlewoods asking for charges totaling £350, back on 5 April '08, and I just found out that it has been two months since I wrote to them and that since their holding letter in May saying that they would provide a final answer by today, no other correspondence has been received since.:(:confused:

This means that they are in breach of the two months, any advise what can I do next? I have proof that I wrote to them back in April (recorded delivery), and I have their holding letter, but that's it, any help will be very welcomed

Thanks

Edited by Nabuko
bad spelling

Hi, Nabuko.

Continue with your claim, send your LBA, you've given them enough time.

Stick to your timetable :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi maroondevo2,

thanks for your reply. These were sent out back in April, both the SAR and the LBA. I had to send the SAR request a second time because they never replied to my first SAR.

I am so inclined to call them... but I heard some horror stories of phone calls making matters worst. I think they are taking the mickey out of me judging by the way they are treating my complaint.

What next?:|

I think I will just send the LBA again (your version, 'cause the version I sent was a bit longer and they may have got lost reading it!)

Thanks again, fingers crossed from now

Hi,

I would'nt bother sending another LBA, if you have proof of posting, then you should file at you Local County Court.

I take it they did reply to your SAR.

Nope, they never did, they just sent me a letter saying that they were collating all the information, their letter says:

Thank you for your recent letter, enclosing a fee of £10 and requesting subject access under the Data Protection Act 1998, to informatino which is being held by our company.

I am currently collating all the information and will contact you again shortly.

Some lady called Amanda Gledhill, oh well. I am at this very moment going through all my papers just to confirm, once more, that I never got any statement from them. The debt was sold to Phoenix (Fredrickson) and I always thought that it would take some fighting as they all refused to help when I rang. I have other claims awaiting, and have had some money back recuperated, but I always knew that Littlewoods would be a tough one...

How do you know how much your charges are ?

There is a Non Compliance letter you could send........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Regards.

Scott.

I made an estimate with the statements that I have kept since I opened the account. The SAR would have showed me the exact amounts, plus any hidden PPI charges (which I discovered for the first time when I made my claim against First National and they sent me the schedule of charges). But Littlewoods has been more messy.

...I am stuck, I know. :-|

...I am stuck, I know. :-|

Yes, nightmare without the exact amount to be claimed.

Send the Non-Compliance letter and see what happens.

I'll have a look around, see if I can get any more info on Littlewoods that would help you.

Regards.

Scott.

Thanks, I have read through the letters and I am sending the 3rd template in the morning, and as you said, see what happens. Its like starting from zero with them, but whatever it takes.

Doesn't the fact that the debt was sold to other agencies mean that they would be unable to provide a SAR anyway?

Doesn't the fact that the debt was sold to other agencies mean that they would be unable to provide a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) anyway?

No, don't think so, you always send the SAR to the Origional Creditor, they should still hold all your info.

Regards.

Scott.

No, don't think so, you always send the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the Origional Creditor, they should still hold all your info.

Regards.

I have prepared the letter for Littlewoods, it will be on its way in the morning. I will post any developments. Can't wait to nail those... well no comment! Thanks for your help :)

Okay make sure you mail all your letters to

Aintree Innovation Centre

Park Lane

Liverpool

make sure you send them recorded delivery ( i think this costs about £1 ). I always advise customers to do this as very often "mail gets lost in the post" and stuff doesnt get dealt with at all.

Amanda whatever is a front name and doesnt actuallty deal with anything personally, I beleive the front name has now changed to a Chris something or other now too.

If you have proof of postage, for things, then carry on, if not, I would start with the CAG's templates and send everything recorded. Make sure you keep a record in a diary or somewhere safe of exactly when the deadlines are up, and you can ring to see if your complaint has been actioned or not, we aint all horror bags in the call centres. I know some people in there are horrible, but please dont brand us all with the same branding iron :)

Hope it works out for ya :)

HSBC Credit Card - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received a blank form

Barclays Partner Finance - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Recieved nothing

GE Capital Bank - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received signed true copy

Argos Card Services - CCA sent 16.09.08 - Received nothing